Mosquitos On Upper Floors

jmdf103

i am currently researching into buying a condo in chiang mai. I like to sit out in the evenings on the balcony without the bother of mosquitos. So i was just wondering if buying a condo on the upper floors would mean escaping the mosquitos. does anyone living in a chiang mai condo have a view on this?

thanks

flight boundary for that sucker maybe about 20 - 30 feet or 10-15meter meter + or so i guess

but then again . if tehre follow the staircase or up the rubbish bin duct . or people near you have small pot of water which allow that sucker to grow . is hard to said .

there can jolly well be found at 1000 feet high up in the tower .

it definitely helps being higher. I am on the 14th floor and when I visit a friend on the 8th I can really notice more mosquito outside.

It doesn't eliminate them however and it varies by season.

The best sure way is to get a screened balcony and a bug zapper.

Another factor is proximity. That is an art I suppose but there are definitely locations and situations with a lot more and less biting insects.

I live on floor 11 and although, probably, nowhere near the density at the lower levels, they certainly make it up to my level.

No water nearby ( to speak of ). Not only mossies but moths and flying ants and anything else with wings.

A good spray is the only way you're likely to save yourself.

Cheers.

Reporting from the 11th floor here.

I used to be on floor 5 in this bldg and was eaten alive.

Still get a few up here- they seem to migrate up through the shafts that carry the big pipes (sewage, water, etc), The few I see are always in the bathroom, even though no standing water there; they come through a big vent in the ceiling. I use one of those plug in insecticide units that last a month or so. Kills the little buggers dead.

But don't get me started on ants, particularly red ants that bite and leave a nasty wound. Apparently they can climb any mountain, ford any sea.....:lol:

I am on the 17th floor and have relatively few. They will come up in the elevators and I am told they come in dark clothes. To the best of my knowledge they will not come up on the outside that high it is a inside job. So you should have no more problems on your balcony than in the condo.

One other thing that helps control them is if they keep the doors closed in the lobby. Up around the arctic circle they are big enough to open the doors but not here.

give your area good lighting , you do not light up the whole place just light up the corner well . and create some , install ultra sonic device . and also plant some herb outside . this would help at least a little .

and if you want .. add a Fan . this help alot .