Autodesk Mechanical Or Inventor 2011

Springman

I am in Pattaya for a few months and would like some training on AutoCad Inventor 2011. I have Inventor Professional 2011 installed on my computer as well as AutoCad Mechanical 2011. Any help or sugestions would be very much appreciated. I am willing to travel and to pay.

I'm currently in the UK but have used Inventor for 5 years or more now and similar software for over a decade.

You do not need to go on a course in my opinion but do need to open the application and then look along the Header bar for "Help" tab.

If you click on this you will see there are tutorials loaded from basic to advanced. Use them and then develope your own methods if you feel they are of more use.

Depending on your usage you may want to invest in a 3D mouse (Google : 3Dconnexion)as this speeds up your productivity. Also, I prefer to use two monitors/screens - one for the 3D software and another for any reference material I'm using.

Hope this helps.

I'm currently in the UK but have used Inventor for 5 years or more now and similar software for over a decade.

You do not need to go on a course in my opinion but do need to open the application and then look along the Header bar for "Help" tab.

If you click on this you will see there are tutorials loaded from basic to advanced. Use them and then develope your own methods if you feel they are of more use.

Depending on your usage you may want to invest in a 3D mouse (Google : 3Dconnexion)as this speeds up your productivity. Also, I prefer to use two monitors/screens - one for the 3D software and another for any reference material I'm using.

Hope this helps.

Thanks Moobie its good to talk to some actually useing it. I am going on a course just arranged it. My useage is specific to leaf spring design do i have to list the bits and piece ie clips, Centre Bolt, Bushings by part number seperatly then call them from the data base.Just trying to get my head around it. It is awsome.

Hello Springman,

It is good practice to create individual parts under a unique part number. Especially, if you ever go onto using "Vault" but that is another subject altogether.

Most companies I work for will create an individual folder for an individual part/Drawing/data titled with part number and description. ie, AA0001 SPRING BUSH. The part within will just be called AA0001.

For an Fabrication consisting of many plates, etc. which will be welded to form "one part" then the common practice is to once again create an individual folder named as above and then place the Assembly model (ie. AA0002) within alongside the component parts/plates which are usually numbered AA0002-001, AA00002-002, etc.

For an Assembly of parts it is once again the same as creating a folder for an individual part. This should only hold the assembly model/drawing (parts used will have there own individual folder).

Be aware that there are many fasteners, etc. already loaded in the contents centre so you do not have to create them afresh. There are ways and means to add your own part numbers against those you use. The database is Excel from what I remember - so you may need Microsoft Office if not installed. Alternately, cheat by opening the fastener you have used and use the "save as" function to create it as a new part. Do not put fasteners, etc. into individual folders but into one named "Fasteners" or such like.

Hope this helps.

Hello Springman,

It is good practice to create individual parts under a unique part number. Especially, if you ever go onto using "Vault" but that is another subject altogether.

Most companies I work for will create an individual folder for an individual part/Drawing/data titled with part number and description. ie, AA0001 SPRING BUSH. The part within will just be called AA0001.

For an Fabrication consisting of many plates, etc. which will be welded to form "one part" then the common practice is to once again create an individual folder named as above and then place the Assembly model (ie. AA0002) within alongside the component parts/plates which are usually numbered AA0002-001, AA00002-002, etc.

For an Assembly of parts it is once again the same as creating a folder for an individual part. This should only hold the assembly model/drawing (parts used will have there own individual folder).

Be aware that there are many fasteners, etc. already loaded in the contents centre so you do not have to create them afresh. There are ways and means to add your own part numbers against those you use. The database is Excel from what I remember - so you may need Microsoft Office if not installed. Alternately, cheat by opening the fastener you have used and use the "save as" function to create it as a new part. Do not put fasteners, etc. into individual folders but into one named "Fasteners" or such like.

Hope this helps.

Thanks my friend that is a realy big help i am looking foreward to the training and useing it