Who Says You Can'T Ride During The Rainy Season?

BigBikeBKK

minor typo in the title- should say Lom Sak to Loei as route 203 doesn't go from Lom Sak to Petchabun... Ooops! :whistling:

What bike are you riding?

Tony rides a GSXR 1000

Awesome Video Tony, great picture quality too.

The trip we done was not only blessed by weather Gods but we also had a group of Bikes that couldn't be much more different. And even with all that we managed to have some great riding - no matter what bike you're sitting on.

Here is a picture of the Bikes:

5102127012_1990d2c2ec_b.jpg

Bikes from left to right : Kawasaki Ninja 250 , Yamaha Virago 750 , Suzuki GSXR 1000, BMW K1200LT

happy trails,

mbox

Yep! Fantastic trip mbox! Looking forward to the next one! Will you be able to make it to the Khon Kaen Bike Week on Nov 13th? Guaranteed GOOD TIMES! :lol:

Ride On!

Tony

Tony, i will need to pass the KK Bikeweek:( ,but the 27 November day loop in Petchabun on roads that we didn't do before ( or partially done) will be fine:rolleyes:.

Hope you got your Versys by then.

When i look at the video my Virago doesn't sound so loud...maybe your Camera's mic has some "noise-reduction":whistling:

happy trails,

mbox

Yep! Fantastic trip mbox! Looking forward to the next one! Will you be able to make it to the Khon Kaen Bike Week on Nov 13th? Guaranteed GOOD TIMES! :lol:

Ride On!

Tony

Tony, i will need to pass the KK Bikeweek:( ,but the 27 November day loop in Petchabun on roads that we didn't do before ( or partially done) will be fine:rolleyes:.

Hope you got your Versys by then.

When i look at the video my Virago doesn't sound so loud...maybe your Camera's mic has some "noise-reduction":whistling:

happy trails,

mbox

Cheers Mbox!

Yep, should certainly have the Versys before end of November so will use that for the next Petchabun ride.

Trust be- your bike is loud! It just doesn't sound so in the vid because my bike is even LOUDER! ;) (And look how close the camera is to my engine and exhaust).

Ride On!

Tony

Nice one Tony!

Did you get a sponsor? I didn't see that Corona sticker last time....

Lolz! Nope Nikster! Not a sponsor, just some new fairings for the old girl. The last set had been patched up Thai-style and were in pretty poor shape. Ride On! Tony

Ha!

Looking at the pictures now I'm glad mbox was in front as his Virago seemed to eat up most of the road crud before my bike got to it...

not sure what crud stands for ...but if it was better for you -riding behind- than you're welcome:rolleyes: although Marco rather drove in front of me cause of my noisy bike :whistling: but wasn't easy for him to stay in front :D

I am getting my original exhaust back now as my bike was even noisy with the earplugs in!

mbox

Ha!

Looking at the pictures now I'm glad mbox was in front as his Virago seemed to eat up most of the road crud before my bike got to it...

Dear Dave,

I wanted to compliment you on your improved riding- you've come a long way since the last time I rode with you. But I did want to ask you one question - why do you spend so much time riding over on the shoulder? That's certainly where most of the crud is and that's not where any of the rest of us ride...

Ha!

Dear Dave,

I wanted to compliment you on your improved riding- you've come a long way since the last time I rode with you. But I did want to ask you one question - why do you spend so much time riding over on the shoulder? That's certainly where most of the crud is and that's not where any of the rest of us ride...

I did whistling.gifermm.gifbiggrin.gif

Ha!

Dear Dave,

I did whistling.gifermm.gifbiggrin.gif

Briefly! ;):P:lol:

Edited by BigBikeBKK

not sure what crud stands for ...but if it was better for you -riding behind- than you're welcome:rolleyes: although Marco rather drove in front of me cause of my noisy bike :whistling: but wasn't easy for him to stay in front :D

I am getting my original exhaust back now as my bike was even noisy with the earplugs in!

mbox

You really don't know what crud is? With my earplugs in I couldn't really hear you; plus I wasn't that frantic on keeping up with the rest of you all and enjoyed the scenery....

Dear Dave,

Not sure exactly what you're talking about; granted I don't give a dam_n whether I pass someone in the bike lane or swinging around into the oncoming traffic lane, but I do prefer to be able to see what's coming up so perhaps that's why I spent more time on the shoulder?

Awesome Video Tony, great picture quality too.

