American Football

ChuckZ

Crap, I just assumed this game would be televised here.

Were the previous Saturday games (Dec. 15 CIN v SF and Dec. 22, DAL v CAR) televised here?

No and I don't think anyone can really expect this game to be televised either. It would be nice, but True does great giving us 4 live games a week as it is.

OMR, I totally agree with you that TrueVisions has paid attention to the NFL fans who've made requests. Their recovery from ESPN-Asia's DROP of the NFL is very much appreciated by this fan! They went out and found 'GOALTV', and that is the network that brings us the Sunday night and Monday night games from NBC and ESPN.

The problem with the Thursday and Saturday night games is that they're broadcast on 'NFL Network'; which isn't even available to some of the cable companies in the USA! So they're not carried by any international network that I know of. It really sucks. But, as with everything else in this world, money talks. The money-grubbing NFL is squeezing the cable companies for big bucks to carry their network, and some of those money-grubbers aren't budging. Thus, there will be many NFL fans in the good old USA who will be in the same boat with us here in Thailand, and will not have access to this historic game. dam_n shame.

I'll be going the internet route for this one. Hopefully, my connection will hold up.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PATRIOTS @ GIANTS WILL BE ON TRUEVISIONS!!

A couple of notes down from the post by OMR, I found this wonderful news in my inbox:

Dear Khun. George:

We are now delighted to inform you that finally we can secure the right of the final week NFL game as you requested below,

NFL Week # 17 (TS 4)

(Final week of Regular season)

Sun 30 New England at NY Giants (L) 08.00

Mon31 San Francisco at Cleveland (L)01.00

Mon 31 Dallas at Washington (L) 04.15

Mon 31 Tennessee at Indianapolis (L) 08.15

Hopefully, this would be good news for you.

Thank you for your continued sport.

Best regards,

Service: Correspondence

Non-Voice & Special Projects (Back Line Service)

Tel+66(0) 2725-2525

Fax+66(0) 2725-2500

Email:[email protected]

So, NOW what do you think of TrueVisions, NFL fans?!!!

PLEASE, take a moment to tell them that you got this news from me, and THANK THEM for their efforts. We have their attention, and we really should show our gratitude, don't you think?

PATRIOTS @ GIANTS WILL BE ON TRUEVISIONS!!

A couple of notes down from the post by OMR, I found this wonderful news in my inbox:

Dear Khun. George:

We are now delighted to inform you that finally we can secure the right of the final week NFL game as you requested below,

NFL Week # 17 (TS 4)

(Final week of Regular season)

Sun 30 New England at NY Giants (L) 08.00

Mon31 San Francisco at Cleveland (L)01.00

Mon 31 Dallas at Washington (L) 04.15

Mon 31 Tennessee at Indianapolis (L) 08.15

Hopefully, this would be good news for you.

Thank you for your continued sport.

Best regards,

Service: Correspondence

Non-Voice & Special Projects (Back Line Service)

Tel+66(0) 2725-2525

Fax+66(0) 2725-2500

Email:[email protected]

So, NOW what do you think of TrueVisions, NFL fans?!!!

PLEASE, take a moment to tell them that you got this news from me, and THANK THEM for their efforts. We have their attention, and we really should show our gratitude, don't you think?

Well, I'm impressed with your results! Congratulations! I'm in shock...Football on Sunday morning? Just like being back home! :o

Edited by mauiguy90

Well, I'm impressed with your results! Congratulations! I'm in shock...Football on Sunday morning? Just like being back home! :o

I hope you'll follow up with a "Thank you" to them, MG. As I said, I believe that reinforcement of such good service can help us in the future.

Great news on the Pats game, pesumably this was added as there is no Monday Night game.

Same request to you, LT. Please send them a "Thank you" note. I want to ensure that they know that NFL fans appreciate their service; and will be here to support them with our business!

Is the Patriots - Giants game considered important by the NFL? Check this out. Here's an article from CBS Sportsline with a major announcement from the NFL:

The New England Patriots' shot at history Saturday night will be available for every household in the country with a television after months of wrangling.

