American Football

ChuckZ

Yeah bra,

used to spend time in Maui in the seventies as a youngster. My folks owned one of the very first condos at Kapalua. Sold it with the divorce fire-sale :o . Also, I have a good bradda that comes to Phuket for a couple months every year who lives on the big island.

63 and 64 are ESPN channels no? I understand the games will be on CBS and Fox.......

Need my playoff fix bra, withdrawls since my weekends in Vegas the first couple weekends of the schedule.

HB,

Sounds like you hung out with "da surfer" gang in Lahaina. Too bad you had to sell off those Kapalua condos...Owww! That's a beautiful area with great surf spots. Just so you know, I try to cut back on my "da kine pidgin" since nobody understands it outside of Hawaii. Takes me back to "hana badda daze"...

:D

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah bra,

used to spend time in Maui in the seventies as a youngster. My folks owned one of the very first condos at Kapalua. Sold it with the divorce fire-sale :o . Also, I have a good bradda that comes to Phuket for a couple months every year who lives on the big island.

63 and 64 are ESPN channels no? I understand the games will be on CBS and Fox.......

Need my playoff fix bra, withdrawls since my weekends in Vegas the first couple weekends of the schedule.

HB,

Sounds like you hung out with "da surfer" gang in Lahaina. Too bad you had to sell off those Kapalua condos...Owww! That's a beautiful area with great surf spots. Just so you know, I try to cut back on my "da kine pidgin" since nobody understands it outside of Hawaii. Takes me back to "hana badda daze"...

:D

RE: To the patsfangr,

you're right, now that I think about it, I think I remember seeing a TrueVisions logo in the upper righthand corner when I was watching the Jax-Pittsburg game (by the way, great game, and if the Steelers had Parker they would have won, they couldn't do scheit on first down).

To my bra Mauiguy,

yeah those were the days......Lahaina breakwall, Sharkpits, not to leave out Windmills and Honolua. Caught inside as a 13 year old thought I was dead at Honolua one day, still probably some of the best tube rides (excluding Uluwatu) of my life at Windmills.

Too old now, cushy Kata in the low season is my surf these days.

Cheers, (Go Raiders ! oops, I forgot, the Raiders suck)

HB

For the Superbowl, if enough people are interested, we could get a large room at the Emporium Suites Hotel. Have a door charge to cover the room and alchohol (or just make it a BYO setup), and order from room service. They could even ask for a catered setup and have a buffet going. Perhaps friendly poker games and other such activities before the big game starts, make a whole night of it! Let me know what you all think.

If there's enough interest here, I'll make a new post in the Bangkok forum and ask everyone to let me know how many people there will be in there group so we can get the right size, and possibly number of rooms. If we get too much interest we could always get some conference rooms with cattering, but I don't know if they'd allowing smoking in there, and we wouldn't have as much privacy for stuff like poker, ladies(?), etc.

...the 'Boys are greatly aided by a couple of young players who have produced beyond expectations (Romo and Barber). Their defense is showing some cracks (as is Romo), and it remains to be seen whether they have the depth to be consistently successful. Again, no offense, but I hope not. :-)

Their defense is not showing some cracks, their defense has some cracks. This has been widely known since before the season started. Still, the defense has been improving over the past few games so I keep my fingers crossed that they won't revert back to giving up long pass plays as they have done so many times in the past.

As for Romo, I can't see where you are coming from. He is by far one of the best QB's in the NFL. All QB's have some bad games, but game in and game out his stats and won/loss (13-3) is top tier. Couple this with the fact that he is inexperienced and has had one of his starting WR's from last year hurt all season (Glenn) and the other (Owens) hurt the past two games. Imagine Brady going up against the Jags with an injured Moss and no Welker? That is what Romo faces against the Giants which are currently playing tough as you well know. Again, I will keep my fingers crossed.

