Pattaya Expats Club

pop3

Today I thought I would go down to the Pattaya Expats Club. I rarely go these days as I felt the 60 baht entrance fee was a bit steep as I never bothered with the breakfast.

When I walked up to the girl on the door I was told... Life member, that's 120 baht sir :shock1:

Now even with the breakfast I personally think that is way too expensive as most of the people on stage are up there trying to sell you something. Is it that they have got it the wrong way round and it is them who should be paying us something to sit there listening to the adverts. :D

Having said that there must be those who feel they are getting value for money at the meetings ?

The Pattaya City Expats club is much better. Meets every Sunday at the Tavern by the sea, the old Henry J Beans Bar and Grill at the north end of beach road. The Buffet Breakfast is a little pricey, but good, and you have a choice of just coffee and toast at a reduced price.

Barry

i went yesterday as well which is the 2nd time in about a year--------------------should be on in the afternoons not mornings

anyway went with tgf with a promise of a talk from a man who wrote books about ladies in pattaya

this guy just really read a long series of quotes about anything and everything but on the whole was ok

the meeting organisation is excellent and the basic idea of farang help farang is still good with a question time for gen info

ok food not good for sure and i believe the hotel banged the price of room and food up when hotel bookings went down and the club had no choice at the time and i suppose in true thai style the increase was almost immediate---------- but is moving venue next year to bella vista on klang which did do a very good 99 buffet brekky but has also jumped on the profit down so prices up wagon and put 99 up to 120------------clever i think not but a million years better than the aging grand sole and with a car park about the same size

last week was a medical talk involving erection difficulties and a remedy that needed a hand operated pump installed between the testicles and was commented on by a man on female hormones who insisted in telling us about his enlarged breasts

much laughter followed when the two were combined in just about every mans mind in the room !!

that was worth 120 baht on its own

Edited by neilf

The Pattaya City Expats club is much better. Meets every Sunday at the Tavern by the sea, the old Henry J Beans Bar and Grill at the north end of beach road. The Buffet Breakfast is a little pricey, but good, and you have a choice of just coffee and toast at a reduced price.

Barry

Yes Henry beans food is better...much better & the crowd is more lively as well! Not knocking the boys in the Soley crowd ...Brian & Richard did help me a lot on getting the needed data for a type OA visa & in 2004 they had some fun boat outings & it was easy to get free dinners.The Grand Sole is in need of either a tear-down & rebuild or just tear it down & make way for someone to develop.

i went yesterday as well which is the 2nd time in about a year--------------------should be on in the afternoons not mornings

anyway went with tgf with a promise of a talk from a man who wrote books about ladies in pattaya

this guy just really read a long series of quotes about anything and everything but on the whole was ok

the meeting organisation is excellent and the basic idea of farang help farang is still good with a question time for gen info

ok food not good for sure and i believe the hotel banged the price of room and food up when hotel bookings went down and the club had no choice at the time and i suppose in true thai style the increase was almost immediate---------- but is moving venue next year to bella vista on klang which did do a very good 99 buffet brekky but has also jumped on the profit down so prices up wagon and put 99 up to 120------------clever i think not but a million years better than the aging grand sole and with a car park about the same size

last week was a medical talk involving erection difficulties and a remedy that needed a hand operated pump installed between the testicles and was commented on by a man on female hormones who insisted in telling us about his enlarged breasts

much laughter followed when the two were combined in just about every mans mind in the room !!

the best entertainer was the late martin frutin-------------always a good show at the meetings

Looking at the comments so far it would seem I am by no means alone in my thinking. I can't see any justification in 120 baht entrance charge.

Somebody spoke about the The Pattaya City Expats club. How much is the door charge there ? and are you forced to have the breakfast ? :)

Barry

Yes Henry beans food is better...much better & the crowd is more lively as well! Not knocking the boys in the Soley crowd ...Brian & Richard did help me a lot on getting the needed data for a type OA visa & in 2004 they had some fun boat outings & it was easy to get free dinners.The Grand Sole is in need of either a tear-down & rebuild or just tear it down & make way for someone to develop.

:unsure: I went every sat,but when they went to sunday had to make a choice. If sat would go every week.:D

The hand pump, female hormones and enlarged breasts, that's too funny!!!

:cheesy:

Has anyone thought how much the entrance fee to Pattaya City Expats is yet ? :)

There is no entrance fee if you come at 10:30 a.m. however it is recommended that you come earlier and support and the buffet (165 baht?) or toast/tea/coffee. The restuarant does not charge the club for use of it's facilities.

==========================================================================================================

BREAKFAST BUFFET AVAILABLE A buffet breakfast is available from 9:30 am to 11:00am with coffee service starting at 9:00am. The program begins at 10:30 am and concludes around noon. Remember to obtain your coffee or tea refills before the pots are removed at 11:00 am. The Club has met at this location for several years now with its pleasant laid back and informal atmosphere - which the Amari Hotel allows us to use without charge. Please support our continued use of these facilities by purchasing the full buffet or, if you do not want a full breakfast, at least the toast and coffee or tea.

http://www.pattayacityexpatsclub.com/