The game against the New York Giants, in which the Patriots could become the first NFL team to go 16-0 in the regular season, was originally scheduled to be shown only on the NFL Network, which is available in fewer than 40 percent of the nation's homes with TVs.

But the league announced Wednesday that the NFL Network feed will be simulcast on NBC and CBS. It's a major concession by league officials, who repeatedly said they would not show the game anywhere but the NFL Network. The NFL had faced mounting pressure from politicians in recent weeks to make the game available to more viewers.

This will be the first three-network simulcast in NFL history and the first simulcast of any kind of an NFL game since the first Super Bowl in 1967, when CBS and NBC both televised the first meeting of the champions of the newly merged National Football League and American Football League.

"We have taken this extraordinary step because it is in the best interest of our fans," commissioner Roger Goodell said. "What we have seen for the past year is a very strong consumer demand for NFL Network.

We appreciate CBS and NBC delivering the NFL Network telecast on Saturday night to the broad audience that deserves to see this potentially historic game. Our commitment to the NFL Network is stronger than ever."

Seems like the NFL blinked when faces with the awesome magnitude of this game and the chances for all the records that could fall.

The NFL had faced mounting pressure from politicians in recent weeks to make the game available to more viewers.

Specifically, "Last week, Time Warner rejected Goodell's offer to allow the cable company to carry the Patriots-Giants game if it agreed to submit its dispute with the NFL to binding arbitration. The NFL has been seeking to have its channel carried on basic or digital basic cable; the companies want to put it on a sports tier with an additional charge to interested viewers. Goodell's offer to Time Warner came after Sens. Patrick J. Leahy (D-Vt.) and Arlen Specter (R-Pa.) had written a letter to Goodell threatening to reexamine the NFL's exemption from federal antitrust laws if it didn't make the games on the NFL Network available to more viewers."

Washington Post story link

It seems like True added this game before the NFL freed it up in the U.S. so I think the NFL was allowing it to be broadcast in some or all international markets. In any even, it's great that True added it to round out their weekly offer of four NFL games for the final weekend.

Now e just need to get the NFL channel added to the Silver True package. :o

Now e just need to get the NFL channel added to the Silver True package. :o

Funny you should mention that, LT. I had planned to suggest exactly that to TrueVisions once the excitement of this game dies down.

Seriously, the NFL Network could fit very nicely into one of their many sports channels; or even as an addition in one of the channels they have set aside for "future". My arguement will be based upon the fact that there is very minimal coverage of the "off the field" NFL news here in Thailand. We can literally get soccer games and news 24/7. But rarely is there anything other than game broadcasts available to NFL fans who are trying to keep track of the player movement, injuries, and other news that takes place almost year round. The so-called "international" sports programming on ESPN-Asia barely even reports the scores!

I have no idea how difficult, or expensive, it would be for them to get access to it. But, for an NFL fan with my level of addiction, it's at least worth presenting to TrueVisions as a suggestion/request. Can't hurt. :D

Congratulations Patsfangr! Well done. You now know the Giants. A lot of talent, but they always find a way to lose in the big games. The Cowboys have beaten them twice this year and after each game I was thankful that the Giants didn't have a different head coach.

Now on to the playoffs where it really matters.

Congratulations Patsfangr! Well done. You now know the Giants. A lot of talent, but they always find a way to lose in the big games. The Cowboys have beaten them twice this year and after each game I was thankful that the Giants didn't have a different head coach.

That last line says it all, OMR. The 16-0 is a line in the record book. But, without the Lombardi Trophy, it is no more than that. The NFL is all about winning the Super Bowl. The Patriots and their Head Coach know that. That's been the mantra since Belichick took over. Play one game at a time, with no game more important than the last one, or those that come later. The NEXT game is the only one that matters.

