American Football

ChuckZ

The Giants game was a litmus test for the Cowboys and my concerns (which I have written in this thread) showed up in spades. Romo, who did not play a good game, still led the Cowboys to 4 TD's and a field goal. Compared to the three measly field goals Brady led the Pats to and the Eagles, no Q, I am not even going to go there, it was still much better than I thought. Romo, simply, has nobody that can get open other than Witten. As I called it. Also, their defensive backfield was obviously lacking. It will be a long season (for a number of us).

So Kuma, which one of these world beaters do you root for?

Edited by Old Man River

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"Litmus test" is a very good phrase, although I'm applying it to my favorite team rather than yours. The more interceptions Delhomme throws, the bluer I turn. Ah well. When you've cheered for the same team through a 25-game losing streak, these little speed bumps don't bother you. Panthers!

I'm wondering if American football is shown much on TV there? Is it broadcat on regular TV? Cable TV? Avaiable on satelite? I would like to be able to watch it from my apt.

And another question. How expensive is cable tv or a satelite?

Thanks,

Chuck

I've been watching all games on asn ubc or true satellite and some on espn.

I can't be the only one who was awake at 3 am to 3:45 am Monday to catch it...

For the second straight week, ASN somehow managed to botch airing the beginning of the Sunday afternoon (second) game. This week, they didn't cut into the game until a couple of minutes into the second quarter. Last week, the season opener, they were about a half hour late to begin showing the second game.

I happened to catch part of the repeat airing of the second game later on Monday (yesterday), and it looked like their repeat airings likewise omitted the entire first quarter, the same as the original live airing.

In neither case, was it due to the first live broadcast game running beyond its timeslot and them not wanting to cut away from the ending of the first game. In both cases, the first game had already ended, and they spent a half hour or more showing canned NFL footage before they began (late) airing the second game already in progress.

Gotta wonder, what the H is going on with them in that kind of situation.

yeah jfchandler,

i did notice that . . i fell asleep waiting for the san fran/seattle game to start; what was with the 30 minutes of random highlights between games? if i was a san fran or seattle fan i would have been freaking out.

also, thanks for the advice on tvu player/gamepass. also, i came across this site: http://howtowatchfootball.com/index.php?topic=184.0 (maybe you already know it)

seems justintv has most of the links and seems to work well with my internet connection (like tvu). i do have an HD tv though, so i am tempted to get gamepass again . . but the price

The Giants game was a litmus test for the Cowboys and my concerns (which I have written in this thread) showed up in spades. Romo, who did not play a good game, still led the Cowboys to 4 TD's and a field goal. Compared to the three measly field goals Brady led the Pats to and the Eagles, no Q, I am not even going to go there, it was still much better than I thought. Romo, simply, has nobody that can get open other than Witten. As I called it. Also, their defensive backfield was obviously lacking. It will be a long season (for a number of us).

dallas sucks!

how's that for an intelligent reply, especially when my birds got blown out. seriously though, if they both can stay healthy, the barber/jones combination is going to compliment the cowboys passing game well - the nfc east got lucky that felix jones got hurt early last season; he's your gamebreaker

wade phillips reaction during/after the gmen's game winning field goal was classic; not quite as good as coughlin's fury face though

dallas sucks!

how's that for an intelligent reply, especially when my birds got blown out. seriously though, if they both can stay healthy, the barber/jones combination is going to compliment the cowboys passing game well - the nfc east got lucky that felix jones got hurt early last season; he's your gamebreaker

wade phillips reaction during/after the gmen's game winning field goal was classic; not quite as good as coughlin's fury face though

Now you sound like a Philly fan!

The fact is, in any close game with a good team, Dallas will be out-coached. Just the very fact that they started the season without any WR who is able to get open shows a lot. I know there are a lot of Jerry Jones haters around here, and while I have defended him, as a Cowboy fan there is little to defend now. He has cut the big salaries and spent very little on available players who can help this team. During the weeks leading up to the season start I looked high and low at the daily transactions for the Cowboys and they had the fewest of any team in the NFL. Other than Brooking, they weren't interested in anyone.

Right now, Jones' focus is the new stadium, constantly talking up the Cowboys brand value and negotiating away the owners need to subsidize less profitable teams. These are the kind of actions taken when an owner is interested in maximizing the value of his team before he cashes out (sells). I wouldn't be surprised if in a year or two the Cowboys go on the market.

