Motogp 2011

Miiyai46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XpRH4bhLeFg

Hopefully this clip will work, cos i think Dorna or somebody has taken it off, Randy looks over his left shoulder, sees moaner coming and moves over to his right, same line as moaner wants, i watched the clip many times, i dont see moaners bike snaking under heavy braking, i cant see by the clip if there was a blue flag [if they still use the overtaking flag?] and this is just the warm-up, moaner is hyper and should see a trick cyclist, 5k euros is probaly what he gets for wearing a badge on his leathers for one race.

Simplechelli is really making friends, Redposa is of course the latest, its quite obvious simple is over enthusiastic, Dani leaves with a broken collar bone, and simple with a ride through, is there any justice??

Opps, perhaps im getting like moaner? sorry..

But some great racing in all 3 classes, really enjoyed it, Specially 125s, Maverick was brilliant,

The penalty thing, i suppose that Rossi went past moaner and lost it, he didnt touch him, moaner ran into rossis bike and went down, Simple cut across Danis path and brought him down, but stayed on, if he had of gone down too, it might have been classed as a racing accident, Just my view,

Cheers, Lickey..

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Certainly action packed to say the least.

Congrats to Casey, on fire, ( although not as "on fire" as Lorenzo's bike after the crash in the morning warm up ).

Marco is trying perhaps a little too hard and fast losing friends, the move he made on Dani was outrageous. My sympathy is with Dani.

I am still waiting for his first podium.......come on Marco!

Really enjoyed the battle between Dovi and Vale....great. Really nice to see the Doctor back on the podium. Is it possible that Dani will be back out on the bike on June 5th????

Congrats to Marc Marquez, first win in Moto2. Good race wasn't it?

Well done to Maverick ( Top Gun ), 16 years old and sponsored by Paris Hilton....where did I go wrong?

Certainly action packed to say the least.

Congrats to Casey, on fire, ( although not as "on fire" as Lorenzo's bike after the crash in the morning warm up ).

Marco is trying perhaps a little too hard and fast losing friends, the move he made on Dani was outrageous. My sympathy is with Dani.

I am still waiting for his first podium.......come on Marco!

Really enjoyed the battle between Dovi and Vale....great. Really nice to see the Doctor back on the podium. Is it possible that Dani will be back out on the bike on June 5th????

Congrats to Marc Marquez, first win in Moto2. Good race wasn't it?

Well done to Maverick ( Top Gun ), 16 years old and sponsored by Paris Hilton....where did I go wrong?

I must admit that I really enjoyed seeing Rossi in the podium, he was extremely happy to achieve this podium with Ducati after a very tough start of the season but it was clear that the Honda's are way stronger this year....Dovizioso kept opening the gap in every straight with Rossi closing the gap in the breaking. In the last two races Dovi has beaten Rossi in a close fight, well done for Dovi as Rossi is not an easy prey.

Based on today's news in all Spanish newspapers, Pedrosa is going to race at Montmelo GP, I wonder how on earth can he do that with a broken collar bone.....Are this guys human??? they race with broken bones as it was normal!!!

Congratulations to Stoner, Marquez and Vinales.

Cheers

Agree on what u r saying about Stoner but he is very nervous this year.

Yesterday he was complaining about Aoyama during qualifying, this morning he punched De Puniet during warm up session, he has been fined with 5,000 euros!!

http://www.motogp.co...ng+Le+Mans+WU+1

Stoner, pls enjoy racing but take it easy mate!

Hi Miiyai

I think Stacey finally let his riding do the talking, good to see Valentino put a move on Lorenzo what

Yes, this is what he should keep doing for the rest of the season, concentrate on racing and forget all the talking. On Sunday he was unstoppable!

As I said, I enjoyed seeing Rossi on the podium and beating the current WC. However, Lorenzo's bike was clearly off the pace on Sunday. Any news regarding to Spies...what is going with him this season?

Cheers

Randy saw him coming when he looked over his left shoulder and made a natural decision to keep to the right. If he had gone left something would indicate that he was trying to block Stoner. When in fact he attempted to get out of the way.

If Stoner wants people to get out of the way he should put indicators on his bike! He was behind and Randy had a quick glimpse of where he was.

Its a bit difficult to see what is approaching but it looks like a left hander, so with that in light the faster rider would want to keep the faster line but it was way back on the straight that Randy made his move.

Randy actually apologised to him later.

It should have been the other way round. Randy's bike was close to the edge of the track as it was, with Stoner shoving him it went very close to the grass.

I respect Casey Stoner as a missile of a rider, but fast losing respect for him in other area's. You're right Miiyai, he should keep his mouth shut and just get on with it.

just a general comment on marketing, and the power of Rossi

out cycling this morning in my 'safety shirt' - bright yellow with 46 on the front . . . two calls of 'Rossi' from passing vehicles, and the local policeman acknowledged me and said 'number one' (and I don't think he was talking about me!)

