Health Club (Fitness Centre)

vspin134

moved here recently...looking for fitness centre in a 4-5 star hotel...i know there is Calwow in Central airport but rather go elsewhere for easier parking. Price is not an issue since it is reasonably cheap here in Chiangmai anyway.

Dongtawan. On Loi Kroh next to the night bazaar isn't bad. It has a decent pool also.

But as Heybruce said you might want to broaden your search. B)

I agree with the Dongtawan Hotel. The Fitness center is located on the 4th floor. Well equipped with both free-weights and machines, although the free-weight selection is a bit limited compared to clubs I've used in the U.S.. They have a pool outside on the roof, but it's not really a lap pool. Membership fee is $1000 baht a month. The staff is friendly and helpful, and the facilities are well maintained. Located at the end of Loi Kroh on the right side of the road just before you get to the Night Market. They have a parking garage and the fitness center will validate your parking -- i.e., free parking.

Edited by connda

Dongtawan. On Loi Kroh next to the night bazaar isn't bad. It has a decent pool also.

I agree with the Dongtawan Hotel. The Fitness center is located on the 4th floor. Well equipped with both free-weights and machines, although the free-weight selection is a bit limited compared to clubs I've used in the U.S.. They have a pool outside on the roof, but it's not really a lap pool. Membership fee is $1000 baht a month. The staff is friendly and helpful, and the facilities are well maintained. Located at the end of Loi Kroh on the right side of the road just before you get to the Night Market. They have a parking garage and the fitness center will validate your parking -- i.e., free parking.

The Duangtawan is good value for money but i would have to disagree on the above ;).

The Duangtawan is good value for money but i would have to disagree on the above ;).

Well you are kinda rite. If you are good looking the staff is a lot more helpful. Mostly they just socialize with them selves.:D

Hi,

I am aware you're interested in a fitness club in a hotel, but for what it's worth I would suggest you check out the facilities at the 700 year old sports complex located just north of city in case you haven't already done this.

The sports complex has two weight rooms, two pools (one for diving, one for swimming), tennis courts, a track (for jogging, walking), plenty of parking, and its a nice place to just get away and take a walk as it is a large complex with many trees, park areas and a small lake. You can ride your bike or walk around the complex (no dogs, traffic, etc) and there is a chip and putt area on the complex as well.

I've been a member there now going on two years.

My only complaint is that the free weight room needs some attention. However, if you know what you doing when you go to the gym you can work around this short coming.

Of the three fitness clubs I've joined or have frequented here in CM this one has always met my needs and I think it's a great value.

Best wishes

Edited by chiangmaiman99

Well you are kinda rite. If you are good looking the staff is a lot more helpful. Mostly they just socialize with them selves.:D

But i am good looking JJ :lol: .

Chk out Fitness Thailand (FT) on top of Icon Computer Cntr parking garage, lots of parking, big gym w/lot of amenities (steam, sauna, fee internet, newspapers). Not 5 star but clean and good for workout, long hrs, lots of classes (spin, yoga ..). I paid 5000/yr. Maybe not the best place to meet a wife but for a good workout, friendly chat w/other expats and easy location (just outside moat) it's my choice.