The Earth Didn'T Move. (My First Massage).

johntou

I think Thai massage is more about general health then the western styles, you will get out of a Thai Massage what you put into it, if you are willing to deal with a little pain when it comes to stretching you will feel great a couple of days later. There is a difference between a hard and a rough massage, a rough massage will do nothing but cause pain and even injury, a good hard massage will get you cracking again.

As for price there are a couple of places we go to over in Thonburi near the Robinson, they are about 120bht/ hour, very very good.

I remember on my first trip here many years ago, I was on Koh Phi Phi. I was sick for one reason or another and stopped in the local clinic for help. Loved the clinic. Sand out front, palm trees all over...fantastic.

While I was waiting for the doc to arrive, I heard crying, screaming, "just kill me now" screams. I was in the bed next to a farang and separated only by a hanging sheet. This went on for 3-4 minutes. This guy was crying like a baby. Come to find out, he had a Thai massage and they had dislocated something and the doc was trying to fix it. Wifey also tells stories of people who have been hurt by lousy massage therapists...especially when they try and crack your neck. Never let that happen...

25 years ago I wandered into Wat Po at the ripe old age of 32 with assorted pains & energy blockages all over. I felt far far older than I do now. A one hour massage from a well trained & strong man removed all the energy blockages, most of the aches & pains, and made me feel like I was 19 again. the energy returned, I started sleeping better. the power came back. Didn't tell him a thing about what hurt or anything else. Pure genius. excellent training for all who work there. Yes some are better than others. Been going back every return to The Kingdom. I belive 850 baht for a 2 hour session at the Wat Po school of massage Near thr temple. I do donate heavy in eternal thanks for my rescued health. The blind massage people are generally very good. Had a couple excellent massuses at a Temple inside the TaePae gate in Chiang Mai last year.130baht As for the earth moving???????? as long as I keep moving well, alls well. The prettyest girls are seldom the best at massage for health. & the priciest are not always any better than the 150 baht places.

Best reply so far.

20 years ago walked into a massage shop in Kanchanaburi, walked out 2 hours later, did nothing to me, in fact I felt broken....

Nowadays when I have some pain or some blockage somewhere my wife jumps on me and 30 minutes later I feel relieved.

She just knows what/where to massage.

We took some days of on Koh Chang, she went every day at some massage shop and was enchanted, I gave it a try, zero effect.

I will stick to her massages when needed only :huh: