Tuskers Opening Again

rakchaingmai

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lol, doesn't make much sense then reading it when the post is already removed. ;)

But Eek posting that it had been removed is a nice thing. It tells the poster why it was removed and gives somone to contact if there is a misunderstanding about limits. I hate it when one of my posts disapears without warning. I do not know why and I do not know whether it was a forum glitch and never got posted.

All luck to the new owners. and best wishes to the old.

Lol, doesn't make much sense then reading it when the post is already removed. ;)

Anyway, back to topics that can be discussed: parking. :rolleyes:

Most bars, pubs and massage parlours I go to have excellent parking at the premises or very nearby. If they don't then I rarely go.

How many bars, pubs ;) do you go to in the moat area that have parking facilities ?

Most bars, pubs and massage parlours I go to have excellent parking at the premises or very nearby. If they don't then I rarely go.

How many bars, pubs ;) do you go to in the moat area that have parking facilities ?

Who's talking about the moat area? There are several though of course. Generally it's not a problem. And the moat area is pretty large also, there's 8 miles of road directly on the moat, with several pubs.

Who's talking about the moat area? There are several though of course. Generally it's not a problem. And the moat area is pretty large also, there's 8 miles of road directly on the moat, with several pubs.

According to google the moat is approximately 6.5 kilometers about or around 1.58 to 1.66 kilometers on each side which after conversion comes out to 4.05 miles not 8 miles if you count both sides of the moat yes 8 miles. As for parking if you considers parking on the side walk as most do a parking space sure there is allot of parking. As for parking a car, no Thai city is car friendly that is a fact. Around the Loi khro area there is one Wat you can park at and a book store on Khotchasan Road for cars. I use the book store.

According to google the moat is approximately 6.5 kilometers about or around 1.58 to 1.66 kilometers on each side which after conversion comes out to 4.05 miles not 8 miles if you count both sides of the moat yes 8 miles. As for parking if you considers parking on the side walk as most do a parking space sure there is allot of parking. As for parking a car, no Thai city is car friendly that is a fact. Around the Loi khro area there is one Wat you can park at and a book store on Khotchasan Road for cars. I use the book store.

Last time I saw if you jumped the moat and did not fall in there is another 4 miles of road. 4+4 = 8

Sorry, i thought the thread was about Tuskers opening again and i thought Tuskers was in the moat area ;) ,

so out of the 80 or so bars and restaurants in the moat area there are several with parking facilities, so can you give us a rough idea on how many several is and how many cars do the faclilites hold:o, just so we can all get an idea on what you are talking about :lol: .

According to google the moat is approximately 6.5 kilometers about or around 1.58 to 1.66 kilometers on each side which after conversion comes out to 4.05 miles not 8 miles if you count both sides of the moat yes 8 miles.

Indeed. 8 miles is for both sides of course.

As for parking if you considers parking on the side walk as most do a parking space sure there is allot of parking. As for parking a car, no Thai city is car friendly that is a fact. Around the Loi khro area there is one Wat you can park at and a book store on Khotchasan Road for cars. I use the book store.

Well, Mandalay has parking, and Fabrique, and Number 1 bar, and a couple places on the Western and Northen moats. It's mostly not a problem to park, with a couple exceptions.

Chas and Rachel both put a lot into Tuskers and I wonder if they had opened early like many others, whether that would have made much difference? The location didn't matter once you got to know the place, but it's not exactly the best spot for walk in traffic.

and not the best spot for parking, so back to rule #1 LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION

DK

As you seem to be have a thing about parking, do you happen to know the percentage of Bar / Restaurants in the city with decent parking facilities ?

I make it 17.6%

Chas and Rachel both put a lot into Tuskers and I wonder if they had opened early like many others, whether that would have made much difference? The location didn't matter once you got to know the place, but it's not exactly the best spot for walk in traffic.

and not the best spot for parking, so back to rule #1 LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION

DK

As you seem to be have a thing about parking, do you happen to know the percentage of Bar / Restaurants in the city with decent parking facilities ?

I make it 17.6%

Thanks for that but could you make it a bit more precise next time :D

DK

I make it 17.6%

So now we have the parking issue down to one decimal place, can we get back on Topic of Tuskers opening again.

Does anyone know when?

If its changing Name?

Or have I missed that in between all the posts about parking?

According to google the moat is approximately 6.5 kilometers about or around 1.58 to 1.66 kilometers on each side which after conversion comes out to 4.05 miles not 8 miles if you count both sides of the moat yes 8 miles.

