Where Do I Find Some Reliable Electricians, Plumbers, Handyman Etc

Dutchman6

I DIY as much as possible of course but sometimes I need the help of someone else and I'm really really fed up with those condo technicians overcharging you for their time and parts they bring along. I'm paying 4x what I should around here and the management thinks it's normal. So if I need a design to get welded from iron I go to an iron shop, there's a stainless steel shop as well, there are alloyd shops for frames and mozzies and often glass, there's even a wood shop that does crazy stuff for you when needed but where's the place I get an honest plumber or electrician at a fair price?! Someone that has a rate per hour like anybody else in this world and not the mmm he really needs me let's charge him 400thb for 10mins because he has no choice.

Edited by Dutchman6

Tell me one place in the world where a handyman of any sort doesn't charge you a minimum if he has to come to your place?

Gasoline is not free, vehicle wear and tear is not free. His time is not free.

400 Baht to come to your place sounds quite fair for an average distance the handyman needs to travel.

If you don't need him to come to your place, then the fee is probably much less.

If you want cheap/free handyman service, try to befriend someone you know is good at <needed service> and then ask them to visit you. Hand them tools as they walk into your place. Explain what needs to be done. :blink:

Well I agree it isn't much for my home country but the regular fee for driving up to your home and back is 50thb and most thais work for 300thb a day so I'd say it's fairly overpriced. I just can't find any shops sending out plumbers or electricians so if anyone does let me know.