The fact is, in any close game with a good team, Dallas will be out-coached. Just the very fact that they started the season without any WR who is able to get open shows a lot. I know there are a lot of Jerry Jones haters around here, and while I have defended him, as a Cowboy fan there is little to defend now. He has cut the big salaries and spent very little on available players who can help this team. During the weeks leading up to the season start I looked high and low at the daily transactions for the Cowboys and they had the fewest of any team in the NFL. Other than Brooking, they weren't interested in anyone.

Right now, Jones' focus is the new stadium, constantly talking up the Cowboys brand value and negotiating away the owners need to subsidize less profitable teams. These are the kind of actions taken when an owner is interested in maximizing the value of his team before he cashes out (sells). I wouldn't be surprised if in a year or two the Cowboys go on the market.

We are finally in total agreement, OMR! Jerry Jones has ALWAYS been about JERRY JONES! That's what I've been saying here since we started this thread. He doesn't want a coach whose personality and success will get more public aclaim that HE gets! He doesn't want the league to do anything that will diminish HIS control, notariety, or personal profit opportunities! The man is a selfish, egotistical a$$hole!

As I've said before, I had nothing but respect and admiration for the Dallas Cowboys back in the day. Tex Schramm and Tom Landry ran a fantastic organization, and a team that EARNED the nickname "America's Team", even though they never were "my team". :-) Now, under Jones, they are a disgrace to the league, and to the game, because of his ego and selfishness.

Edited by patsfangr

We are finally in total agreement, OMR! Jerry Jones has ALWAYS been about JERRY JONES! That's what I've been saying here since we started this thread. He doesn't want a coach whose personality and success will get more public aclaim that HE gets! He doesn't want the league to do anything that will diminish HIS control, notariety, or personal profit opportunities! The man is a selfish, egotistical a$$hole!

As I've said before, I had nothing but respect and admiration for the Dallas Cowboys back in the day. Tex Schramm and Tom Landry ran a fantastic organization, and a team that EARNED the nickname "America's Team", even though they never were "my team". :-) Now, under Jones, they are a disgrace to the league, and to the game, because of his ego and selfishness.

Jones may have been only about Jones in the past, but as long as he was willing to spend to bring the best available talent to Dallas, we didn't care. Now that he is thinking as a businessman and couldn't care less about the performance of the team (although he looks good on TV), we have no use for him. I hope he sells quickly.

From Mike Silver, Yahoo Sports: When Julius Peppers declared last February that he didn’t want to play for the Panthers, who knew he’d stick to the plan even after accepting his franchise tender from the team?

I can post that, laugh more than you about it, and still be a Panthers fan 24/7, 365 days a year, by the way. It's called loyalty, which is probably an alien concept to the average Dallas fan. Nice stadium, guys. If I were QB I'd throw the ball into your replay board. Every play.

Edited by Calico

seems justintv has most of the links and seems to work well with my internet connection (like tvu).

I've tried JustinTV (along with the various other options) for the past couple weeks, with lousy results for JustinTV. It worked fine during the preseason... But every time I've tried it during the regular season lately, the streams die out regularly for one of two reasons. 1) the stream gets pulled down mid-game and a message shows up saying it's because of copyright infringement; or 2) the stream stops mid-game and the JustinTV system shows a message saying the number of links allowed from your country (Thailand) has been exceeded.

i do have an HD tv though, so i am tempted to get gamepass again . . but the price

The alternative to GamePass is GameRewind, which I'm using at $50 for the full season. But you need to have a U.S. IP address in order to access it.

From Mike Silver, Yahoo Sports: When Julius Peppers declared last February that he didn’t want to play for the Panthers, who knew he’d stick to the plan even after accepting his franchise tender from the team?

I can post that, laugh more than you about it, and still be a Panthers fan 24/7, 365 days a year, by the way. It's called loyalty, which is probably an alien concept to the average Dallas fan. Nice stadium, guys. If I were QB I'd throw the ball into your replay board. Every play.

What do they say? The best defense is a good offense? Nice try Calico, but I have been here awhile. I know full well that both you and Patsfangr (which he recently admitted to, which surprised me) root for about every NFL team in the league so you can't ever be on the losing side.

Cowboy fans, like Raider and Eagle fans are a breed apart. We will root for our teams even if they never win a game. I fully expect this to be a horrid season for the Cowboys, saved only because they get to play teams like the Panthers which they will tomorrow morning (Bangkok time).

