Anyone Elses Pollen Induced Allergy Been Triggered?

skybluestu

Is anyone else in/around CR more itchy than usual? I've noticed the last few weeks I have similar symptoms that I used to get during the hayfever season in the UK such as itchy nose, eyes and mouth and sneezing. Do any of our members with green thumbs know of any local flora that are pollenating around now that might be causing this?

Thanks

I've never suffered allergies here. Used to be terrible in the UK. I have noticed quite a few nice smells in the garden but other than that no Idea.

Lots of ricefields near you. whats the growing stage !?

Edited by jubby

I've never suffered allergies here. Used to be terrible in the UK. I have noticed quite a few nice smells in the garden but other than that no Idea.

Lots of ricefields near you. whats the growing stage !?

My husband's hayfever is active at moment - certainly not like in Uk, when he had to take anti-histamines all year. At the moment most of the grasses (including rice), the flowering trees - esp. the cassias and bauhinias and indian cork trees are producing copious quantities of pollen. Add to this the fact that we've had a wet rainy season and there are plenty of mould spores around resulting in prime conditions for sneezing and watery eyes.

Me too here in Udon Thani. First time I've had it in Thailand and been here nearly 10 years. My hayfever attacks, when living around Perth WA, were out of control this time of year. One of the big reasons I stayed here.

It's nothing like as bad as the hayfever I used to get back in blighty but I have still had to invest in some eye-drops and loratadine :annoyed:

I thought it could be the rice too Jubby as it's about ready. Scea, the only allergy I have to my dog is an allergy to early morning walks and cleaning her crap out of my garden!

I think harsu could have hit the nail on the head, great reply and probably explains it. Slightly off-topic but sorry I didn't arrange my pizza-making lesson Jan, completely forgot, enjoying time at home with my baby girl, will arrange again in the not to distant future.

Edited by skybluestu

My sinuses went crazy last night and still are giving me fits.

I don't have anywhere near as much trouble here as I have in other countries, though.

toybits, you're probably never too old to get hay fever. I didn't have any allergies until I was nearly forty. After that, I was on shots for most of the year to help me deal with it.

It's nothing like as bad as the hayfever I used to get back in blighty but I have still had to invest in some eye-drops and loratadine :annoyed:

I thought it could be the rice too Jubby as it's about ready. Scea, the only allergy I have to my dog is an allergy to early morning walks and cleaning her crap out of my garden!

I think harsu could have hit the nail on the head, great reply and probably explains it. Slightly off-topic but sorry I didn't arrange my pizza-making lesson Jan, completely forgot, enjoying time at home with my baby girl, will arrange again in the not to distant future.

No problem with the pizza side of things - let me know when it's convenient - I've been busy with an exotic combination of tree and scrub clearance and practicing watercolour painting - don't think I'll book an exhibition space quite yet.