Where To Stay - Close To The Night Time Action

CPW

Night time action? Good luck. I just had a friend in town for 8 days and tried to point him in the direction of some night-time action. Most of the girls at the Loi Kroh bars are about 35 years old and not very attractive. Many of the clubs are closed. Walking back from Thapae to the Lai Thai where my friend stayed, you have to walk past no less than 20 fairly aggressive khatoeys standing on the street. But I have to say that some of the girls at the Karaoke Bars looked great! I took my friend to one on Chang Klan and there were some farangs in a tuk tuk out front trying their luck but they were refused. The establishment did not seem farang friendly.

Night time action isn't what it once was here.

Night time action? Good luck. I just had a friend in town for 8 days and tried to point him in the direction of some night-time action. Most of the girls at the Loi Kroh bars are about 35 years old and not very attractive. Many of the clubs are closed. Walking back from Thapae to the Lai Thai where my friend stayed, you have to walk past no less than 20 fairly aggressive khatoeys standing on the street. But I have to say that some of the girls at the Karaoke Bars looked great! I took my friend to one on Chang Klan and there were some farangs in a tuk tuk out front trying their luck but they were refused. The establishment did not seem farang friendly.

Maybe stay at some cheap guest house here and use all the money you save to fly down to NEP, Soi Cowboy, Pat Pong, etc. at night.:rolleyes:

Maybe stay at some cheap guest house here and use all the money you save to fly down to NEP, Soi Cowboy, Pat Pong, etc. at night.:rolleyes:

Go for Angeles City PI.:D

Try http://www.raminglodge.com/ Do not let the looks scare you. During low season rates were down to 800baht per night. It sets on Loi Khro. The Old Bell is next door and Number One Bar is across the street. No charge for extra guest.:whistling:

Yep this one's right smack in the middle of Loi Kroh road and fairly nice. Actually the only reason I didn't stay there more often is _because_ it's right smack in the middle of Loi Kroh...

Most of the girls at the Loi Kroh bars are about 35 years old and not very attractive. Many of the clubs are closed. Walking back from Thapae to the Lai Thai where my friend stayed, you have to walk past no less than 20 fairly aggressive khatoeys standing on the street.

I can't tell if you call that a negative or a mitigating factor?

Most of the girls at the Loi Kroh bars are about 35 years old and not very attractive. Many of the clubs are closed. Walking back from Thapae to the Lai Thai where my friend stayed, you have to walk past no less than 20 fairly aggressive khatoeys standing on the street.

I can't tell if you call that a negative or a mitigating factor?

You mean those nice girls are not nice girls :o

I didn't think they were aggreessive. I thought they could'nt help themselves because I was a "hansum" man, they told me often enuff on my stroll home.B)

They are certainly moving further down Loi Kroh now as the pickings get slim (so to speak)....and starting to arrive earlier in the evening as well. Definately a better bet to walk on the other (north) side of the road while they are plying their skills to some inebriated pensioners.

Back on top there are some nice places down the sois...Vipa house on soi 1 is nice enough and 100 yards from Loi Kroh, nearer to Thapae and Moong Moong...and you can have some sherbets at Number 1 before retiring for the night. Quite a few ok places further along this and adjacent sois/lanes

Try http://www.raminglodge.com/ Do not let the looks scare you. During low season rates were down to 800baht per night. It sets on Loi Khro. The Old Bell is next door and Number One Bar is across the street. No charge for extra guest.:whistling:

Beware of rooms at the back of Raming lodge - they have a car park there and the attendant's whistling will preclude any hope of sleeping late or catching an afternoon nap before going out.

Yeah, Chiang Mai can hardly be called a 'place of action' unless what you describe fits the bill for some.

Most of the karaoke bars around Changklan and Chiang Mai Land, are reserved for those from the land of little weenies and big wallets.

This thread is devolving into that dark zone of topics that we are unfortunately not allowed to discuss.

I think the OP has already gotten a few ideas about where to stay. The consensus seems to be somewhere within walking distance of Loi Kroh Road.

The question has been answered more than adequately, thus the topic is closed.

Thanks to all for their contributions and understanding, and please keep warm tonight- it's chilly!B)