The trip we done was not only blessed by weather Gods but we also had a group of Bikes that couldn't be much more different. And even with all that we managed to have some great riding - no matter what bike you're sitting on.

Here is a picture of the Bikes:

5102127012_1990d2c2ec_b.jpg

Bikes from left to right : Kawasaki Ninja 250 , Yamaha Virago 750 , Suzuki GSXR 1000, BMW K1200LT

happy trails,

mbox

I rode my Road King 2800 miles in August. Somehow it just seemed not to rain on the days I was riding. The wife says it is because she is a lucky person.

There were clouds all around some days, they just didn't seem to be over us.

Everytime I stopped to put on the rain suit it seemed the clouds just parted.

It was great. This picture is when we stopped near Chaiyaphum for some guy yang and som tom. :D

post-61267-048560700 1288129919_thumb.jp

mbox

You really don't know what crud is? With my earplugs in I couldn't really hear you; plus I wasn't that frantic on keeping up with the rest of you all and enjoyed the scenery....

Dear Dave,

Not sure exactly what you're talking about; granted I don't give a dam_n whether I pass someone in the bike lane or swinging around into the oncoming traffic lane, but I do prefer to be able to see what's coming up so perhaps that's why I spent more time on the shoulder?

Thanks dave ...by now i figured out the "crud" :rolleyes: .

i think tony meant you sitting on a sportsbike too upright ,same as siting on a naked Bike or even chopper . Would be a lot easier for ya, if you are not that upright sitting in the curves & easier for you of the "wind blow" the associated "crud" and insects on the visor. But, ride the way you feel most comfortable - it is just an observation .

mbox

Here's a bike cam vid from day 1 riding down Route 2331 from the summit of Phu Hin Rong Kla at 1667 meters.

Fantastic road but had to take it easy this time on account of the landslides and water and crud.

Always good fun to watch Marco pilot the BMW Land Yacht! :lol:

Ride On!

Tony

Edited by BigBikeBKK

Woohoo!

Highway 12 remains one of my favorite high speed road in Thailand.

Here's the Gixxer blasting west from Lomsak towards Khao Kho-

Our gf's and wives thought we were nuts for riding during the "great flood of 2010". I say... NUTS!

T

Very Nice video tony - Route 12 is indeed great riding and if there is hardly any traffic ,like we had even better....yep our Gf's / wive's were opposing this ride because of the weather conditions. But we had it dry most of the times....actually the only rain we experienced was part of the Khao Kho Route . Looking forward to be doing this Area on 27 November again :-)

happy trails,

mbox

Great videos makes me really miss my bikes.

The BM do you use that as your fuel tanker.:D

My Mrs thinks l nuts, l was watching Tony's videos with me crash helmet on.

Good fast safe riding, would ride with you anytime.

Edited by Kwasaki

Ummm i agree with ya missus....lol :D:D:whistling::rolleyes:  if ya miss ya bikes just buy one here,,,, sorted then. :D

Watching with the helmet on! Lolz! :lol:

Yeah- Marco's LT "Land Yacht" can carry something like 40 liters of gas- enough to go from one end of the country to the other without stopping! Fuel tanker indeed!

Marcodsc3514j.jpg

Ride On!

Tony

Ummm i agree with ya missus....lol :D:D:whistling::rolleyes: if ya miss ya bikes just buy one here,,,, sorted then. :D

Yes !! l am not going senile yet (twitch, twitch, dribble).

Love to buy a bike but want one that's legit, sold the CB400.S4, to a friend who didn't mind the :ph34r: say no more.

l was impressed how the CB kicked for a 400 and needed me Carberg helmet l brought from England, good helmet.

l have to stick with me blade scooter for now, till pension comes, sell my truck and get what l want a GSXR1000.

All the family from both sides say, Nooooooo !!! l don't think you should give up the love of something you've always had just because your getting on a bit.:)

Ride to live lads.

Edited by Kwasaki

Watching with the helmet on! Lolz! :lol:

Yeah- Marco's LT "Land Yacht" can carry something like 40 liters of gas- enough to go from one end of the country to the other without stopping! Fuel tanker indeed!

Marcodsc3514j.jpg

Ride On!

Tony

I took one of those BMs for a test ride with the babe on the back; she reckons its a high end couch on wheels. Lovely bike but the Starship Enterprise is just too much for me right now. One day when I'm retired I'll do the NY to LA or the NY to Seattle ride or even the Paris to Barcelona trip; and I'll rent one of those to do it with.

Man I'm jealous.