Today, however, as a fan, I felt cheated. I was upset with the Patriots defense, which denied me the opportunity for the 3-hour celebration of a great regular season that I had hoped this game would be. Brady and the offense did their part, but the defense sucked. They played against a team with a very mediocre QB, one quaity WR, and no experienced TE. Yet they made the Giants passing offense look like it was the one run by the "other" Manning! My celebration had to wait until the Patriots scored their last TD, with about 3 minutes left in the game. Yeah, I know that I'm greedy and selfish. But, as I said, I feel cheated.

On a side note, from an objective point of view, I think Giants Head Coach, Coughlin, is a total idiot. He lost at least 2, and possibly 3 starters in a game that could have no impact at all on the Giants Playoff situation. He did that because his ego demanded that he try to be the coach who stopped the Patriots. He sacrificed his team for his own ego. Srew him. He deserves it, since he has now screwed his team.

The Patriots now have all those glittery regular season records. Brady has 50 TD passes. Moss has 23 TD receptions. The team has scored the most regular season points in history. Etc, etc, etc. And what does it all mean? Well, as a very wise man who is a member of this forum said, it means ....

"Now on to the playoffs, where it really matters." :o

That last line says it all, OMR. The 16-0 is a line in the record book. But, without the Lombardi Trophy, it is no more than that. The NFL is all about winning the Super Bowl. The Patriots and their Head Coach know that. That's been the mantra since Belichick took over. Play one game at a time, with no game more important than the last one, or those that come later. The NEXT game is the only one that matters.

Today, however, as a fan, I felt cheated. I was upset with the Patriots defense, which denied me the opportunity for the 3-hour celebration of a great regular season that I had hoped this game would be. Brady and the offense did their part, but the defense sucked. They played against a team with a very mediocre QB, one quaity WR, and no experienced TE. Yet they made the Giants passing offense look like it was the one run by the "other" Manning! My celebration had to wait until the Patriots scored their last TD, with about 3 minutes left in the game. Yeah, I know that I'm greedy and selfish. But, as I said, I feel cheated.

On a side note, from an objective point of view, I think Giants Head Coach, Coughlin, is a total idiot. He lost at least 2, and possibly 3 starters in a game that could have no impact at all on the Giants Playoff situation. He did that because his ego demanded that he try to be the coach who stopped the Patriots. He sacrificed his team for his own ego. Srew him. He deserves it, since he has now screwed his team.

The Patriots now have all those glittery regular season records. Brady has 50 TD passes. Moss has 23 TD receptions. The team has scored the most regular season points in history. Etc, etc, etc. And what does it all mean? Well, as a very wise man who is a member of this forum said, it means ....

"Now on to the playoffs, where it really matters." :o

I only hope that Wade Philips (another rocket scientist) doesn't play his starters too long tonight. The Cowboys would be playing for the most wins by a Cowboy team in a regular season against a team trying to make the playoffs (Washington). In the overall scheme of things this should mean absolutely nothing to the Cowboys, but with Wade Philips you never know.

In tomorrow morning's game, I look forward to seeing if Terry Glenn is able to come back as this will be his first game this season following two knee operations. A healthy Terry Glenn is like having another TO in the game and would add immeasurably to the Cowboys playoff chances.

16-0 is an incredible accomplishment requiring talent, leadership, commitment and a little luck. I'm not sure this will be repeated anytime soon, as it took 25 years for a second undefeated team. Well done. For some reason I think the 2007 Patriots might be better standard-bearers than the '72 Dolphins going forward.

Of course being a pragmatic New Englander (read: Red Sox fan), I will celebrate after the next three Wins, or when they get the Duck Boats ready to roll, on say Feb. 6.

No problem with the Over today!

And Kudos to the Giants for giving it their all, in spite of their fans.

Hmm, Red Sox, Pats...Celts? I could go for a a three-fer.

