Another 'Where To Find' Question

Fishenough

I can not find heavy Cordura fabric, nylon, available in Chiang Mai? Different kinds wanted to, the heavy stuff and the lighter.

You know that stuff heavy backpacks are made of? Recently have used the services of a seamstress that does both good work and is experienced in luggage making. Would like to have custom motorcycle bags made, as my current soft bags are far too wide for my liking.

Also, I can't find waterproofing spray for our rain gear?

Moving from the Wet coast of Canada we always had a good selection of silicone sprays and such; for the skiing, kayaking, riding, fishing and various rain gear.

How about a modern, treated beeswax sealer? Have for 30 years used beeswax waterproofing products, even up to temperatures over 40c; The good treated beeswaxs coating the inside of motorcycle soft bags doesn't make them completely waterproof but does increase it tremendously and most importantly the bags won't saturate with water; in these temperatures they will be dry overnight.

Thank You

Cheers!

Edited by Fishenough

Did some hunting around today, found plenty of pretty fabrics but nothing I was looking for. Had hoped to find a material to make waterproof bag liners too, for myself and others.

Also trying to recreate a tire sealer I ran for the last 8 years in NA that worked well -in bicycle tires that is. Recipe below, it works far better than the tire sealing products alone.

1 part Latex mold builder - haven't found yet, but know it's here.

1 part Slime tubeless

or any auto tire sealers. Here I have only found the kind that screw fits to the valve to fill the tube. The downside to many of these products is they do work, but so slowly that all the air is gone from a small moto tire by the time the goop hardens

Adding, depending on viscoty and set time of trial sample amounts;

1 part cheap antifreeze (50/50)

1 part water

1 part windex

Some people recommend add glitter or a dash of black pepper.

Cheers,

Kevin

Global house did have some material waterproofing liquid. If I remember right it was made by Bosny. A white liquid applied with a cloth or sponge, I used it on some large cotton umbrellas which worked well. I have not seen any spray like 'Fabsil' though.