Police Hunt For Bank Robber

george

Police hunt for bank robber

KHON KAEN: -- Local police are hunting for an armed man who robbed a sub-branch of Krung Thai Bank (KTB) in the country's northeastern province of Khon Kaen yesterday, escaping with about Bt240,000 cash.

The police, getting the culprit's clear image from the bank office's closed circuit television camera (CCTV), are speedily tracking him down.

The armed man with his covered face, aged around 30, raided into the KTB's Khon Kaen University Sub-branch yesterday afternoon, pointing his gun at the bank's staff and sweeping the money into his bag before running away through the front door.

He came across with a police officer in front of the bank who shot him at his back when he was running away.

The culprit managed to escape via a motorcycle heading towards the Nong Phai Market.

The local police have set up checkpoints and used helicopter to chase the injured culprit.

--TNA 2005-08-03

Police on trail of wounded bank robber

KHON KAEN: -- Police were yesterday hunting for an armed and injured robber who made away with more than Bt240,000 from a Krung Thai Bank sub-branch on Tuesday.

As many as 100 police officers have fanned out across the province to check with healthcare providers and managers of cheap rental rooms in a bid to track down the thief, who was shot while making his escape.

“I shot him in his leg and his waist trying to stop him. I think at least two bullets hit him,” Police Corporal Kittipong Sirisamran said yesterday. On Tuesday, the police officer was on his way to an ATM machine outside the bank when he saw the thief charge out of the building. “I thought he was a bag-snatcher and was trying to stop him,” Kittipong added.

Muang Khon Kaen police station superintendent Colonel Chalong Parkpinya said 10 teams of police were now after the bank robber.

“We will bring him to justice,” he said.

According to police, video footage at the bank also showed a suspicious man who had been in the bank for 13 minutes without making any transactions on Tuesday. That man ran out of the bank when the robber burst in.

“We are trying to locate this man too, to check whether he was somehow involved,” said Chalong.

--The Nation 2005-08-04

“I shot him in his leg and his waist trying to stop him. I think at least two bullets hit him,” Police Corporal Kittipong Sirisamran said yesterday. On Tuesday, the police officer was on his way to an ATM machine outside the bank when he saw the thief charge out of the building. “I thought he was a bag-snatcher and was trying to stop him,” Kittipong added.

So this cop see a guy running, thinks he is a bag-snatcher, and just shoot at him ?

Not sure what are the rules in this country for a police officer to use his gun, but I understand better why there are not so many bag snatching here :o

So this cop see a guy running, thinks he is a bag-snatcher, and just shoot at him ?

Not sure what are the rules in this country for a police officer to use his gun, but I understand better why there are not so many bag snatching here :D

In fairness to the boy in brown, he probably thought it was his Tea Money that was being snatched :o

Not sure what are the rules in this country for a police officer to use his gun, but I understand better why there are not so many bag snatching here :o

At least it was only two shots to the leg instead of 5 shots to the head.

:D