For the Superbowl, if enough people are interested, we could get a large room at the Emporium Suites Hotel. Have a door charge to cover the room and alchohol (or just make it a BYO setup), and order from room service. They could even ask for a catered setup and have a buffet going. Perhaps friendly poker games and other such activities before the big game starts, make a whole night of it! Let me know what you all think.

If there's enough interest here, I'll make a new post in the Bangkok forum and ask everyone to let me know how many people there will be in there group so we can get the right size, and possibly number of rooms. If we get too much interest we could always get some conference rooms with cattering, but I don't know if they'd allowing smoking in there, and we wouldn't have as much privacy for stuff like poker, ladies(?), etc.

Sounds awesome.

But isn't the game on a Monday morning? I have this problem with a 4 letter word..................work.

But if it come together maybe I can be "sick".

Keep us posted.

HB

...the 'Boys are greatly aided by a couple of young players who have produced beyond expectations (Romo and Barber). Their defense is showing some cracks (as is Romo), and it remains to be seen whether they have the depth to be consistently successful. Again, no offense, but I hope not. :-)

Their defense is not showing some cracks, their defense has some cracks. This has been widely known since before the season started. Still, the defense has been improving over the past few games so I keep my fingers crossed that they won't revert back to giving up long pass plays as they have done so many times in the past.

As for Romo, I can't see where you are coming from. He is by far one of the best QB's in the NFL. All QB's have some bad games, but game in and game out his stats and won/loss (13-3) is top tier. Couple this with the fact that he is inexperienced and has had one of his starting WR's from last year hurt all season (Glenn) and the other (Owens) hurt the past two games. Imagine Brady going up against the Jags with an injured Moss and no Welker? That is what Romo faces against the Giants which are currently playing tough as you well know. Again, I will keep my fingers crossed.

I'm definitely not dissing Romo overall, or his future. I agree that he's among what is (unfortunately) a very small group of good to excellent QBs in the NFL these days. I was simply noted that, faced with the problems you mentioned, his inexperience has shown. He's made a lot more mistakes that, for example, Brady would make under similar circumstances, to respond to your question. (Remember that Brady has had some dam_n good seasons, with no receiver close to either Moss or Welker on the roster.)

Romo has a great future, IMO. But I don't think he's quite to the level of a Brady, Manning, or Favre just yet.

As an aside, wouldn't you (that's ALL of you out there) agree that the current group of NFL QBs is below par for a typical NFL season? I mean, we have the 4 mentioned above (with Favre, though going out with a bang, on his last legs) that I'd rate as "outstanding". Then we have a group of guys I'd rate as "above average", but well below outstanding. That would include, in no particular order: Hasselbeck, Palmer, Roethlisberger, Cutler, Bulger, McNabb, Brees, Garcia. Did I miss anybody that you'd rate as "outstanding", or "above average", at an NFL level?

I think that's pretty poor. I'd guess that we usually have at least 1/2 of the NFL QBs whose week-to-week play would earn them a rating of "above average" or better. (I'm using that term in the sense of a "permanent scale", not the average of current players, if you know what I mean.) And, at the other end, it seems to me that there are at least a half dozen guys who would not have started for any team in many NFL seasons.

So, is NFL QB play, across the league, at a low point these days? Let's have some opinions from you guys.

I'm definitely not dissing Romo overall, or his future. I agree that he's among what is (unfortunately) a very small group of good to excellent QBs in the NFL these days. I was simply noted that, faced with the problems you mentioned, his inexperience has shown. He's made a lot more mistakes that, for example, Brady would make under similar circumstances, to respond to your question. (Remember that Brady has had some dam_n good seasons, with no receiver close to either Moss or Welker on the roster.)

Romo has a great future, IMO. But I don't think he's quite to the level of a Brady, Manning, or Favre just yet.