I haven't seen any Rossi/Ducati merchandise yet; but by way of comparison I don't believe there is not another rider that would get the same recognition right now; a Lorenzo 99 or Stoner 27 shirt - I doubt anyone would recognise the significance. I've seen lifesize (actually bigger than lifesize) cutouts of Lorenzo in Yamaha shops, but it's a long way till he will get anything like the recognition of Rossi.

just a general comment on marketing, and the power of Rossi

out cycling this morning in my 'safety shirt' - bright yellow with 46 on the front . . . two calls of 'Rossi' from passing vehicles, and the local policeman acknowledged me and said 'number one' (and I don't think he was talking about me!)

I haven't seen any Rossi/Ducati merchandise yet; but by way of comparison I don't believe there is not another rider that would get the same recognition right now; a Lorenzo 99 or Stoner 27 shirt - I doubt anyone would recognise the significance. I've seen lifesize (actually bigger than lifesize) cutouts of Lorenzo in Yamaha shops, but it's a long way till he will get anything like the recognition of Rossi.

You are right. Just look at the Yamaha racing team, they have the current WC but they have not been able to find a main sponsor for this year.

Rossi's recognition is massive all over the world and for sure once he will retire MotoGP will lose many of the new fans and sponsors that have joined with Rossi, his Rossi’s charisma and marketing appeal changed the game in bike racing. I remember when he joined for Honda and once they saw his marketing ability they were saying about him that....“Win on Sunday, sell on Monday.”!!!

Cheers

The last iconic rider of the recent times was Mick Doohan. While he was out of sight on the track he certainly lacked charisma off it.

Plus, Rossi is the greatest rider of all time ( in many peoples eyes ).

Opps sorry Soihok, missed your birthday post, hope you had a good-un and hope you still got the Great British Trumpet,,

You know Jesus was a rocker dont you? you could hear the roar of his Triumph all over the land,,,

Best Wishes Mr 46, Cheers, Lickey..

Seems like Stoner could be up for the BMW "M" Award this year, anybody know what the M stands for?

here is the 2011 standing for BMW M award.

http://www.motogp.com/en/Results+Statistics/2011/BMW+M+Award

BMW cars badged with the M do have more aggressive looks, higher performances, better handling than their regular BMW and of course they are also more expensive. It is just like the Mercedes AMG series.

Cheers

Edited by Miiyai46

Hi Soihok & Co

Missed your 46, when I was 46 Valentino was half way through winning his 4th senior title I think it was. Now this year I'll be 52 and crying in my beer for James Tosser Toseland.

Getting back to Genghis's post about charisma etc, its hard to come up with an Aussie rider that fits that bill, I dont think we breed em that way. Mick Doohan no, Wayne Gardener a bit more but no, Kevin Magoo was good but cut short, Daryl Beattie had charisma but lacked toes, Troy Bayliss came from Taree nuff said, plus he lacked finger, Anthony West gets followed around in the pits by his father punching people out, Casey probably would have been a jockey if he wasn't well off or played polo if motocross hadn't been invented for country boys to play, Anthony Gobert got stoned and missed it, Troy Corser the original moaner, Wayne Maxwell gives Hector Faubel a push'n'shove in last years Moto2 at Phillip Island I don't think he'll get any votes, Matt Mladin no etc. Joshimura Brookes has charisma but I can only hope he's good enough to withstand the often long and somewhat lonely road that Aussies have to tread. By the time he gets there he'll probably be as hard bitten as Mick Doohan. Please excuse Brits but the sapling doesn't fall too far from the tree, although I like Bradley as a character, most of yours are pretty taciturn too.

So what does MotoGp rely on, hoping that Rossi will stay around for a few more years while a new popular hero emerges. He can still command the audience this year but how soon will they forget. From what I've seen the Spaniards dont really cut that image, El Cid they are not. I dont see many Italians emerging yet, perhaps there is one there (Crazy Joe) lurking, lets hope. Also we must hope and pray for a Barry Sheene, perhaps Stefan Bradl who I haven't seen that much of has some chance, although Germans are often seen as automatons, just thought maybe.

You see too much time in between races on my hands roll on WSBK this Monday am,Miller Park Utah?

Chris Vermullen didnt come into your reckoning/ hes not that bad is he, i mean, A protege of our very popular Barry Sheene, he must have learnt some media tricks from Barry?

Ive had a chat on 2 occasins with Barry, and he is Mr Likeable, he was a great bloke, spoke with Carl Fogarty to, talk about a hard bastard, just couldnt get my head round the fella, running down everybody in racing, he just didnt seem to enjoy competing, he had to win, if not, everybody else was against him,

Russell Benney Phase 1 endurance is also a great bloke. ive chatted with lots of UK top riders from the 70s 80s,90s, in my job as pit lane marshall, I will always remember Joey Dunlop at the Ally Pally bike show, got 2 cups of tea and 40 mins chat with Joey because he noticed i smoked Old Holborn, and he left his pouch in trhe hotel, but a lovely man..

