Internet In Nong Bua Lamphu, Nowhere

Gonsalviz

Highly doubtful that you can get a landline. I live in a town and cannot get one. I use C.A.T. C.D.M.A. It works very well. If you live within 3-4 kilometres of a mobile phone tower that is equipped to deliver,internet, and you have a clear line of sight, you will most probably, not need an aerial.However , any further away and you will need one. Cost is B9,000 (including aerial. Monthly fees are around B850, including V.A.T.I am very happy with it.

Highly doubtful that you can get a landline. I live in a town and cannot get one. I use C.A.T. C.D.M.A. It works very well. If you live within 3-4 kilometres of a mobile phone tower that is equipped to deliver,internet, and you have a clear line of sight, you will most probably, not need an aerial.However , any further away and you will need one. Cost is B9,000 (including aerial. Monthly fees are around B850, including V.A.T.I am very happy with it.

Thanks, I have been trending toward them but since I haven't moved in full time....

Any body know about satellite systems?

Thanks, I have been trending toward them but since I haven't moved in full time....

I use to live in Nong Bua town and used CAT cdma which always had a great reception I now live about 10 kilo's away on the mountain and still get a low connection but its always connected and never interupted.

Go to the CAT office on the left just past the Tuesday market, the girl there speaks good English and will tell you if will get a reception.

There are not many farrang in Nong Bua Lumphu so I bet I have seen you around town before.

I can recommend CAT cdma, there is a first payment for the novatel wireless dongle but you get 3 months free. 770 baht a month after but they prefer it to be in a Thai name as I tried with my Passport and no joy.

I use to live in Nong Bua town and used CAT cdma which always had a great reception I now live about 10 kilo's away on the mountain and still get a low connection but its always connected and never interupted.

Go to the CAT office on the left just past the Tuesday market, the girl there speaks good English and will tell you if will get a reception.

There are not many farrang in Nong Bua Lumphu so I bet I have seen you around town before.

I can recommend CAT cdma, there is a first payment for the novatel wireless dongle but you get 3 months free. 770 baht a month after but they prefer it to be in a Thai name as I tried with my Passport and no joy.

I actually live about 25 k, from the Loei border. I have maybe been to Nong Bua proper about 20 times for shopping and I take my truck to the Isuzu dealer for service. O yeah, K bank also.

I sttil think CAT cdma is your only option as they have Isaan pretty much sown up regarding wireless internet. If you live near an airial you are lucky however you can get a booster airial to recieve a signal. As afarang said it is about 850 baht as I forgot about tax, if you live too far away from a phone line then this is your only option however CAT CDMA works very well up here.

Is there not a CAT office in loei?.

satellite is sold by I.P star, Bangkok. It is about B5, 000 to install ,after you have built the concrete base.The monthly charge was B1,600 per month,

I live about 40 kilometers west of NBL.

I have a land line and use TOT for 490 per month. Mostly happy with it but it does go down and get slow when the kiddies in our village are out of school and start their game playing.

I have a land line and use TOT for 490 per month. Mostly happy with it but it does go down and get slow when the kiddies in our village are out of school and start their game playing.

C.D.M.A. is faster than landline, and much more reliable.Even if I could get a landline, I would not be interested in one , now.

C.D.M.A. is faster than landline, and much more reliable.Even if I could get a landline, I would not be interested in one , now.

CDMA is NOT faster than a fixed line, and certainly not more reliable. It has a theoretical maximum of 3.1 Mps, which is never, ever acheived due to massive congestion on the network, whereas with fixed line you consistently get much quicker than this depending on how far you are from an exchange. CDMA is only for if you can not get a fixed line.

A quick fix is DTAC. They have a promotion, 199 for 50 hours per month (plus 50 hours free, meaning you get 100 hours). I am near Loei, been using this for the past 6 months. Good enough for surfing and emails though Youtube is sluggish. I have had no problems. Another offer by DTAC is 49 baht per day usage if you are not in the country all the time. Tried this as well, same speed ad the 199 promotion. Very easy, just call DTAC - I think it's 1678 and they will configure your phone within a few minutes, and bingo...you are ready to go!

A quick fix is DTAC. They have a promotion, 199 for 50 hours per month (plus 50 hours free, meaning you get 100 hours). I am near Loei, been using this for the past 6 months. Good enough for surfing and emails though Youtube is sluggish. I have had no problems. Another offer by DTAC is 49 baht per day usage if you are not in the country all the time. Tried this as well, same speed ad the 199 promotion. Very easy, just call DTAC - I think it's 1678 and they will configure your phone within a few minutes, and bingo...you are ready to go!

it does work, but in our area ,A.Ban Kruat, it is painfully slow. We all started using it ,because it is cheap. It is acceptable, if you are here "short time"Now ,All those of us who are permanents, have all switched to C.D.M.A.And are very happy.

Unfortunately DTAC is not receivable at the house site. My wife had to change to 123 call so there would be service. I already have CDMA for that and it is lousy service for ฿ 500 per month.