As an aside, wouldn't you (that's ALL of you out there) agree that the current group of NFL QBs is below par for a typical NFL season? I mean, we have the 4 mentioned above (with Favre, though going out with a bang, on his last legs) that I'd rate as "outstanding". Then we have a group of guys I'd rate as "above average", but well below outstanding. That would include, in no particular order: Hasselbeck, Palmer, Roethlisberger, Cutler, Bulger, McNabb, Brees, Garcia. Did I miss anybody that you'd rate as "outstanding", or "above average", at an NFL level?

I think that's pretty poor. I'd guess that we usually have at least 1/2 of the NFL QBs whose week-to-week play would earn them a rating of "above average" or better. (I'm using that term in the sense of a "permanent scale", not the average of current players, if you know what I mean.) And, at the other end, it seems to me that there are at least a half dozen guys who would not have started for any team in many NFL seasons.

So, is NFL QB play, across the league, at a low point these days? Let's have some opinions from you guys.

There are some quality QB's riding the pine. I think the guy Rosenfels in Texas could be a quality starter. I think Quinn in Cleveland will be good, the guy who plays in front of him came out of the blue to have a whale of a season. The guy behind Brady, Cassell, someone needs to get that guy because I think he could be a good player.

I don't think it's so much the quality of play by the QB's, I'm going out on a limb to say the O coordinators sometimes get crossed up by the D coordinators on the other side, the defense switches, with the opposing offense expecting what they saw on film earlier. The most successful QB's are the guys calling the plays at the line.............

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!

The question before you is, who will they be?

NO, I am not asking about the game to be played at Gillette Stadium on

Saturday night. I think I've already clearly stated my opinion on that one.

(Of course, any of you are welcome to disagree.)

I'm just wondering what the opinions are on the other 3 games. Will

all of the favored home teams win?

I've picked the Colts over the Chargers, only because of the dome, and

the advantage that the Colts have at that venue. I think it will be close. I

think the scoring will be in the neighborhood of the high 20's to low 30's

for both teams. I also think that there's always a good chance for an upset

in a game of that type. So my hopes remain for the Chargers to upset the Colts,

and send the Evil Triumvirate (Irsay, Polian, Dungy) home in tears!

But, if my house was on the table for it, I'd have to predict: Colts 34 - Chargers 31.

I think the Packers just have too much for Seahawks on any field; but

especially on the "frozen tundra of Lambeau Field" against the boys from the temperate zone.

The weather forecast calls for a high of 25 degrees. It's gonna get chilly out there.

I'd guess something like Packers 27 - Seahawks 14.

I'm picking the Giants to come up with the only upset of the weekend.

They are really riding high now, and they are very familiar with the

Cowboys. Yes, they lost both games to Dallas; the first in Dallas, 45-35,

and the second in New York ... umm ... New Jersey, 31-20.

But I believe that the Giants are playing better defensively now; while the Cowboys have slipped offensively.

The Dallas defense hasn't exactly been impenetrable all season. They lost 2 of their last 4 games,

and barely won the other two against teams that didn't make the Playoffs.

The big "if" with the Giants is always Eli Manning. He's put good games back-to-back. So, is he "due to have a bad one";

or has he finally found his groove? I'm going with the latter,

and predicting a final score that reverses their last game: Giants 31 - Cowboys 20.

***** Your turn!

George

"I don't have a whole lot of what-ifs. We won three Super Bowls," (Tom

Brady)

I just watched the JAC vs. PIT game...random thoughts...Rothlisberger basically threw this game away, the Steelers should hire a new grounds-keeper and Jacksonville didn't look all that good.

I don't watch enough football, nor follow the teams (stats, trends, injuries, weather, etc.) to comment on the other games other than to say I hope they're good.

There are some quality QB's riding the pine. I think the guy Rosenfels in Texas could be a quality starter. I think Quinn in Cleveland will be good, the guy who plays in front of him came out of the blue to have a whale of a season. The guy behind Brady, Cassell, someone needs to get that guy because I think he could be a good player.

