Premium Sms

Totster

I'm looking for providers of premium SMS services in Thailand.

I've found a couple, but I'm sure there are more, just can't seem to get the information I need.

I also be interested to hear from anyone who has had dealings with any of the mobile phone service providers, and any useful contacts. ( specifically the SMS side of things)

Thanks

Totster :o

No one....?

No, not quite, I just didn't read your msg until now.

I use Simplewire, a US based company. They have a very clear and simple API which allows you to send/recieve SMS, not just in Thailand but anywhere in the world. Half a dozen lines of VBscript or php or whatever and you're done.

A similar company from Australia, RedCoal, offers a similar service. Their API wasn't quite as well suited to OUR needs, so we didn't go with them, but otherwise their service is at least as good, as far as i can tell, and roughly the same price.

http://www.simplewire.com/

http://www.redcoal.com/

Thanks Clokwise...

The link for redcoal may be useful.. :o

To clarify what I am after - a provider of premium SMS to Thailand networks, this is where the charge is paid by the end user at a premium rate, normally for a service.

totster :D

Hi, sorry but U just noticed your posting :o My business is writing applications for premium sms and operating the same. I do this in several countries, notably the UK, Ireland, US and Australia.

As to premium SMS in Thailand, this certainly exists and is well-used. I looked into launching some services into Thailand a year or so back, but decided that it was not a good business idea.

Why?

1 - The 'gateway' providers who provide interconnection into the Thai mobile networks charge high set-up fees and high ongoing monthly fees, when compared to European gateway operators.

2 - The revenue share available was a much lower % than what is offered by UK mobile networks

3 - The actual revenue obtained is very low, because a ringtone will typically retail at say 15 baht, of which you only get a couple of baht. (Compare that with a 3 pound ringtone in the UK where you will get paid about 1.80 after royalties etc)

4 - There are many local Thai companies offering premium sms content and I do not like to compete with any Thai business (I like my kneecaps....)

But PM me if you need more info.. :D

Simon

Thanks for your reply simon, it was you I was trying to smoke out (part of the reason for posting)... I remember someone on here was in the business just couldn't remember the name.. :o

Appologies because I saw the post yesterday but I forgot to reply. I will be sending you a PM

Cheers :D

Totster :D