3Bb Internet Terrible In The Early Am.

Ulysses G.

The last few days 3BB is almost unusable early in the morning - it just crawls - and returns to its normal lousy service about 8 AM. I would think that it would be faster that early because of fewer users. Any ideas why?

Edited by Ulysses G.

3bb indy right?

No one using premier and occuring these problems? (Ordered premier myself)

I had Premier (if that is the one for about 2500/month) and it was slower than Indy. After one month I returned to Indy. Indy is much faster and is only 590. There are several past threads about this.

3bb indy right?

No one using premier and occuring these problems? (Ordered premier myself)

I had Premier (if that is the one for about 2500/month) and it was slower than Indy. After one month I returned to Indy. Indy is much faster and is only 590. There are several past threads about this.

Indy is for domestic use and premier has a lot faster international bandwidth.

My house will get fit with Premier later this week, and I'll be able to report if its any good here.

Expecting the worst. But still I can not understand how you can say Indy is faster than premier? Ive read bunch of threads here, and almost everyone who has had problem has had indy.

I'm not sure we can blame our friendly local ISP's this time. ;) Internet users in SE Asia might have noticed slower than usual performance to European sites over the past week caused by a cable fault along the SMW4 submarine cable (primary internet backbone) which connects South East Asia, India, the Middle East and Europe together. The deadline for repairing the cable was meant to yesterday but they are trying to fix it by tomorrow.

I am using TOT and the service only really degraded today when it became almost unusable but at the moment it is spluttering along.

With Turd Visions so disgusting of late, everybody has taken to downloading their own movies overnight. Consequently when you log on early all the bandwidth is already being gobbled up.

This could very well be it. :wai:

It is only doing this consistently very early in the morning - at least for me - and we do have Premier service by the way.

Hmm.. didn't notice any issues early am - mine is dead slow in the evenings (8MB indy) and until the early mornings. I am online every morning around 6am, seemed to be all fine.

As for premier users does your plan still exist, are sure you still getting premier service? How do you tell? I used to have a 10Mbit Pro package, but then pro was discontinued and I was moved over to Indy, which was *much* worse. Instead of 10Mbit Pro they gave me 12Mbit indy. This happened automatically, it was never mentioned, there were no alerts, etc. The 10Mbit Pro was great, the 12Mbit indy mostly garbage.

N.

Edited by nikster

If the main line were down, surely it'd be bad all the time (unless perhaps they're doing the repairs in the earl AM for us). More likely, ISP is throttling downloads when people sleep so won't notice as much.

I had Premier (if that is the one for about 2500/month) and it was slower than Indy. After one month I returned to Indy. Indy is much faster and is only 590.

Indy may be rated faster, but the contention ratio is very high and consistency is bad. Probably alright for a general user only online in fits n starts, but your connection will be throttled first at the sake of the premiers. ;)

If the main line were down, surely it'd be bad all the time (unless perhaps they're doing the repairs in the earl AM for us). More likely, ISP is throttling downloads when people sleep so won't notice as much.

Would that effect regular usage to the point of being utterly worthless?

Edited by Ulysses G.