Indeed. 8 miles is for both sides of course.

As for parking if you considers parking on the side walk as most do a parking space sure there is allot of parking. As for parking a car, no Thai city is car friendly that is a fact. Around the Loi khro area there is one Wat you can park at and a book store on Khotchasan Road for cars. I use the book store.

Well, Mandalay has parking, and Fabrique, and Number 1 bar, and a couple places on the Western and Northen moats. It's mostly not a problem to park, with a couple exceptions.

Is that "Park and Ride" then :lol: park the car and ride in a taxi :(

Is that "Park and Ride" then :lol: park the car and ride in a taxi :(

Great motto for the new venue for the old Tusker site.:lol:

Perhaps the new place can offer a free transit service to and from your vehicle or other venue.

But where would they park the transit vehicle? unsure.gif

Worth pointing out here that this appears just to be a new tenant for the premises that used to be Tuskers Bar and not a continuation of the original business. I think the parking issue, although far from ideal, has been much exaggerated and was a real pain only if loading or unloading anything - in several years of regular weekly attendance I never had to park further away than across the moat by The House and can think of other places (Mad Dog and John's Place for example) where it's just as tricky in the evening. Let's face it, the whole of the city centre is becoming an increasing nightmare if you want to park a car.

Whoever takes it on will no doubt stamp their own identity on the business and I wish them good fortune in their new venture.

Hi what happened to Chaz & Rachel we were there last Christmas Day and had a lovely time.

Not been nasty but JESUS some people never learn, hes going from one Ghost Bar to another

DK

I'll take a look and give it a try, Rachel & Chas put huge amounts of work into Tuskers and were perfect hosts so I'd be interested to know what the new owner will do to improve on them, free beer? :D

Hi,

What are Chaz & Rachel doing now?? Where have they gone? We were there last Xmas Day and had a great day.

Sorry to hear they have left.!!

Not been nasty but JESUS some people never learn, hes going from one Ghost Bar to another

DK

I'll take a look and give it a try, Rachel & Chas put huge amounts of work into Tuskers and were perfect hosts so I'd be interested to know what the new owner will do to improve on them, free beer? :D

Hi,

What are Chaz & Rachel doing now?? Where have they gone? We were there last Xmas Day and had a great day.

Sorry to hear they have left.!!

They are pregnant, well Rachel is anyway, and as far as I understand they want to concentrate on this new chapter of their life. It has been covered in another topic.

Must admit it took us a while to find the place we drove past it before I noticed the sign just off the main road.

Nice Christmas dinner though.

As pointed out by many the location really lets the place down, that is unless you want a few quiet drinks without disruption.

Good luck to the new owners, see you at Christams for a drink.

Must admit it took us a while to find the place we drove past it before I noticed the sign just off the main road.

As pointed out by many the location really lets the place down, that is unless you want a few quiet drinks without disruption.

Are the new Muslim owners really going to have a Christmas Pig Roast ?????

just funnin wit ya guys......to good a opp to turn away......

In any event best wishes and all the good luck to the new owner/operator

G

G

Who says it has been taken over and when it is if ever be a restaurant/pub? Might be Spicy2.:whistling:

G

Who says it has been taken over and when it is if ever be a restaurant/pub? Might be Spicy2.:whistling:

Spicy 2....... would that make it a " Phet Pig " ?????

^ :unsure: Did you get your threads mixed up, eek?

Oops, sorry, i shouId have noted that i had removed a post. Hey, im not aIways perfect! :lol:

Thanks for cIearing that up Baz.

..and, as Baz aIso suggested:

So now we have the parking issue down to one decimal place, can we get back on Topic of Tuskers opening again.

Does anyone know when?

If its changing Name?

Or have I missed that in between all the posts about parking?

WouId aIso Iike to point out that some members may (and actuaIIy have) taken some offense to the reIigious reference. AIthough said in jest, may i request sensitivity in this area. Thanks. =]

My sincere apologies to anyone who may have had their sensitivities hurt by my humor.

That is sincere.

but I must say that the world is becoming too politically correct when we cannot share a smile anymore. If in reality one stops and thinks about it , any and ALL post on this entire forum will cause feelings and emotional stirring in a reader.....

Again my apolotgies and best of luck to the party opening the renewed Tuskers, whomever or whatever they may be.

Gonzo

Edited by Gonzo the Face

I have it on good authority that Tuskers will be re-opening shortly under a different name.

So bearing this in mind and to put an end to all the speculation I am going to close this thread now and wait for the new owners to let you know whats happening.

//CLOSED??