Certify As True Copy

Another free help? :o

For Australian Visas, who is authorized to sign ‘certify as true copy’ in Thailand?

I am not referring to the official translations, that has to be taken from the Dept of Foreign Affairs Chianwathana. I noticed that they provide the ‘certify as true copy’ service as well. Each document they charge 200 Bht and I have loads of phtocopied documents with me to get stamped.

thanks

kwiz

PS: Don’t tell me to call the Australian Visa office either. It’s faster to do a round trip to Australia than waiting till the lines get connected or call back.

Having just submitted an application for a tourist visa for my wife last week, I am trying to understand why you need to get a "certified true copy" for your documents. I just read your post and now the panic alarms were ringing so I went back through the application form as well as the information sheet that is provided by the Visa Application service and I can not find anything about the requirement to have the documents verified as true copies.

There is a passage in their information sheet which reads "(please provide originals with a set of clear copies, originals will be returned to you after certification of copies)". This I read to say that the embassy will return the originals once they have checked to see that the copies are the same as the originals.

I hope that I am right as we have now gone over their 3 - 5 working day time period and no passport or visa is forthcoming.

:o

Having just submitted an application for a tourist visa for my wife last week, I am trying to understand why you need to get a "certified true copy" for your documents.  I just read your post and now the panic alarms were ringing so I went back through the application form as well as the information sheet that is provided by the Visa Application service and I can not find anything about the requirement to have the documents verified as true copies.

There is a passage in their information sheet which reads "(please provide originals with a set of clear copies, originals will be returned to you after certification of copies)".  This I read to say that the embassy will return the originals once they have checked to see that the copies are the same as the originals.

I hope that I am right as we have now gone over their 3 - 5 working day time period and no passport or visa is forthcoming.

:o

Sorry. This is for skilled migration visa. Many documents required such as birth certificates, education certificates, work experience letters etc etc..

They have written in the booklet 6 not to provide originals unless the request to do so. Also to get all the photocopies signed as ‘certified true copies’.

You might consider the simplest solution.

Have a "CERTIFIED TRUE COPY" stamp made (about 150 Baht) and stamp them yourself with red ink. If they actually are true copies you are not attempting to fraud anybody, and it could satisfy some beaurocrat that is just following procedure.

You might consider the simplest solution.

Have a "CERTIFIED TRUE COPY" stamp made (about 150 Baht) and stamp them yourself with red ink. If they actually are true copies you are not attempting to fraud anybody, and it could satisfy some beaurocrat that is just following procedure.

Thank you for the suggestion. No problems with the genuineness of documents.

In the website they say, each country has a list of people who is authorized to sign as true copies and to get that info from the Australian embassy in that country.

Unfortunately, I tried to call them many times but could not figure out a way to pass that answering machine or to get connected to the VISA office. Seems like the only option left is to take a day off for this and go all the way to the embassy to get this information.

Not sure who the Embacy will accept as a "proper" person. In Au the copies have to be signed by a Justice of the Peace, Commisioner of Declarations, Judge, authorised government employee, (sometimes they will accept a doctor, phamacist), they have stamps that "this is a true copy of the origional document" they also have a govenment number to check to person who signed.

Also remember you will not get to see anyone at the BKK embasy without an apointment. The visa office is partly outsourced, so you will need to speak to them. The details are on the immi web site, sorry cannot remember the URL.

You can try to email the immi dept in Au explaining that you have not been able to get any get any responce on the phone, or even get through the phone system. Don't hold your breath.

Good luck

Chang