I don't think it's so much the quality of play by the QB's, I'm going out on a limb to say the O coordinators sometimes get crossed up by the D coordinators on the other side, the defense switches, with the opposing offense expecting what they saw on film earlier. The most successful QB's are the guys calling the plays at the line.............

I am with Patsfangr on this. While there may be some talented prospects who haven't yet got their shot, some of the guys who are playing are average at best. The top prospect I have seen who will play soon is JaMarcus Russell. He was a big time play maker in college (at LSU), and has everything it takes except for experience to be a big time play maker in the NFL. While there is no thing as a can't miss in the NFL, Russell can't miss.

I just watched the JAC vs. PIT game...random thoughts...Rothlisberger basically threw this game away, the Steelers should hire a new grounds-keeper and Jacksonville didn't look all that good.

I don't watch enough football, nor follow the teams (stats, trends, injuries, weather, etc.) to comment on the other games other than to say I hope they're good.

I also wasn't impressed with the Jags, although I am happy for Del Rio. However, I expect his season will end quickly this weekend.

especially on the "frozen tundra of Lambeau Field" against the boys from the temperate zone.

The weather forecast calls for a high of 25 degrees. It's gonna get chilly out there.

George

I hope it gets alot colder than 25 degrees. Thats a heat wave at Lambeau. We had a sh1t load of rain here over the last couple of days and the snow has all melted. It's currently 34 degrees. Just last week they were looking for people to help shovel out the snow in seats at Lambeau. The weather is a little crazy.

I may have jinks the Pack, after shoveling all the snow from the prior weeks I fixed my snow blower so now it will not snow anymore , and I am expecting nice weather. If it doesn't get below freezing and the Pack looses it all my fault. :o

I like the score you picked for the Packer game and your upset pick with the Giants. I hope so , that would mean the road for the SB for the NFC would have to go through Lambeau.

PKG

Steelers rock!

You can count me in. And along with the poker, buffet and cigars, we can even talk some trash about soccer. d'oh!

If you are in Bkk, try to check out a new place called The Sports Authority. I saw it walking down the stairs from the skytrain at Asok. It's on the even number soi side, on the second floor, so it's not so easy to find. I stopped in and met the manager. Don't know if he wants (or is able) to stay open all night, but worth a try. It would be an outstanding place to have an all night Super Bowl party. It's classy, upscale.

Just my 2 cents worth. Sorry, I'm in Khorat and won't be in Bkk till 1 Feb, so can't do the legwork.

I am with Patsfangr on this. While there may be some talented prospects who haven't yet got their shot, some of the guys who are playing are average at best. The top prospect I have seen who will play soon is JaMarcus Russell. He was a big time play maker in college (at LSU), and has everything it takes except for experience to be a big time play maker in the NFL. While there is no such thing as a can't miss in the NFL, Russell can't miss.

Hmm. As the political scene in the USA heats up, I can't help but think that your last sentence makes me think you must have been a Kerry supporter! :-)

George

I hope it gets alot colder than 25 degrees. Thats a heat wave at Lambeau. We had a sh1t load of rain here over the last couple of days and the snow has all melted. It's currently 34 degrees. Just last week they were looking for people to help shovel out the snow in seats at Lambeau. The weather is a little crazy.

I may have jinks the Pack, after shoveling all the snow from the prior weeks I fixed my snow blower so now it will not snow anymore , and I am expecting nice weather. If it doesn't get below freezing and the Pack looses it all my fault. :o

I like the score you picked for the Packer game and your upset pick with the Giants. I hope so , that would mean the road for the SB for the NFC would have to go through Lambeau.

PKG

Steelers rock!

Well, you must remember, PKG, that I acknowledge being a "closet Favre fan". Nothing come ahead of my Patriots, of course; but, that aside, I've been an NFL fan for about 55 years. I always appreciate players like Favre, and fans like those in GB. Now, add to that my hatred for Jerry Jones, and you will understand that my "heart" has almost as much to do with those two predictions as does my head!

