All Black Defeat

Matfield cited for late challenge

South Africa 22-16 New Zealand

South Africa lock Victor Matfield has been cited for a late tackle in Saturday's Tri-Nations match against New Zealand in Cape Town.

Matfield will attend a disciplinary hearing on Sunday for a challenge on All Black scrum-half Byron Kelleher.

The New Zealander was forced to withdraw after the incident in the 10th minute of the match.

South Africa, the defending champions, won 22-16 after leading 16-13 at the half-time interval.

What happened?

I was unable to see the match - which was just as well - I'd have gone schizophrenic with the cricket playing at the same time.

South Africa lock Victor Matfield has been cited for a late tackle in Saturday's Tri-Nations match against New Zealand in Cape Town.

Matfield will attend a disciplinary hearing on Sunday for a challenge on All Black scrum-half Byron Kelleher.

The New Zealander was forced to withdraw after the incident in the 10th minute of the match.

South Africa, the defending champions, won 22-16 after leading 16-13 at the half-time interval.

What happened?

I was unable to see the match - which was just as well - I'd have gone schizophrenic with the cricket playing at the same time.

i don't want to talk about it. :o

What happened?

i don't want to talk about it. :D

It's hard to beat them at home Chucky, for whatever reason ( :o:D:D )

you should know that

What happened?

i don't want to talk about it. :D

It's hard to beat them at home Chucky, for whatever reason ( :o:D:D )

you should know that

Yep, I agree...still hate em though. :D

They are a bit hard to admire as a Rugby team for sure, but they lose all advantages when they play elswhere (  :o  :D  :D ) for whatever reason.

not wanting to sound like a bad sport :D , but it's because they are a bunch of inbred Africana,block headed,Neandertal like deer shaggers. :D Do I sound bitter? :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/pr/fr/-/sport2/hi...nal/4128448.stm

It was a close call, the only thing he did wrong was not use his arms.As I said before, it's a tuff game. I didn't hear the All Black coaches going on about it.They took it on the chin...unlike our British and Irish friends. :o

Edited by chuchok

It was a close call, the only thing he did wrong was not use his arms.As I said before, it's a tuff game. I didn't hear the All Black coaches going on about it.They took it on the chin...unlike our British and Irish friends. :o

I cant understand why the All Blacks didnt have Marshall on the bench. Could have made the differance.

All 3 teams are again fairly even and it looks like whoever can win away from home will win the series.

Yes IMO a delliberate stomping by Umaga on Odriscoll. Should have suspended Umaga at least untill after the 2 games against the Wallabies. :D:D:D

I cant understand why the All Blacks didnt have Marshall on the bench. Could have made the differance.

All 3 teams are again fairly even and it looks like whoever can win away from home will win the series.

Yes IMO a delliberate stomping by Umaga on Odriscoll. Should have suspended Umaga at least untill after the 2 games against the Wallabies. :D:D:D

Cobber, harden up mate!It's not play school. :D

Marshall is not contracted to the NZRFU..he plays in England now.

Gavin Coles is an embarrasment to the Referress Union.

AB's will win the next 3 matches and win the tri-nations.

Wife and I are flying from LOS to Sydney on Wed for the AB vs Auss match, got my fake AB's jersey !!!

They are know called the Adidas AB's and not the NZ AB's. Sold there souls so they did to Mr Corporate Europa.

No the are just "The All Blacks". Before they wore Adidas apparel they wore Canterbury apparel.That was before the professional era of rugby, but nethertheless, still a commerical endorsement deal. Off the top of my head they have also had commercial endorsements with Steinlager, Ford,Powerade etc.. over the years. I still remember playing rugby at school in my old Canterbury jersey, after that jersey had absorbed 80 minutes of mud and rain it was like wearing a 50 pound lead vest around.