Sukhumvit Restaurants

swampfox1001

Indus is very good and it's not the typical oily heavy Indian food. I recommend the chicken Kebeb-E-Malai.

The burritos and chicken quesadilla at Sunrise Tacos are good but overall I think La Monita Taquera at Phloen Chit is a better restaurant. The problem though is the acoustics there are terrible and it can get annoyingly loud inside.

I can highly recommend Vientiane Kitchen. I have eaten there quite a few times mid-week and at the weekend. The menu is huge, the food is fantastic, the prices although not cheap, are reasonable. Also the live entertainment and service from staff is exceptional. I have friends who have also eaten there and i have never heard any complaints. Hope this is helpful

One of my fav. restaurants in the Sukhumwit area is Bourbon st.

200 meters in soi 22, turn left to Washington Sq., and it's 50 meters in, on the right hand side.........

post-24958-018034600 1288016716_thumb.jp

My Choice - Think I may have gone years ago and found it to be pretty good

Indus - Excellent, was there yesterday for their all you can eat brunch. One of Bangkok's best Indian restaurants

Vientiane Kitchen - Reasonable food, but a very fun place with their nightly shows. They serve Beer Lao also which is always a bonus.

Hakata - Never heard of it. What / where is it?

Enoteca Italiana - Will be going there in 2 weeks time so I'll let you know the verdict!,

Lemon Grass - Very good, and in a pretty old Thai house.

Soul Food Mahanakorn - New one to me also...

Tamarind Cafe - Have heard it's good bu not been.

Sunrise Tacos - Good for an informal, quick feed but not for gourmets. Quality has slipped a bit since its heyday a couple of years ago, but still pretty decent. Open 24 hours which is a nice touch.

... but overall I think La Monita Taquera at Phloen Chit is a better restaurant. The problem though is the acoustics there are terrible and it can get annoyingly loud inside.

Agreed with both statements. I think they are the best quality Mexican food in town. a few acoustic tiles on the ceiling would help that place alot.

There is an Italian restaurant on the corner of Korean Town (forgot the name). You got to try the Set menu #4 for 900 baht. Includes a great tender steak along with numerous appetizers, side dishes and deserts. So much food someone will need to carry you out.