Border Crossing Mae Sai

Lizard2010

I did actually go once to the border very early , around 6Am , the border was open butI had to wait 30 minutes so that the officer on early shift could finish his breakfast !!

The afternoon closing time can vary I think , officially 6pm maybe but they did say to me back by 4pm unless you want to stay there over night. I did stay but never again .

I did actually go once to the border very early , around 6Am , the border was open butI had to wait 30 minutes so that the officer on early shift could finish his breakfast !!

The afternoon closing time can vary I think , officially 6pm maybe but they did say to me back by 4pm unless you want to stay there over night. I did stay but never again .

Please give the gory details on the overnight, it sounds as though you have a tale to tell ? :jap:

Please give the gory details on the overnight, it sounds as though you have a tale to tell ? :jap:

I took a motorbike tuk -tuk and asked him to take me somewhere nice to stay the night. He said he knew a place with some ladies , good I thought. I was taken 10km in land to an orange plantation , the rooms were in a pig shed , with the smell to go with it . The women were crating the oranges and stayed in the rooms , I was being offered the room inc. of a lady for the night for 500 bht , I departed very quick from there. Ended up in small guest house in town , but not nice to venture out as a lot of gunfire could be heard. Big holes everywhere , you need a torch , next to no lighting and the food available I wouldnt feed to my cat . A great place though , NOT !!

I took a motorbike tuk -tuk and asked him to take me somewhere nice to stay the night. He said he knew a place with some ladies , good I thought. I was taken 10km in land to an orange plantation , the rooms were in a pig shed , with the smell to go with it . The women were crating the oranges and stayed in the rooms , I was being offered the room inc. of a lady for the night for 500 bht , I departed very quick from there. Ended up in small guest house in town , but not nice to venture out as a lot of gunfire could be heard. Big holes everywhere , you need a torch , next to no lighting and the food available I wouldnt feed to my cat . A great place though , NOT !!

Did the 500 baht rate include free oranges :licklips:

Official answer from Mae Sai immigration office on saturday was that border closes 5pm for foreigners and 6.30pm for Thais.

Thanks for that Paul

Looks like it will be a quick trip after getting into Mae Sai from Chiang Mai, by bus. :D

Official answer from Mae Sai immigration office on saturday was that border closes 5pm for foreigners and 6.30pm for Thais.

Thanks for that Paul

Looks like it will be a quick trip after getting into Mae Sai from Chiang Mai, by bus. :D

We do it a little different normally. Get into Mae Sai, check into the hotel, eat and shop on this side of the border. Next morning, check out of hotel, store our stuff with the hotel staff, do the cross-border thing in a relaxed way and then head for home n the afternoon.

Thanks for that Paul

We do it a little different normally. Get into Mae Sai, check into the hotel, eat and shop on this side of the border. Next morning, check out of hotel, store our stuff with the hotel staff, do the cross-border thing in a relaxed way and then head for home n the afternoon.

I was thinking the same.

So maybe change our plans. :D