What do they say? The best defense is a good offense? Nice try Calico, but I have been here awhile. I know full well that both you and Patsfangr (which he recently admitted to, which surprised me) root for about every NFL team in the league so you can't ever be on the losing side.

Cowboy fans, like Raider and Eagle fans are a breed apart. We will root for our teams even if they never win a game. I fully expect this to be a horrid season for the Cowboys, saved only because they get to play teams like the Panthers which they will tomorrow morning (Bangkok time).

There you go again with that notorious Texas penchant for exaggeration, OMR. ;-)

What I said was:

"Other than my Patriots, I root FOR: Carolina (Because the fans had class in Houston at SB 38, and because I think their HC, John Fox, is a pretty classy guy too.); San Diego (Because I lived in So Cal for over 30 years, and saw and enjoyed many of their games.); Kansas City (Added this year, because I wish the best for former Pats personnel guy, Scott Pioli.); Denver (Also added this year, for similar reasons - their new HC, Josh McDaniel, is also a Belichick protege.) Makes it tough with all 3 of those teams in the same Division, playing each other twice!! :-) I also root for Arizona, because I think Warner is a good guy, and it's great to see a perennial doormat give their fans something to cheer about. After waiting 42 years for the Patriots to win a Super Bowl, I KNOW what that's about!! :-)

Finally, I root for any team, on any given week, when they play the Jets, Dolphins, Raidahs, Colts, Steelers, Browns or Cowboys."

Now, setting aside the fact that I always root AGAINST the 7 teams named in that last sentence, there are actually only 6 teams, other than my Patriots, that I root for, to some degree. The Patriots are, of course, ALWAYS #1; and have been since the team was created in 1960. A look at the list of 7 teams I always root against will reveal that, unfortunately, I am on the losing side of those games far too often. :-)

I may be adding another team to my "favorites", however. I'm really happy to see Mike Singletary doing so well with the 49ers. I always enjoyed and respected his play with the Bears. He's one of those guys who represents what NFL football is all about. Now he's turning around a team that's been a doormat for years. I hope he hasn't lost Gore with a serious injury. He dam_n near beat the Vikings, in Minnesota, without Gore, losing on an improbable connection by Favre with a journeyman WR at the end of the game. Too bad.

Your Cowboys should have an easy time tomorrow morning. The Panthers are in big trouble this year. But maybe the Cowboys defense can revive them! :-)

There you go again with that notorious Texas penchant for exaggeration, OMR. ;-)

What I said was:

"Other than my Patriots, I root FOR: Carolina (Because the fans had class in Houston at SB 38, and because I think their HC, John Fox, is a pretty classy guy too.); San Diego (Because I lived in So Cal for over 30 years, and saw and enjoyed many of their games.); Kansas City (Added this year, because I wish the best for former Pats personnel guy, Scott Pioli.); Denver (Also added this year, for similar reasons - their new HC, Josh McDaniel, is also a Belichick protege.) Makes it tough with all 3 of those teams in the same Division, playing each other twice!! :-) I also root for Arizona, because I think Warner is a good guy, and it's great to see a perennial doormat give their fans something to cheer about. After waiting 42 years for the Patriots to win a Super Bowl, I KNOW what that's about!! :-)

Finally, I root for any team, on any given week, when they play the Jets, Dolphins, Raidahs, Colts, Steelers, Browns or Cowboys."

Now, setting aside the fact that I always root AGAINST the 7 teams named in that last sentence, there are actually only 6 teams, other than my Patriots, that I root for, to some degree. The Patriots are, of course, ALWAYS #1; and have been since the team was created in 1960. A look at the list of 7 teams I always root against will reveal that, unfortunately, I am on the losing side of those games far too often. :-)

I may be adding another team to my "favorites", however. I'm really happy to see Mike Singletary doing so well with the 49ers. I always enjoyed and respected his play with the Bears. He's one of those guys who represents what NFL football is all about. Now he's turning around a team that's been a doormat for years. I hope he hasn't lost Gore with a serious injury. He dam_n near beat the Vikings, in Minnesota, without Gore, losing on an improbable connection by Favre with a journeyman WR at the end of the game. Too bad.

Your Cowboys should have an easy time tomorrow morning. The Panthers are in big trouble this year. But maybe the Cowboys defense can revive them! :-)

Patsfangr, I wish I could root for multiples of other teams because I find in many games I couldn't care less as I have no rooting interest. I may like players or coaches on other teams (I also like Singletary), but I have no rooting interest in their games.