NFL Playoff picture

My best guess on the full schedule:

Wildcard Weekend

Sat., 5 Jan, games at 4:30 PM and 8:00 PM

Sun., 6 Jan, games at 1:00PM and 4:30 PM

Divisional Playoffs

Sat., 12 Jan, games at 4:30 PM and 8:00 PM

Sun., 13 Jan, games at 1:00 PM and 4:30 PM

Conference Championships

Sun., 20 Jan., games at 3:00 PM and 6:30 PM

Superbowl 42

Sun., 3 Feb., kick-off ~ 6:22 PM

all times EST. (add 12 hours for Thailand)

NFL Playoff picture

My best guess on the full schedule:

Wildcard Weekend

Sat., 5 Jan, games at 4:30 PM and 8:00 PM

Sun., 6 Jan, games at 1:00PM and 4:30 PM

Divisional Playoffs

Sat., 12 Jan, games at 4:30 PM and 8:00 PM

Sun., 13 Jan, games at 1:00 PM and 4:30 PM

Conference Championships

Sun., 20 Jan., games at 3:00 PM and 6:30 PM

Superbowl 42

Sun., 3 Feb., kick-off ~ 6:22 PM

all times EST. (add 12 hours for Thailand)

Thanks for this.

I saw the Cowboy game and Glenn didn't catch any passes. In addition, he was quite upset at LaRon Landry (Redskin safety) about a hit on him, a play I saw and didn't think was dirty. Moreover, Romo threw an interception when throwing to a designed spot that Glenn didn't get to that the defender did. From what I saw, sadly, Glenn is finished.

Hi all looking for a little help here. I want to watch the Charger game but I am stuck here in Samui every time I ask someone about the game they look at me like I have 2 heads. Does anyone know of a place where I could watch the game? Even on delay. If it helps I'm in Lamai but have motorbike will travel.

Thanks,

Go Bolts!!

Hi all looking for a little help here. I want to watch the Charger game but I am stuck here in Samui every time I ask someone about the game they look at me like I have 2 heads. Does anyone know of a place where I could watch the game? Even on delay. If it helps I'm in Lamai but have motorbike will travel.

Thanks,

Go Bolts!!

If you can't find a place to watch the NFL playoff action but have an ADSL line, it might help to check out a site called tenyardtorrents where you will probably be able to download the games. Some people capture and decode the games, making them available to be downloaded. The only drawback with this method is that you'll likely be watching any games a day after they've been played as it takes time for the decoding and uploading before it's available to be downloaded. If you're not familiar with using torrents, go to the utorrent website where you can get the appropriate program and instructions.

Thanks,

Go Bolts!!

I assume you have TrueVisions(UBC) available. Just find a friend who has the Gold/Platinum package and buy the beer. The game should be broadcast on TrueSports4, channel 64 (BKK) Monday morning at 4:30 am and re-telecast at night (probably 9:30 but 7:00 also possible-UBC schedule doesn't specify). Should be able to find a bar open by that time of night. Best of luck! :o

Edited by mauiguy90

NFL PLAYOFF SCHEDULE

It's a little unusual this weekend, according to the TrueVisions website. They'll have 3 of the 4 games on True Sport 3, and only 1 on True Sport 4, the regular location for NFL games. Here are the details for those of you who, like me, will gladly sacrifice sleep for live NFL Playoff games!

SUN 04:30 on TS3 Washington Redskins @ Seattle Seahawks

SUN 08:15 on TS3 Jacksonville Jaguars @ Pittsburgh Steelers

MON 01:00 on TS4 New York Giants @ Tampa Bay Bucanneers

MON 04:30 on TS3 Tennessee Titans @ San Diego Chargers

ENJOY!

NFL PLAYOFF SCHEDULE

It's a little unusual this weekend, according to the TrueVisions website. They'll have 3 of the 4 games on True Sport 3, and only 1 on True Sport 4, the regular location for NFL games. Here are the details for those of you who, like me, will gladly sacrifice sleep for live NFL Playoff games!

SUN 04:30 on TS3 Washington Redskins @ Seattle Seahawks

SUN 08:15 on TS3 Jacksonville Jaguars @ Pittsburgh Steelers

MON 01:00 on TS4 New York Giants @ Tampa Bay Bucanneers

MON 04:30 on TS3 Tennessee Titans @ San Diego Chargers

ENJOY!

Thanks. I would have woke up, looked at TSP 4, cursed, and gone back to sleep.

