Desperate For House

boogiewoogie

Hello, its my 3rd day on phuket and i still didnt find a house for myself.

As i understood all i need to do is to rent a bike and cruise around rawai, chalong, karon area and there gonna be plenty of offers waiting for me.

Im regular guy and all i need is a one bedroom furnished bungalow for up to 15000 bahts. Under survialnce if its possible. Nothing special. But all i see is huge villas or thai style bungalows with nothing inside for 4k bahts.

What i do wrong? What area i need to explore? Street? Beach?

check www.thaivisa.com ..... classified and on the bottom of the site you find a list with all changwat (regions)

or same go to phuketgazette and seek also between clasisfied. There are really many and with your 15 K budget you should find something really nice.

What for you need surveillance ...... this is a false feeling of security, mostly the guard sleep at same time as you. I live since 6 years in Thailand in open villages and never happen any thing. I feel me more safe between Thai then in a Farang Village, there burglar expect make the big fish.

If you have a 4 K house why not buy a nice bed by winner with matress have nice rustical for 7600 Bath or I see to Hotel with studio and pool for 8 K ..... take out sunglasses and you find after vers short time :rolleyes:

http://www.houseinphuket.com/

i dont know where you drive around, there is plenty to rent, try all the small sois as well, the sign for rent is everywhere. did you bring your guide dog :) (that was a joke)

There are lots of houses and apartments for rent in the south of Phuket, for 15,000 baht at present.

But where, who knows?

I don't want to sound like I am promoting my fully furnish house in Patong that I rent for out for 14,000 baht.

But as an example.

Those who have lived in Thailand for years, talk the talk but don't walk the walk.

Unfortunately it is a case of driving/riding around the areas that a peel.

If you go though an estate agent they will ad commission.

I am currently in England.

Edited by Will1

There are lots of houses and apartments for rent in the south of Phuket, for 15,000 baht at present.

But where, who knows?

I don't want to sound like I am promoting my fully furnish house in Patong that I rent for out for 14,000 baht.

But as an example.

Those who have lived in Thailand for years, talk the talk but don't walk the walk.

Unfortunately it is a case of driving/riding around the areas that a peel.

If you go though an estate agent they will ad commission.

I am currently in England.

Wow you rent your house out in Patong for just 14000, I looked at a house yesterday in Patong they wanted 35000 and it was nothing special.

Most rental houses are not on the main roads and you need to go to some of the smaller sois.

There are always places behind Karon Temple. Take the small soi between Karon Whiskey and the Temple and drive around.

There's also usually availability near Kata Temple if you turn right before the Temple entrance after you've turned off Patak Road.

And Gazette and Thai Visa classifieds of course.

Hey , there are at 6 houses i have seen here in kamala for rent yesterday and those were ones on two roads that had signs up. and for those of us that live here we wouldn't be anywhere else on the island!!! :-)

Care to share how much for as I am looking!!

check www.thaivisa.com ..... classified and on the bottom of the site you find a list with all changwat (regions)

or same go to phuketgazette and seek also between clasisfied. There are really many and with your 15 K budget you should find something really nice.

What for you need surveillance ...... this is a false feeling of security, mostly the guard sleep at same time as you. I live since 6 years in Thailand in open villages and never happen any thing. I feel me more safe between Thai then in a Farang Village, there burglar expect make the big fish.

If you have a 4 K house why not buy a nice bed by winner with matress have nice rustical for 7600 Bath or I see to Hotel with studio and pool for 8 K ..... take out sunglasses and you find after vers short time :rolleyes:

nice bed for 7600baht?

WHAT

a "decent" bed starts at 30 000baht and even then, thats pretty close to a slave's bed

3 story, large house with pool.. Amazing views.. 20k.. going empty very soon.. Tho Kathu.

Is the house for rent at 20.000 B soon ?

If so can you give me a contact/pictures of the property.

I'm not in a rush because I have a nice house without pool though for same price - but if better is around why not.

Thanks

Brian