No Way! One of those surreal occurrences that I'm enjoying! Cassell goes through an entire college AND pro career winning championships and NEVER starting a game! Don't let that ride stop! I love it!

I am with Patsfangr on this. While there may be some talented prospects who haven't yet got their shot, some of the guys who are playing are average at best. The top prospect I have seen who will play soon is JaMarcus Russell. He was a big time play maker in college (at LSU), and has everything it takes except for experience to be a big time play maker in the NFL. While there is no such thing as a can't miss in the NFL, Russell can't miss.

Hmm. As the political scene in the USA heats up, I can't help but think that your last sentence makes me think you must have been a Kerry supporter! :-)

Unfortunately, I voted for Bush. We all make mistakes.

On Russell, I did have the opportunity of watching the LSU/Notre Dame game in the US last year. The play by play announcers were Terry Bradshaw and Howie Long who normally do the color. Hence, viewers got the ability to hear what they had to say on players throughout the game. They were not impressed with Quinn, but made it known that they thought Russell should be the # 1 pick in 07's NFL draft. Al Davis agreed.

The thing a college QB needs to get used to in the NFL is the speed of the game. This only comes from experience and that only comes from time on the job (there are very few Dan Marinos). Russell will need to play for a year or two to get used to how fast the defensive backfield can close on receivers. Physically and mentally he has all the tools.

TrueVisions has now updated their NFL PLayoff Schedule. They will broadcast the Chargers @ Colts game 'live' at 0100 Monday morning on TS 4. The other 3, as Mauiguy posted earlier, will be on TS 3. There will, as always, be replays of all of the games at various times.

For those who are "PC challenged", here's the entire schedule. Note that 3 of the games are 'live' on TS 3; while 1, SD @ IND, is 'live' on TS 4.

(By the way, for those who use the "search" window on TrueVisions website, they changed the search word key for the NFL games. It used to require that you enter "NATIONAL FOOTBALL LEAGUE". I did that first, and came up with a "no matches found". Scared the crap out of me! Then I tried using just "NFL". That worked.)

First, the schedule for the "real" fans - LIVE!

True Sport 3 (63)

NFL 2007/2008

059: DIVISIONAL PLAYOFF: NFC: SEATTLE @ GREEN BAY 13-Jan-2008 04:30 LIVE

060: DIVISIONAL PLAYOFF: AFC: JACKSONVILLE @ NEW ENGLAND 13-Jan-2008 08:00 LIVE

062: DIVISIONAL PLAYOFF: NFC: NY. GIANTS @ DALLAS 14-Jan-2008 04:30 LIVE

True Sport 4 (64)

NFL 2007/2008

061: DIVISIONAL PLAYOFF: AFC: SAN DIEGO @ INDIANAPOLIS (14-JAN) 14-Jan-2008 01:00 LIVE

And now, for you "casual fans", wimps who can't handle the overnighters!, and "real" fans who need to see it again!)

THE REPLAYS

True Sport 4 (64)

055: NFC : WASHINGTON @ SEATTLE (06-JAN-2008)

11-Jan-2008 12:00 replay from last week

057: AFC: TENNESSEE @ SAN DIEGO (07-JAN-2008)

12-Jan-2008 12:00 replay from last week

058: NFC: NY GIANTS @ TAMPA BAY (07-JAN-2008)

12-Jan-2008 22:30 replay from last week

058: NFC: NY GIANTS @ TAMPA BAY (07-JAN-2008)

13-Jan-2008 12:00 replay from last week

059: DIVISIONAL PLAYOFF: NFC: SEATTLE @ GREEN BAY (13-JAN)

13-Jan-2008 16:30 replay from 04:30

060: DIVISIONAL PLAYOFF: AFC: JACKSONVILLE @ NEW ENGLAND (13-JAN)

