Working From Home

sgiandubh

Hi - I am considering starting an estate agents business here in Bangkok. I would be using my condo as my office to cut down opening costs until established but I have heard that

a/ A work permit would still be necessary

b/ It is not permissable to use a condo as a business address so a work permit would not be issued

Can anyone confirm this for me please or offer me some constructive guidance

Thanks in anticipation

working is working so yes you should need a visa, i work from home and dont have a visa, having said that its all in wifes name i just do everything., doubt you will get caught. i have a friend who runs a business from a condo in jontiem no problems will have to check your lease.

Thanks for the reply - I have a business visa already but it is the work permit issue that I question in so far as do I need one and would one be issued using my condo as a business address.

Thanks again.

Yes you need a WorkPermit , a business visa does not allow you to work....to get a WP you need a registered thai business..do you have a registered THB 2.0m Ltd company ?...if so where you work ie your own condo is irrelevent provided the address is on your WP as the registered address of the company

A ) You would need a work permit (especially if you are actually meeting with clients etc..) If you don't actually meet anyone (just work online or via phone/email etc.. then you still "need" one, but probably would never really "need" one.

B ) You can register a company to a Condo address.

A ) You would need a work permit (especially if you are actually meeting with clients etc..) If you don't actually meet anyone (just work online or via phone/email etc.. then you still "need" one, but probably would never really "need" one.

B ) You can register a company to a Condo address.

Agreed.

If the condo where you live is rented, you need the permission from your landlord