Can A Suzuki 4 Wheel Drive Vitatra

ChiangMaiFun

There is one on Chiangmai2car's website but it is 2l V6 LPG. Probably better to go for a newer grand Vitara. There are a number of 2nd hand car shops on Atsadathon Road from the northeast corner of the moat out towards Tesco. At a guess 9 places within walking distance. Might be worth a look.

Yup, nice new model; this one: http://www.suzuki.co...tara/index.html

Here you can see who stocks what, including phone numbers: http://www.suzuki.co...work/north.html

Wouldn't surprise me though if it's significantly more expensive than a Toyota Fortuner..

Hi - thanks yes I'd found this site - no 4 wheel drive Vitaras listed... and no Chiang Mai dealers listed (even though there is one!)

I actually visited the dealer sometime ago but they had no clue! only three cars on display and none could not understand what I wanted - TIT!

I only choose this model as its quite a lot easier to park - seemed ideal - 4 wheel drive for mountains and easy to park around town unless anyone has another suggestions? Those fortuner's are like tanks!

Looked a bit further, the price may actually be reasonable, sort of on par with the main contenders in the segment, the Honda CRV and (at some distsance) Chevrolet Captiva.

That said, Suzuki/Vitara always had a lot more of an off roading pedigree than the CRV, which is better described as a 'softroader' than true 4x4. The Vitara's brochure mentions that it has selectable low gearing and diff lock mode. So that'd be good news. Probably worth looking into a little bit more to see if you can find it. Could try calling a couple Bangkok dealers to see if it's around.

The CM Suzuki agent (CM-Chiangrai Rd) do stock the current Grand Vitara model, though it's not 4WD. Previous models no longer available new, I understand. Both the husband and wife who run the agency speak pretty good English

CMMCB

The CM Suzuki agent (CM-Chiangrai Rd) do stock the current Grand Vitara model, though it's not 4WD. Previous models no longer available new, I understand. Both the husband and wife who run the agency speak pretty good English

CMMCB

but the 4WD is available? why not stock it? strange...........

Strange that they don't offer 4WD.. Might as well buy a Civic then. Especially as the model does come with it according to the brochure. perhaps 4WD models will be available later?

The Civic looks longer? the reason I wanted the Vitara is it will be easy for around CM for parking AND good for longer trips and up da mountains

Not sure I understand the OP.

As CMMCB says (post 10), the owner speaks good English and his wife's is not too bad.

Can't understand why he says "none could not understand".

Also, post #6 "and no Chiang Mai dealers listed".

If you click the links given at #5 (and quoted in #6) the Chiangmai dealership is listed as number 1.

If you're looking for a Vitara JLX, believe they haven't been produced for a few years.

The Chiangmai dealership gets secondhand ones occasionally when people trade them in for a newer model - usually the Grand Vitara.

Otherwise, look around the second hand car sellers.

Strange that they don't offer 4WD.. Might as well buy a Civic then. Especially as the model does come with it according to the brochure. perhaps 4WD models will be available later?

The Civic looks longer? the reason I wanted the Vitara is it will be easy for around CM for parking AND good for longer trips and up da mountains

Civic is exactly 4 cm longer. :)

Either way I don't think parking in Chiang Mai is too much of an issue.

Anyway I would ask the dealer about ordering the 4WD model.

As CMMCB says (post 10), the owner speaks good English and his wife's is not too bad.

If you click the links given at #5 (and quoted in #6) the Chiangmai dealership is listed as number 1.

If you're looking for a Vitara JLX, believe they haven't been produced for a few years.

The Chiangmai dealership gets secondhand ones occasionally when people trade them in for a newer model - usually the Grand Vitara.

to clarify - I had not spoken to the owner nor his wife but to the staff

the web site only lists Bangkok dealerships - I've just re-checked - so I am puzzled

I did manage to phone the dealership here in CM and speak to the owner (who spoke 'some' English not 'good') anyway he said they still produce the 4WD but they are expensive and the imporet decided (strangely) not to import any.

The Grand Vitara sounds great - but not so great going to mountainous orphanages (which I intend to do) full of mud and hilly climbs? unless someone knows otherwise? I was always told go 4WD for those conditions?

ahhhhhhhhhhh page in Thai - that's why I would not have spotted it - you would think a company like Suzuki would have an 'English' button? wierd!