13-Jan-2008 22:30 replay from 08:00

14-Jan-2008 04:15 replay from 13 JAN, 04:30

061: DIVISIONAL PLAYOFF: AFC: SAN DIEGO @ INDIANAPOLIS (14-JAN)

14-Jan-2008 11:30 replay from 01:00

14-Jan-2008 19:00 replay from 01:00

062: DIVISIONAL PLAYOFF: NFC: NY. GIANTS @ DALLAS (14-JAN)

14-Jan-2008 21:30 replay from 04:30

15-Jan-2008 00:00 replay from 13 JAN, 04:30

060: DIVISIONAL PLAYOFF: AFC: JACKSONVILLE @ NEW ENGLAND (13-JAN)

15-Jan-2008 02:30 replay from 13 JAN, 08:00

15-Jan-2008 08:00 replay from 14 JAN, 01:00

062: DIVISIONAL PLAYOFF: NFC: NY. GIANTS @ DALLAS (14-JAN)

15-Jan-2008 11:30 replay from 14 JAN, 04:30

15-Jan-2008 15:00 replay from 13 JAN, 04:30

Patsfangr, congratulations.

Thank, OMR. I'm too dam_n lazy to write up new comments, so here's a copy of what I sent to my Patriots fans email list:

Victory the old fashioned way ...

***** They EARNED it!

***** The Patriots offense was everything we expected them to be. They played the game exactly I thought they would have to against the very tough Jaguar defense. They took what the Jaguars were willing to give, the short passes, and a few runs, without taking foolish risks on the deep stuff that the defense was set up to stop. Almost flawless execution by Brady kept the ball moving, and led to another game with more than 30 points on the board. You win most games when you score 30 points.

***** I guess, when I look back on it, the defense was also true to form. It has been the pattern all season for this year's defense to give up both yards and scores throughout at least the 1st Half of most games; then, when it comes to "we gotta stop 'em" time, they do! In this one, they failed to stop the Jaguars from moving the ball consistently, albeit slowly, throughout the first half, save for one big turnover by Ty Warren. Then, in the second half, while the Jaguars still moved the ball down the field, they were held to FGs, instead of TDs on their long drives. That "TD for us, FG for you" trade always works out pretty well! :-) Then, of course, came the typical big play by the defense to lock up a game that is still in question. Rodney makes the game-ending interception, and it's on the "hat and t-shirt" game next week.

***** Can't end this without heaping loads of praise on the Jaguars, and, in particular, David Garrard. That team was not here by accident. They are solid in every phase of the game, and they played their hearts out. There were no "cheap shots", and dam_n little, if any "trash talk" in this great game. Both teams played like skilled and proud professionals. The Jaguars can definitely go into the off-season with their heads held high.

***** As for our guys, I also have to heap some praise on a guy I've given a lot of grief this season, Laurence Maroney. He ran hard, and extremely effectively throughout the game, as he has for the last several games. The "bust" label has to be put back into the drawer. He made a significant contribution to this win.

***** I can't say the same for another recent high Draft pick, Chad Jackson. He was a total dud in the KO return game! Maybe that "bust" label doesn't go into the drawer.

***** Ben Watson came up big, without any of the drops that have seemed to be part of every game for him. Two big TDs in a Playoff game is enough to wipe out quite a few drops during the regular season.

***** Not much to say about Brady and Welker. I mean, Brady was Brady, and Welker was Welker. :-)

***** Oh yeah, and Faulk was Faulk. He's got to be the most productive guy in the league that nobody knows.

***** Then there was Donte Stallworth, who came up with a "saving the best for last" performance. It was Gaffney for most of the game, then Stallworth makes 3 huge plays in the 4th quarter that were the beginning of the end for the Jaguars. Fantastic!

***** And, finally, we have to acknowledge yet another outstanding performance by the Offensive Line. The opening sack on Brady was, I believe, the only bad play by the OL all night.

