Great Thai Food In Chiang Mai

tfc

I was in Phuket for a while and through recommendations came to find some really good places for Thai food. When I moved up to Chiang Mai everyone told me that the Thai food was going to be a lot better but as of yet I haven't found anything that really gets my taste buds going although I'm sure it's only because I haven't found the right places yet. So with that in mind I'm looking for recommendations for top quality Thai Food in Chiang Mai - fancy,budget or mid-range - doesn't matter, just looking for recommendations for places that serve Thai food that you can't keep away from.

Theres actually two of them, there is another on Mahidol road, just near the ping river on the left heading south its just across the river, its a lot bigger than the other, yes the crocodile with peppercorn sauce is excellent.

Theres actually two of them, there is another on Mahidol road, just near the ping river on the left heading south its just across the river, its a lot bigger than the other, yes the crocodile with peppercorn sauce is excellent.

The Mahidol road runs more west to east at the river, but isnt it just before the river if you are heading south east?

I have found that the problem with Thai restaurants in Chiang Mai is consistency. You may have an excellent meal one evening, go back the next and order the same dish and find it totally different. It has been explained to me that different Thai cooks will cook things how they believe it should be done, and you therefore struggle to get a 'house' consistency. Hence when you recommend a restaurant to friends, they may not get as good a meal as you had, and then question your recommendation.

Bearing this in mind, the best most consistent Thai food I have had has been at Chiang Mai Highlands Golf Course. You can just drop in there for food if you are not a golfer. It is not open in the evenings.

Iain