Big Bang In Nong Hoi

Greenside

One thing I haven't seen here is high tension insulator cleaning, dust build up on them, add a little rain and you get a really big bang, especially if it shorts a transformer. Not sure I would want to be the guy hosing 40,000 volt lines with water to clean them.

post-4090-059166300 1288101522_thumb.jpg

One thing I haven't seen here is high tension insulator cleaning, dust build up on them, add a little rain and you get a really big bang, especially if it shorts a transformer. Not sure I would want to be the guy hosing 40,000 volt lines with water to clean them.

Deionized water no problem.:D

I know, but something in the mind just doesn't fit right with pointing a hose at electricity. :blink::ermm:

The dirt road I use to live on always clogged up the insulators, our house was one of two on a SWER, we lost two transformers in 7 years from the dust, yes a very big bang they make.

I know, but something in the mind just doesn't fit right with pointing a hose at electricity. :blink::ermm:

The dirt road I use to live on always clogged up the insulators, our house was one of two on a SWER, we lost two transformers in 7 years from the dust, yes a very big bang they make.

The one time I about shyt myself was when a voluntary fire department tried to put out a poll top transformer fire with city water. I played hel_l getting them to not do it before they killed themselves but I did win. 4.16K.:o