***** OK. That's about all that I can remember for now. I'll close by noting that this team has filled me with so much confidence that I never felt that they wouldn't get it together when they had too, just as they did. The second half was all Patriots. Champions come up big when the chips are down, and, once again, they did.

***** Bring on the next victim, whether it's Colts or Bolts. They WILL fall at Gillette Stadium next week!

George

"I don't have a whole lot of what-ifs. We won three Super Bowls," (Tom Brady)

Greedy postings:

1.Dam_n'd Welker and Watson drops cost Brady his perfect passing percentage!

2.Dam_n'd run stuffing at the end made the punter have to get up off the bench!

Garrard and Jax both played as well as they could have hoped. Made the Pats look that much more deadly efficient. Brady was ridiculous, esp. on the switch from the left flat throw to rolling right and lofting a perfect ball to Stallworth, where only an outstanding tackle by the def. back saved a dagger in the heart long TD reception (even though that play pretty much sealed the game, anyway).

Still scared about Indy. After they BLOW OUT the Bolts, I'm guessing the line is NE by 4ish.

Edited by calibanjr.

OK, now my turn to be nervous. Patsfangr, I know you will be watching tonight. The record in NFL playoffs for teams going into a third game against an opponent they have already beaten twice is 11-6. Not as good as I would have expected. The Giants are talking like they are ready to spring a surprise on the Cowboys and Terry Bradshaw is blasting Romo for his trip to Mexico with Jessica (Simpson if you didn't already know).

TO will be healthy, and Terry Glenn is saying he is good to go (for the first time this year). Crayton has a new contract and Marion Barber III has just been given notice that he has replaced Jones as starter for this game. The Cowboys defense are talking like it is personal against the Giants, so this is going to be an out and out war.

As long as the Cowboys give it their all, I will be happy. We have seen the Giants rise to the occasion in the past two weeks so this is going to be a hard hitting game. On paper, the Cowboys should cover the 7 1/2 pts they are favored, but games aren't played on paper. I just hope it doesn't come down to a snap to a holder, again.

OK, now my turn to be nervous. Patsfangr, I know you will be watching tonight. The record in NFL playoffs for teams going into a third game against an opponent they have already beaten twice is 11-6. Not as good as I would have expected. The Giants are talking like they are ready to spring a surprise on the Cowboys and Terry Bradshaw is blasting Romo for his trip to Mexico with Jessica (Simpson if you didn't already know).

TO will be healthy, and Terry Glenn is saying he is good to go (for the first time this year). Crayton has a new contract and Marion Barber III has just been given notice that he has replaced Jones as starter for this game. The Cowboys defense are talking like it is personal against the Giants, so this is going to be an out and out war.

As long as the Cowboys give it their all, I will be happy. We have seen the Giants rise to the occasion in the past two weeks so this is going to be a hard hitting game. On paper, the Cowboys should cover the 7 1/2 pts they are favored, but games aren't played on paper. I just hope it doesn't come down to a snap to a holder, again.

Yes, I'll be watching. I'm now watching the Colts and officials playing against the Chargers. I expect that the 2 on 1 will be too much for the Chargers to overcome! (The officials are doing everything they can to hand this game to the Colts. It SHOULD be 14-10 at the half, but for that BOGUS F*CKING CALL on the interception return!!) GOD, how I hate the Colts!!!

No, I haven't heard the story about Romo and Jessica. Hey, gotta get it while it's hot, right? :-)

I'm expecting a good game between the Cowboys and Giants. It could very well be an upset, IF Eli and the Giants continue to play as well as they have in the last two games. That's a big "IF", based upon Eli's history.

You know that I can't wish you luck, OMR. I've told you my feelings about Jerry Jones. :-)

Yes, I'll be watching. I'm now watching the Colts and officials playing against the Chargers. I expect that the 2 on 1 will be too much for the Chargers to overcome! (The officials are doing everything they can to hand this game to the Colts. It SHOULD be 14-10 at the half, but for that BOGUS F*CKING CALL on the interception return!!) GOD, how I hate the Colts!!!