As I have said before, this is going to be a long season for us Cowboy fans. Nobody to throw to on offense who can get open and hang on the to ball and a porous pass defense. While their lines are good on both sides of the ball and they have good running backs, to win they have to put together one 15 play drive after another, and no team can do that time and time again. Moreover, they had no first or second round draft picks this past draft (little to build with) and they are consistently being out coached. Yes, it is going to be a long season.

Watched a terrific San Francisco/Minnesota game on TVU early this morning... via the Fox affiliate in the Bay Area... Game nowhere to be found on ASN.... Good quality video throughout. And unlike the prior week, TVU showed the feed/game in its entirely... Last week, TVU had the first quarter of the SF game and then suddenly it died....

Terrific game throughout....all except the last play courtesy of Favre.... Can't win them all... At least, the 9ers aren't doormats anymore, leaving that honor for the hapless Raiders courtesy of Jamarcus Russell.... one of the worst quarterbacks I can recall as a permanent starter for a pro NFL team.

Watched a terrific San Francisco/Minnesota game on TVU early this morning... via the Fox affiliate in the Bay Area... Game nowhere to be found on ASN.... Good quality video throughout. And unlike the prior week, TVU showed the feed/game in its entirely... Last week, TVU had the first quarter of the SF game and then suddenly it died....

Terrific game throughout....all except the last play courtesy of Favre.... Can't win them all... At least, the 9ers aren't doormats anymore, leaving that honor for the hapless Raiders courtesy of Jamarcus Russell.... one of the worst quarterbacks I can recall as a permanent starter for a pro NFL team.

I agree on Russell. I thought J Russell would do great in the NFL, having seen him against top competition at the college level. This year, I have seen him and he looked awful. Simply dreadful. So bad, that I don't think he can make it at this level and he should be looking for something else to do in life. What a shame. He is a nice, clean kid, but this simply isn't for him.

I am going to assume you guys don't know since I don't see it mentioned here.

I'm on my 3rd season of downloading every single Packers game from the torrents. The main one is TenYardTorrents.com and there is also Sportbit.org.

Why better then Cable?

A lot of the games are in HD, and are about 1.5 - 4 GB in size.

All commercials are almost always cut out as well, which you'll soon find is the best feature.

The only down side is having to avoid the scores for about 24 hours and not being able to discuss with friends.

The games go online about 6 -24 hours after the game was played, as the capper needs time to edit out commercials and then re compress. Then he has to do the initial seeding, which seems to take about 4-6 hours.

So a Sunday afternoon game I can watch as early as Monday night.

Since OMR was watching the NFL before Bhumibol was wearing diapers, I'm quite flattered that he noticed me at all.

I spent the first 13 years of my life without a hometown team. Most of you are shocked that such a thing is even possible, but fortunately I'm too old to remember the trauma. However, from such a traumatic childhood, I learned to appreciate competence. Given that, it's kinda hard for me to watch a game where I don't give a flying fahrfegneugen about either team. If that bothers you, go read another thread.

Age 14, I had a hometown team at last. The horrid orange-sickle Bucs. Hey, we take what we can get.

Age 26, back home to North Carolina, I got myself an even more professional hometown team. Right before they crashed. Still my home. Bite me.

The NFL has 32 teams, and there is only one that I have hated for 40 years. Take a wild guess, OMR. Your peeps. 14 games per season, and they automatically "won" 7 per year in Dallas Stadium because they played dirty and bribed refs. And then Landry hawked Bibles on those TV commercials. I hate your peeps. Always have, always will, the one and only constant in my long NFL-watching life. Your team is just nasty. If that is America's Team, I'm proud to have been born and raised in the CSA. Your team is evil.

Terry Bradshaw took the snap, in Dallas, and one geeberhead clotheslined him while another snapped him behind the knees. Four seconds after the whistle blew. He looked for the flag, but get real. Not in Texas, baldy. The first NFL game I ever watched, 40 years ago, and I never forget. Back when I played QB in the backyard against my elders, and NEVER lost, we called that the Hucklebuck. I'd just jump on up, throw a TB, and cuss people. Which is why I wasn't NFL material. But your team is just crap. That is why.