Bring on the WSBK in 4 days time, im missing it too,

Nice one Lickey.

The WSBK race will be at some silly time on Monday morning won't it?

Hopefully will get a replay on Monday night as I really need a lot of beauty sleep, being so ugly and all.

Then again, its the Monaco GP on Sunday night, so I,m sure get a couple of hours of sleep if I watch that anyway :lol:

fancy a Rossi bicycle? had a look at the Valentino Rossi website - silly me I thought he'd have changed to red, but no his merchandise is 'his' not Ducati's and remains in yellow. My faded yellow 46 shirt may be fashionable for one more M GP outing!

VR20_giallo_2.png

an earlier comment re Carl Fogarty - never met him, only from what i saw on tv and read, but he never seemed approachable/friendly, or even happy. I can't inmagine rushing out to buy CF merchandise back in the day he was #1.

Rambling here . . . and not M GP - but has anyone been to Isle of Man TT, kicks off next week. The North West 200 had a terrible run of 'luck' last weekend with only one race held, the 600s, then a security/bomb scare, dreadful weather, and a major oil spill killed off the day altogether. Very disappointing for riders using it as a final warm up before IOM.

Hi Lickey yeah forgot about Chris and also Andrew Pitt and Mr Squiggle Gary Mccoy all nice blokes, when Pitt and Mccoy were riding the Kawasaki they were complete gentlemen at Phillip Island when I toured the pits. Poor old Chris isn't having a good couple of years, he's not starting this weekend either. My flag marshalling activities were confined to Lakeside in Brisbane where many Australian riders competed. Mick Doohan said if you could ride well at Lakeside you were fast anyhwere but I particularly remember his brother Scott who I chatted to at the bbq after the races when they presented the trophies etc. Scott had a big crash I think at Laguna Seca finished his career.

Good to see the Aussies doing well in Germany and I must have missed Karl Muggeridge winning their championship last year, I always mixed him up with Kirk Mccarthy who lost his life (the first one, what a distinction) at Queensland raceway the paperclip racetrack our Government gave us in the boondocks to replace Lakeside when they wanted to swap it with a golf course in a huge subdevelopment deal. they were screwed when the MG club and others managed to get Lakeside declared a heritage site and it is a racetrack again now but with severe limitations. In any case lakeside had many fatalities over the years and I really hope this years IOM is a safe one

cheers

Edited by Bluetongue

Just watched the WSBK races from YouTar, Carlos Checa uncatchable with a double win.

Never seen the circuit before, it really looked cold, snowy mountains in the not so distant background.

First race saw 3 Ducati riders on the podium. Not bad for a factory "not supposed" to be in the series.

I like the way Carlos fell off into the mud on the slow down lap, he was quoted as saying " It was the happiest crash of my career ".

Nice one.

Rea and Biaggi went mud wrestling too.

Catalunya GP.

It is confirmed that Pedrosa will not be racing this weekend. Simoncelli will be constantly "protected" by two security guards....it seems a bit too much!

MOTOGP: 1. Stoner, 2. Simoncelli, 3. Rossi. Pole: Stoner

Moto2: 1. Iannone, 2. Márquez, 3. Bradl. Pole: Márquez

125cc: 1. Terol, 2. Vázquez, 3. Faubel. Pole: Terol

Changeable weather with some rain expected during the whole weekend.

Cheers

Watched the qualifying on tv last night.

Marco grabbing his first pole start in his MotoGp career......go for it Marco.

Casey is equally as fast and will be the man to watch for in the race. If Marco can make his laps consistant ( and safe ), he could win this one. I think Casy will do it though. I would like to see Marco win, if not a win at least a podium place. As its Lorenzo's home country, he will be desperate to take this one, especially with no Dani racing.

A good show from Cal C, to say he has never been to the track before and to qualify on the second row is quite some achievement isn't it? Hewill a man to watch next year, he is trying to get the balance of the M1 as well as learning all these new tracks. I do wish him well and would like to see him on the podium soon.

Rossi seems to be slowly improving on his Ducati and is ahead of the other Duc riders ( what's going on with Hayden ?). Ben Spies turned in a good charge towards the end and Jorge is Mr consistant again.

The guys reporting mentioned that Marco has received death threats before the race weekend and has hired a couple of body guards to be with him in Spain.

This is really sad I think, it has no place in Motorcycle racing what so ever. Ok so Dani is out of the race but I,m sure he will be very dissappointed to hear about the death threats.

Perhaps the guy that made the threats is non other than Dani's manager .....Alberto Puig :lol:

Moto2

Stefan Bradl is the main man in Moto2 now ain't he?

Five pole starts from five races.

Crazy Joe is starting from 22nd on the grid due to a crash in practice and apparently having no spare bike. Marc Marquez will be out to impress and the likes of Luthi and Takahashi will be at the front. Alex Espargaro makes a suprising front row start, he will be eager to get a result in his home country also.

One thing is for certain, there will be fireworks.....can't wait!!!