I haven't seen the Seahawks, Jags or Bucanneers this year so it will be interesting to see what they have got.

Yep, Patsfangr, you are indeed the TSP Jedi Master! Thanks! :D

:D Thanks, MG. But you guys need to get into checking the "latest" on the TrueVisions website for yourselves. I don't mind doing it, and posting it; but what if I get hit by a baht bus, while dodging a speeding motorbike that's swerving around a huge pothole? You'll be lost! :o

Yep, Patsfangr, you are indeed the TSP Jedi Master! Thanks! :D

:D Thanks, MG. But you guys need to get into checking the "latest" on the TrueVisions website for yourselves. I don't mind doing it, and posting it; but what if I get hit by a baht bus, while dodging a speeding motorbike that's swerving around a huge pothole? You'll be lost! :o

Actually Patsfangr, I did check but only ESPN and TS4. Didn't bother to check other channels since they normally don't show NFL Football. Will do so next time. Meantime, you are still Jedi Master!

PS Don't get hit by a bus!!!

Ok, so now that it's clear that Saturday's Steelers-Jacksonville game is on my question is: where? I don't have television in my apartment, so I'm hoping someone out there has the coordinates of a bar, embassy, noodle stall--anywhere--that will be showing the game. I live in Muang Thong Thani so if anyone else out there does too, and is planning to watch the game, for the love of gridiron, let me know.

One hel_l of a finish in that Jags - Steelers game! That's Playoff football, Man!!

The outcome was as I expected, but I didn't think it would be that

close. The Jags dam_n near blew it! Looked like a major choke, until Garrard

made that HUGE 32 yard run on 4th and 2!

Jags won't be any "gimmee" game. They have a great running attack, a

QB who has been outstanding at taking care of the ball, a very tough DL that

can both stop the run, and pressure the passer. Of course, we all know that

the on field strength of the Patriots is that they have enough weapons to

attack any defense, one way or another; and the off field strength to

prepare the defense to take away the best weapon of any opposing offense. So

(brace yourself for this shocker!), I predict a Patriots victory! :-)

As for the LOSERS, it couldn't happen to a better team ... this week.

(Sorry, PKG, but I really don't like the mouths on a few key Steelers players!)

I'd love to see the same thing happen to the Irsay/Polian/Dungy triumvirate

next week. I certainly wouldn't rule it out against the Chargers, who are

really playing well now. Let's see how they come out of the game tomorrow.

Healthy, I hope.

Tomorrow, I expect both home teams, the Colts and Bucs, to win. But I

would not be shocked by an upset in either or both games. Neither the Bucs

nor Giants are really outstanding teams, IMO; which leaves that one very

much in doubt. And, of course, both the Colts and Chargers are outstanding

teams. Should be some good, competitive, Playoff football for us.

George

"I don't have a whole lot of what-ifs. We won three Super Bowls," (Tom

Brady)

Great game between the Jags and the Steelers. Steelers played a rotten first half but showed why they are a championship team in the 2nd half, coming back from 18 pts. down to take the lead. They almost stole the game away except for Garrard's heroics on 4th and 2 with just minutes to play. Game worth watching again!

Giants-Bucs game should be interesting depending on which Giants team shows up to play but the game of the day should be the Titans-Chargers game. No love lost between those two teams since the Vince Young-Shawn Merriman retaliation accusations in the game played between the two teams just a few weeks ago. Chargers also have a habit of losing in the 1st round... Tough to get up at 4:30 am but this one should be fun to watch!!!

Edited by mauiguy90

Back from a long non-fun 8 week stint in LA. At least I got to watch the games in roughly the same time zone. Man, after all the Jax hype, they didn't really show me much. All of BenR's INT's were balls that shouldn't have been thrown. Brady doesn't really do that so much. Good Jax QB pressure, but BenR repeatedly held the ball too long, another thing Brady doesn't do. It looks to me like Pats 33 Jax 17, unless the Titans pull out their game against SD. Not likely.

Still gonna remain antsy about the eventual Indy game till it's over.

Edited by calibanjr.