No, I haven't heard the story about Romo and Jessica. Hey, gotta get it while it's hot, right? :-)

I'm expecting a good game between the Cowboys and Giants. It could very well be an upset, IF Eli and the Giants continue to play as well as they have in the last two games. That's a big "IF", based upon Eli's history.

You know that I can't wish you luck, OMR. I've told you my feelings about Jerry Jones. :-)

AGGGGGG! I can't believe they lost. I guess it is as Aikman said after the game, Romo really didn't play that bad and if the guys caught what they should have caught it would have been a blow out. But they didn't and it wasn't. I now feel just like I did last year when the Mavericks lost in the first round to Golden State. They were favored, and then they were gone. At least I don't have to sit through another Dallas/Patriots game and watch the Cowboys lose again.

It was interesting that the last pass he threw into the end zone was for Terry Glenn and not TO. Still, no cigar. Anyway, I can't root for the Pats (nor the Giants) so my favorite teams now are the Chargers and the Pack.

Patsfangr, best of luck.

AGGGGGG! I can't believe they lost. I guess it is as Aikman said after the game, Romo really didn't play that bad and if the guys caught what they should have caught it would have been a blow out. But they didn't and it wasn't. I now feel just like I did last year when the Mavericks lost in the first round to Golden State. They were favored, and then they were gone. At least I don't have to sit through another Dallas/Patriots game and watch the Cowboys lose again.

It was interesting that the last pass he threw into the end zone was for Terry Glenn and not TO. Still, no cigar. Anyway, I can't root for the Pats (nor the Giants) so my favorite teams now are the Chargers and the Pack.

Patsfangr, best of luck.

You know what was really odd, OMR? The two games today ended in incredibly similar ways. The eventual winners, Chargers and Giants, both held 4 point leads with less than 3 minutes to play. Both coaches, Turner and Coughlin, called very conservative running plays (2 Downs by Coughlin, all 3 by Turner) from inside their own 20, when a 1st Down would have just about locked up a win for them. On the other hand, they both faced outstanding passing offenses, and, without a 1st Down, would be giving those opponents great field position. And that's what happened.

In both games, I really thought that, in the closing moments, the Colts and Cowboys would score with TD passes to win the game. But both the Chargers' and Giants' defenses came up big with stops on 4th down to lock it up.

Weird, no?

And for me, of course, both happy endings. Jerry Jones and the Colts evil triumvirate (Irsay, Polian, and Dungy) can now watch the rest of the playoffs from their living room couches. I'm expecting a repeat of the Super Bowl from 1997 - Patriots and Packers. But this time, it will be the Patriots taking home the Lombardi Trophy.

Holy Cow! I thought SD had a better chance against NE than SD against Indy! Shows what I know! Anyway, a bit anti-climax to the season with Indy gone. Vegas spread is NE by 14. Don't want to jinx the Pats, but I'm contemplating who I'd prefer to play in the Bowl. Green Bay probably, just to add another scalp to the year's list.

Greedy postings:

1.Dam_n'd Welker and Watson drops cost Brady his perfect passing percentage!

2.Dam_n'd run stuffing at the end made the punter have to get up off the bench!

Garrard and Jax both played as well as they could have hoped. Made the Pats look that much more deadly efficient. Brady was ridiculous, esp. on the switch from the left flat throw to rolling right and lofting a perfect ball to Stallworth, where only an outstanding tackle by the def. back saved a dagger in the heart long TD reception (even though that play pretty much sealed the game, anyway).

Still scared about Indy. After they BLOW OUT the Bolts, I'm guessing the line is NE by 4ish.

Blow out the Bolts, huh...........?????

BOLTS STUFF COLTS

and sorry Patsfangr, but here come the Bolts to hand you guys loss #1.

GO BOLTHEADS !!!!