Tywais

Since there are some really great animated avatars on TV I'm curious as to what software you use to make them. In my case I used "Particle Illusion", same sofware used in a lot of movie and TV special effects.

I just found a program called "Avatar Lab" I downloaded, so if my Avatar starts taking on a life of it's own it's just me experimenting. :o

Edited by tywais

Paintshop Pro has a very easy to use animation shop bundled into it. You can grab a 30day trial at download.com or jasc.com

cv

Or an unlimited 100 baht trial from you-know-where..... :o

Seriously, though - tywais - could you provide a link to the "Avatar Lab" download site?

Have not yet had a chance to install/try it but here is the link.

http://www.e-frontier.com/go/products/otherprod

I'm not sure if this will be a problem for a mod but guess he will remove it if it is.

http://www.mininova.org/tor/82944

Edited by tywais

Paintshop Pro has a very easy to use animation shop bundled into it. You can grab a 30day trial at download.com or jasc.com

cv

Or an unlimited 100 baht trial from you-know-where..... :D

Seriously, though - tywais - could you provide a link to the "Avatar Lab" download site?

Have not yet had a chance to install/try it but here is the link.

http://www.e-frontier.com/go/products/otherprod

Hmmm - seems like I have to download software just to download the program - sceptical........ :o

Hmmm - seems like I have to download software just to download the program - sceptical........ :o

Not sure of what software other then Quicktime media player you are referring to.

Maybe I am just having one of those days, but it says "Download client: In order to download the content of this torrent file, you need a BitTorrent client like BitLord (?)" - No idea what a bittorrent client is, and therefore a bit weary of going ahead with it.

also "Alternative download: The file Avatar Lab 1 0 up b vertigo173 might also be available on usenet. Click here to download the UseNeXT client." Again, have no idea what UseNeXt client does.

Call me a chicken, but I tend to thread very carefully around new software..... :D

Not sure of what software other then Quicktime media player you are referring to.

Maybe I am just having one of those days, but it says "Download client: In order to download the content of this torrent file, you need a BitTorrent client like BitLord (?)" - No idea what a bittorrent client is, and therefore a bit weary of going ahead with it.

also "Alternative download: The file Avatar Lab 1 0 up b vertigo173 might also be available on usenet. Click here to download the UseNeXT client." Again, have no idea what UseNeXt client does.

Call me a chicken, but I tend to thread very carefully around new software..... :D

Hi WS

Edited by lopburiguy

Call me a chicken, but I tend to thread very carefully around new software..... :o

Ahh, you are referring to the 2nd link (the one I wasn't sure the mod would allow). This is a bittorrent link to allow downloading a pira...... copy. Just disregard if you don't use bittorrent.

Disregard the "Avatar Lab" I mentioned.  Installed it and it is a bit fun to play with but requires special plugins to view the results in a web page as such not useful for avatars on TV.

Trying to workout how to add text in that package...? OK with the other parts just text? Maybe a silly question, looked at some tutorials to no avail.

Any Ideas tywais...

:o

Edited by lopburiguy

Disregard the "Avatar Lab" I mentioned.  Installed it and it is a bit fun to play with but requires special plugins to view the results in a web page as such not useful for avatars on TV.

Trying to workout how to add text in that package...? OK with the other parts just text? Maybe a silly question, looked at some tutorials to no avail.

Any Ideas tywais...

:o

Actually I only installed and started playing with it about an hour ago so need a little more time to play.

cv

Not any more cdnvic :D

they are bought by corel now. everything is register and pay pain in the ass now :o

How are you doing T by the way ? :D

Doing ok. Got robbed during my last foray in LOS and lost my media server in the process but I'm gonna start building a new one soon. On the good side my connection has gone from 2.5mbs to 7.0mbs so there's good with the bad :D

t