Bus Stop Signs

edh

I don't think this will happen. Thais that work in Pattaya and utilize the baht buses will not pay 30 baht for an aircon bus. Yhe only discounts given to Thais are people that are registered in Chonburi, and that's not the majority. Thier planning many routes. Who will ride. Thiers not enough tourists to support the system.

Barry

• 3 weeks later...

And so ,this evening on Pattaya poeple news they had a report on the new bus service aparently launched today...minimum fare 30 baht..too expensive for the average Thai... and what will the songteaw mafia think of it ? last time it ended in murder of one of the bus drivers !!! :o

I'm out in town quite frequently... Have still not located the bus. Only one? Same route? There are bus stop signs even on the end of Sai Sam, going to Jomtien, and still have not spotted the bus (only the one loaded with Chinese tourists).

Is the bus, blue, red, white or is there any other way of identifying this new object of ours??

:o

They  were  operating  the  service  2  nights  ago  i  saw  the  bus  go  down  2nd  Road..............see  how  long  it  lasts!  :o

I've seen thegreen line 2 times so far... once going past Tops on 2nd road and one out in Naklua. Both times completely empty. it was going fast like it wasn't interested in getting any passengers. Is it on a schedule or something? Next time they'll put in streetcars. Or maybe a Skytrain.

I've seen thegreen line 2 times so far... once going past Tops on 2nd road and one out in Naklua. Both times completely empty. it was going fast like it wasn't interested in getting any passengers. Is it on a schedule or something? Next time they'll put in streetcars. Or maybe a Skytrain.

Or maybe a Metro system :o

I don't think ฿30 is too much for most farang, but for the majority of Thais coming in from Surin to work, it's too much. If indeed a line goes out into Naklua, I would use the bus to go to the post office in Banglamung. I get at least a package a week, and it would be a big help.

The least the bus system could do would be to offer a dual-pricing system, like everywhere else tends to do. ฿10 would be a much more reasonable fare for Thais.