I also despise incompetence, which is why I do not like the Browns 2.0, the current Raiders, Millen's Lions, the pre-Pioli Chiefs, or in particular Switzer's Cowboys because hating such incompetent mf losers ain't no fun at all. But sure, I can find a reason or two to like the rest of the NFL. If you can't, well, cheer for my favorite Muay Thai man of all time. I see him every Sunday morning, 7am, Tha Pae Gate, looking like all that and a bag of chips, with a lovely black doggie in the back of a samlor from time to time. If he ain't undefeated, he oughta be.

Still full of yourself? Try to smell worse than Charles Haley. Perhaps I can, but you cannot.

Since OMR was watching the NFL before Bhumibol was wearing diapers, I'm quite flattered that he noticed me at all.

I spent the first 13 years of my life without a hometown team. Most of you are shocked that such a thing is even possible, but fortunately I'm too old to remember the trauma. However, from such a traumatic childhood, I learned to appreciate competence. Given that, it's kinda hard for me to watch a game where I don't give a flying fahrfegneugen about either team. If that bothers you, go read another thread.

Age 14, I had a hometown team at last. The horrid orange-sickle Bucs. Hey, we take what we can get.

Age 26, back home to North Carolina, I got myself an even more professional hometown team. Right before they crashed. Still my home. Bite me.

The NFL has 32 teams, and there is only one that I have hated for 40 years. Take a wild guess, OMR. Your peeps. 14 games per season, and they automatically "won" 7 per year in Dallas Stadium because they played dirty and bribed refs. And then Landry hawked Bibles on those TV commercials. I hate your peeps. Always have, always will, the one and only constant in my long NFL-watching life. Your team is just nasty. If that is America's Team, I'm proud to have been born and raised in the CSA. Your team is evil.

Terry Bradshaw took the snap, in Dallas, and one geeberhead clotheslined him while another snapped him behind the knees. Four seconds after the whistle blew. He looked for the flag, but get real. Not in Texas, baldy. The first NFL game I ever watched, 40 years ago, and I never forget. Back when I played QB in the backyard against my elders, and NEVER lost, we called that the Hucklebuck. I'd just jump on up, throw a TB, and cuss people. Which is why I wasn't NFL material. But your team is just crap. That is why.

I also despise incompetence, which is why I do not like the Browns 2.0, the current Raiders, Millen's Lions, the pre-Pioli Chiefs, or in particular Switzer's Cowboys because hating such incompetent mf losers ain't no fun at all. But sure, I can find a reason or two to like the rest of the NFL. If you can't, well, cheer for my favorite Muay Thai man of all time. I see him every Sunday morning, 7am, Tha Pae Gate, looking like all that and a bag of chips, with a lovely black doggie in the back of a samlor from time to time. If he ain't undefeated, he oughta be.

Still full of yourself? Try to smell worse than Charles Haley. Perhaps I can, but you cannot.

I am not sure what set you off, but no offense intended whatever it is.

I've been out of Thailand for a while, so have not had any chance to see any games yet on ASN. Coming in in a few days, and I see from True's website the TV sked for Week 4 has the NYG-KC and Dal-Den games on BOTH True 2 and ASN at the same time, at midnight and 3:15 AM Monday morning. Has that been a common practice so far?

That seems kind of odd, but whatever. I also see from the True Visions website that there are no evening replays on True 2. ASN will have a pair of delayed broadcasts in the evening, a with the compelling Balt-NE game, which I'd rather watch more than any of the others, and St. Lou-SF.

Just wondering, for the delayed showings, and other replays on ASN, does ASN cut out the break times (CM dead-times, halftime, etc.) as True has done in the past, when they aired replays of the Sunday stateside-time games on Monday evening? Or do they show them in 'lengthy mode'?

Personally, I prefer staying blacked-out and watching an edited evening replay of an game rather than trying, and mostly failing, to stay awake all night/morning sitting through the commercial-breaks/dead-time laden broadcasts. That's one real drag, NFL games have too many breaks in the action.

Also looking forward to that MNF game between the Vikes and the Pack. I'm a 49ers fan, but strange to say, I don't feel that bad about what Favre pulled on them last week. I've always liked him, before last week the guy was still a top ten quarterback, and am glad to see him back. He should have been with the Vikes last year anyway, it just has happened a year late.

Does anyone watch college football on Eurosport? I have Sophon and only get Eurosport, which shows NCAA Big10 football. I saw a game on Wednesday at 10:30pm. There was also a game on Sunday in the morning around 11:00am.

Is there a schedule for Big10 football on Eurosport that is available. I tried the Eurosport website but it is unclear what time it is shown in Thailand. Recorded shows are ok, since the telecasts are not live.

