Beer Tasting Event

sticklee

I think it's quite brave of Horeca to try something new like this. We drove past JJ market today and they're advertising Stella, Hoegaarten and the like. Most of us aren't going to drink those kind of beer's in our local pub because they're over £4 a bottle, but to remind us what good beer tastes like before we go back to quaffing our large Leos, 500 baht is a reasonable price to pay. I'm hoping to get up there at some point.

gbp 10.60; reasonable price you say

Funnily enough the Thais don't convert all their prices into gbp

If you look more carefully Oldebellpedr quoted 4 POUNDS per bottle which is why I replied in pounds.

Split personalities. You aren't copying poster Orang are you? You should do "an orang" and get oldebell pedr and millwall fan together to compare notes.

Anyway, welcome back.

Lol!!! Sorry about that caf! I'm not used to the new set up yet!!

What both odebellpedr and millwall_fan were trying to say is that 500 baht for a noggin of 5 expensive beers isn't that bad a deal. For me it will be a change from Leo which is all I can afford at the moment!! OBP and M_F are at one in that view!!! ahem!!

...actually it is a "noggin" of 10 euro brews, so, admission, 10 , 100 ml glasses, (one L) is B500. It is happening tonight also, They also have big glasses available for a bit less than the local bar prices.

Edited by daoyai

Oh; and beer here works out at about 70p a pint if you buy a box of 12 bottles.  Over 3 quid a pint now in most British pubs!

Don't compare wholesale prices here with pub prices in UK.  Hardly a level playing field.  How about comparing the "by the case price here" with the special offers you get in the likes of Tesco in UK.  Last time I was there, a year ago, I was getting very tasty ales by the bottle at 1 quid a pint.  

Yes beer is still one of the bargains in the UK if you drink it at home. Most pubs are over the 3 quid mark saying that I've been enjoying my local Wetherspoons beer festival at the moment in the UK which is selling cask conditioned ales at 1.85 a pint and some very tasy ones to.

One of the few consolations of being in Blighty in Winter, only another 4 weeks though thank god :)

post-13-0-15373000-1289255735_thumb.jpg

All that rubbish about more than £3 quid a pint :rolleyes: ...would turn you to drink..

Our local Islington Hangout does lager at £2 a throw and we even have promos for a nicker a time..... :D

did anybody go to this event? good bad or ugly?

Yes me......

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=167571989934739&set=a.167571839934754.37195.100000458182763

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=243018&id=133157853455

enjoyed both evenings, but think I prefer Leo in this warm climate, plus it it much cheaper :)

Event seemed a little under attended and I think this might be due to most of the advertising being

done through Facebook. I know a lot or Germans here and not one of them had heard about it!

David

first impressions were that 500 baht was over the top for ten samples although there was a fire show and live bands and they were knocking out half-litres of bitburger at 75 baht towards the end. problem was that some of the super-strong beers are too sickly unless very cold and unless you were speed-drinking you couldn´t get through the ten beer sampler without some of the beers getting warm.

all was quality beer however so no hangover. chang may be cheap but i would prefer to suffer less in the morning and pay a bit extra