Evaluate My Photo

quiksilva

Do you have the uncropped version? Elements of the balloon can help add scale to the photo, but the one in the upper right hand corner on it's own is distracting. If more of the basket is visible it may help out.

Apart from the crop as mentioned before i would have used contrast and saturation to make the image 'pop' a bit more. a bit more punch and sacrafice detail as its a bit noisey thats not an issue.

No problem LJW, we all like what we like :) The intention when taking the pic wasn't to actually convey that I was in a hot air balloon, I just tried to capture the almost fire-like sunset that appeared over the mountains.

I thought including the rope might hint at where I was, but i see how it can be distracting too (good feedback). Also capturing the balloon and the landscape in the shot, whilst I was in it would have been very difficult because the basket hangs quite far below the balloon.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi quiksilva.

Sorry, but I think the uncropped version is awful, what with that distracting rope and all that blackness at the bottom. I can see why you cropped a lot of it out. However, there is nothing in the cropped version that excites me. Personally I wouldn't clone the rope (you never know, when you're really old the rope might jog your memory as to where you were :) , the pics not really worth the effort. Having said that, I would keep the pic as a memento.

No offence intended.

• 5 weeks later...