Thanks for the help.

• 2 weeks later...

At long last, the Panthers won one. Ahead are Tampa and Buffalo, so we could conceivably go into November 3-3. Amazing.

Kinda sick that we had to heal ourselves on Washington, though. Before I had a home team, I adopted the Redskins because I'm part Cherokee. Also because I despise Dallas. In the here and now, Jason Campbell throws the prettiest spiral I've ever seen, and I've been a Jim Zorn fan for about 33 years.

Meanwhile, TVU does not show an NBC feed unless you're a paid subscriber. That's annoying.

And finally, I think Jerry Jones will build the first NFL stadium to orbit Earth. Then he can change "Dallas Cowboys" into "Space Cowboys." Oh yeah!

Meanwhile, watching a couple of teams that matter, I noticed this.

The AFC East looks like it could be another scrum this year. The Patriots, thanks to a very sub-par Brady (so far), and BB's continuing stubborn commitment to the "bend, but don't break" defense, do not look special, in any way. And the Jets can obviously have bood games, and bad games, with their rookie QB, sub-par running game, and decent, but predictable defense.

I have to admit that both the Jets and Pats games were exciting; though both teams broke the hearts of their fans with defensive failures ending the games - Jets unable to stop the run; Patriots unable to stop the relentless short pass. (Belichick's pass D is just a tad less generous than the "prevent"; and we all know what that does!)

(Hey, Calico, just kidding. You know I luv the Panthers!)

big game, saints vs. gmen. who do you like?

rooting for the saints!

With the Cowboys having a bye week, I was rooting for the Saints, Chiefs and Raiders and went 3 for 3. I was not shocked by the Saints victory nor the Chiefs, but have to admit the Raiders beating the Eagles was very surprising. As they say, on any given Sunday ..., and I do hope the Raiders now have this winning football stuff out of their systems. From what I read, they pounded McNabb.

While I doubt the Cowboys are a playoff contender this year (not until their are coaching changes), they are competitive with their only losses this season coming from the 5 -1 Giants and the undefeated Broncos, with both losses coming late in the game. For a team this competitive, they do take a lot of heat from the media. In fact, last week in an effort to jump on the bandwagon, one of NFL Access' female reporters trashed the Cowboys and their "2-3 record". Given this is what she does for a living and it is on the NFL Network, she should at least be able to the difference between 2-3 and 3-2.

It's not only trades that are filling the rumor mill this week. Have you heard these:

* The Jets are going to announce cancellation of their plans for two events planned for their Week 9 bye weekend - the Mark Sanchez Rookie of the Year party; and the AFC East Champions party!

* The Washington Redskins are going to change their team name to the Washington Generals!

* The fans in Tennessee are filing a class action suit against the Titans for impersonation of a professional football team!

* The fans in Tampa Bay have asked that the passports for Bucs players be revoked after the team arrives in England!

* For the remainder of the season, opponents will be allowed to play 12 men on defense against the Saints, Colts, and Patriots!

* The Eagles are moving their team to Scranton, because they are concerned for the safety of the players if they return to Philadelphia after their loss to the Raiders!

* Eric Mangini has been offered an extension by the Cleveland Browns - a neck extension!

* The Detroit Lions, following the recently initiated local tradition, have requested a bailout from the Obama administration.

I can't promise that all of those rumors are true; but I thought I'd keep you up to date.

George

It's not only trades that are filling the rumor mill this week. Have you heard these:

* The Jets are going to announce cancellation of their plans for two events planned for their Week 9 bye weekend - the Mark Sanchez Rookie of the Year party; and the AFC East Champions party!

* The Washington Redskins are going to change their team name to the Washington Generals!

* The fans in Tennessee are filing a class action suit against the Titans for impersonation of a professional football team!

* The fans in Tampa Bay have asked that the passports for Bucs players be revoked after the team arrives in England!

* For the remainder of the season, opponents will be allowed to play 12 men on defense against the Saints, Colts, and Patriots!

* The Eagles are moving their team to Scranton, because they are concerned for the safety of the players if they return to Philadelphia after their loss to the Raiders!

* Eric Mangini has been offered an extension by the Cleveland Browns - a neck extension!

* The Detroit Lions, following the recently initiated local tradition, have requested a bailout from the Obama administration.

I can't promise that all of those rumors are true; but I thought I'd keep you up to date.

George

Made me smile, i needed that :)