Paying For Flight For Thai Gf

kunash

I'm assuming your girlfriend does not have the means to pay for her own ticket ? IF she does, you could pay her back when she gets to you.

Does she have her Visa already? If not, ensure that the flight you book is refundable.

OR make a booking through an agent who will accept your credit card.

The simplest option maybe to transfer cash to your girlfriend so she can go and buy the ticket herself....

I'm assuming your girlfriend does not have the means to pay for her own ticket ? IF she does, you could pay her back when she gets to you.

Does she have her Visa already? If not, ensure that the flight you book is refundable.

OR make a booking through an agent who will accept your credit card.

The simplest option maybe to transfer cash to your girlfriend so she can go and buy the ticket herself....

I usually use Emerites and they tell me i cannot use a credit card from outside of Thailand to pay for a ticket for a flight fromThailand for my girlfriend so i either have to transfer money to her account (adding to the price because of exchange rates, transfer charges etc and my girl has not got her own credit card). This is booking on line from outside of Thailand .When i rang the Emerites Call centre they told me it was Thai law and then they told me i should learn international aviation law (whatever that is). I have also questioned this in the Emerites head office in Asoke and again they told me that i can't pay for a ticket with a creditcard from outside of Thailand when the flight leaves from within Thailand but again no reason. I can only assume it is an anti - terriorism based measure.

Has anybody else had this problem? Does this happen with other airlines or just Emerites?

I understand i can use a travel agent who will accept the credit card but I perfer to deal directly and book directly with the airline on the net rather than be stuffed around by a travel agent with paper tickets, mistakes, mis- communication, misunderstandings, "cannot do's", "not haves" etc etc. Been there and done that and never again .

I just did this for my gf to fly to australia.

I booked with Thai Airways on the internet. I then went to their office in the city and filled out a form that takes the 'alert' off the system. She is also a first time flyer. When she went to check in they had a staff member take her through customs and immigration at both ends.

No problem.

Many airlines insist that the credit card holder must be present, they all have their own conditions. Thai are one of the few that recognise the issue and give details on their website, of course Thai are far from being one of the cheapest carriers.

http://www.thaiair.c...x_traveler.html

Edited by theoldgit

If I missed any references I aplogise, hate being one of theose posters who repeat previous posters nearly verbatim:

Having said that some of the previous posters are on target with

1/ An agent

2/ Pre confirm with airline. Wallaby hit the nail on the head

A photocopy is not a good way to go if they knock you back when you are bout to fly.

Also: What airline?

Some the credit card holder has to be present some dont. Lufthansa was one I remember.

Also: A few airlines make allowances for faxed CC & ID confirm.

• 3 weeks later...

Booking online with Singapore Air who use "Visa Verify" there is no need for the credit card holder to be present for check-in.

That is supposed to be how it works and I purchased a ticket on SQ for my PA to come in from the US via SIN. However, despite the on-screen message saying that any Verified by Visa and/or MasterCard Securecode verification process would negate the need for the additional verification as a third-party traveler, I still needed to pop into SQ's downtown office in SIN and sign the paperwork.

Specifically for the OP, I have noticed that the last 3 tickets I have purchased online direct from TG (within the last 60 days, domestic and international), I have NOT been asked to show the credit card at check-in which is a first. Maybe they have upgraded some part of their online transaction setup?

Edited by NanLaew

I have purchased tickets online and flown Eithad, Emirates, BA, Thai, ANA and Singapore airlines this year and not once was I asked to show my credit card.

This is a very regular subject and it's clear that whatever the airlines policy it's down to the individual check-in staff member whether they apply their companies rules or not.

I have flown Emirates, Thai and Singapore this year and each time I had to show my credit card, I suppose it's the luck of the draw.

Whilst it's good to hear that some people have not had to show the card at check-in I would hate to find out the rules are being applied at the check-in counter if I, or somebody I had brought a ticket for, didn't have the card with me and I was denied boarding.

More often than not, it is not the agent at check - in who decides whether you should show your credit card or not. Airlines have departments that deal with with all areas of security and fraud, including credit card fraud. Many tickets are purchased online with a stolen credit card, and the check requiring the credit card holder to be present at the airport is just one of the security measures. It does also allow the airline the opportunity to decline to carry a passenger if they have doubts about that person's profile.

When the check - in agent puts your name into the computer there may well be an entry asking him/her to check your ID and credit card. The request is made by the airlines security or fraud department.