What Price Are We Willing To Pay For Thai Airport Security?

webfact

You are cup of coffee have very valid points, but i think its better to do something then just do nothing.

May be even if those scanner did not work but were there, it may deter one nutcase and even that makes the difference.

What i find amazing is the training security guards have received. Every time i been patted down in Thailand, they never checked underarms, inner thighs or ankle and i mean never.

There are ceramic guns which do not buzz so anyone can just strap one to their ankle and off they go boarding the plane

Ceramic guns are a myth, there's no such thing.

For you and Sergey,

New York-WABC, April 28, 2006) (WABC) -- Cops in New Jersey have made a frightening news discovery.

It comes in the form of a gun, that when place in an airport x-ray machine, is nearly invisible to the human eye.

Police found the gun in the car of a Ibn Johnson, a drug suspect arrested recently in Newark.They say the weapon was made of plastic.

Essex County Sheriff Armando Fontoura took the plastic device to Newark Liberty Airport where he ran it through the security scanner. His finding: the pistol didn't look like a weapon.

Fontoura said only the steel barrel was visible. The rest of the weapon, including the trigger and stock, did not appear. Authorities worry that the gun, if in the hands of terrorists or gang members, could pose a great security risk.

Police say the gun found in Newark, fires ammunition so fast it can penetrate a bulletproof vest

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local&id=4125662

Officiers from the County of Essex seized an assault weapon made with so little metal it does not clearly show up on a security X-ray. They found the Professional Ordnance Carbon-15 Type-97 pistol in the car of a drug suspect in Newark and noticed it was a cut above the usual weaponry employed by local drug dealers. They have never seen an assault weapon with so much plastic.When passed through the airport’s x-ray scan it just show a metal bar, no silhouette of a trigger or anything that looks like a gun.

http://hight3ch.com/weapon-undetectable-under-x-ray-scan/

You are cup of coffee have very valid points, but i think its better to do something then just do nothing.

May be even if those scanner did not work but were there, it may deter one nutcase and even that makes the difference.

What i find amazing is the training security guards have received. Every time i been patted down in Thailand, they never checked underarms, inner thighs or ankle and i mean never.

There are ceramic guns which do not buzz so anyone can just strap one to their ankle and off they go boarding the plane

For you and Sergey,

New York-WABC, April 28, 2006) (WABC) -- Cops in New Jersey have made a frightening news discovery.

It comes in the form of a gun, that when place in an airport x-ray machine, is nearly invisible to the human eye.

Police found the gun in the car of a Ibn Johnson, a drug suspect arrested recently in Newark.They say the weapon was made of plastic.

Essex County Sheriff Armando Fontoura took the plastic device to Newark Liberty Airport where he ran it through the security scanner. His finding: the pistol didn't look like a weapon.

Fontoura said only the steel barrel was visible. The rest of the weapon, including the trigger and stock, did not appear. Authorities worry that the gun, if in the hands of terrorists or gang members, could pose a great security risk.

Police say the gun found in Newark, fires ammunition so fast it can penetrate a bulletproof vest

http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local&id=4125662

Officiers from the County of Essex seized an assault weapon made with so little metal it does not clearly show up on a security X-ray. They found the Professional Ordnance Carbon-15 Type-97 pistol in the car of a drug suspect in Newark and noticed it was a cut above the usual weaponry employed by local drug dealers. They have never seen an assault weapon with so much plastic.When passed through the airport’s x-ray scan it just show a metal bar, no silhouette of a trigger or anything that looks like a gun.

http://hight3ch.com/weapon-undetectable-under-x-ray-scan/

Irrelevant, a "ceramic gun" is a gun supposedly made of ceramics (duh!) so that it wouldn't be picked up by a metal detector. The gun in your citations would still make a metal detector lit up like a Christmas tree and so would the ammunition.

For you and Sergey,

http://abclocal.go.c...ocal&id=4125662

Officiers from the County of Essex seized an assault weapon made with so little metal it does not clearly show up on a security X-ray. They found the Professional Ordnance Carbon-15 Type-97 pistol in the car of a drug suspect in Newark and noticed it was a cut above the usual weaponry employed by local drug dealers. They have never seen an assault weapon with so much plastic.When passed through the airport's x-ray scan it just show a metal bar, no silhouette of a trigger or anything that looks like a gun.

http://hight3ch.com/...der-x-ray-scan/

Irrelevant, a "ceramic gun" is a gun supposedly made of ceramics (duh!) so that it wouldn't be picked up by a metal detector. The gun in your citations would still make a metal detector lit up like a Christmas tree and so would the ammunition.

It is either that you do not like to be proven wrong or simply do not grasp the original concept

To start with both of the articles are 4 years old, rest assured things have developed since then.

Secondly it is irrelevant if the gun is made from ceramics or plastic, bottom line is it is undetectable and can be brought on the plane.

Thirdly ceramic gun was developed in Germany and it does exist, however for obvious reasons its availability and origin is not published.

Fourthly, if you actually read the the original post made by me where i clearly stated that during any patt down in Thailand they never checked underarms, ankle or inner thighs, so the gun can light up like 10 trees but if they do not check its easily brought on.

I have some metal works in my shoulder and every time i pass the security i buzz. In any other country including Philippines, they always ask me to show the scars and touch my shoulder, while in Thailand they always giggle like little girls and let me go.

Edited by kuffki

Kuffki

caught with your pants down. Several posts with a fact and now that you have been shown up as being WRONG. You post

["It is either that you do not like to be proven wrong or simply do not grasp the original concept

To start with both of the articles are 4 years old, rest assured things have developed since then.

Secondly it is irrelevant if the gun is made from ceramics or plastic, bottom line is it is undetectable and can be brought on the plane.

Thirdly ceramic gun was developed in Germany and it does exist, however for obvious reasons its availability and origin is not published.

Fourthly, if you actually read the the original post made by me where i clearly stated that during any patt down in Thailand they never checked underarms, ankle or inner thighs, so the gun can light up like 10 trees but if they do not check its easily brought on.

I have some metal works in my shoulder and every time i pass the security i buzz. In any other country including Philippines, they always ask me to show the scars and touch my shoulder, while in Thailand they always giggle like little girls and let me go."]

So now it is a concept.:cheesy: Facts never bothered you why start now.:D

Edited by jayjay0

Kuffki

caught with your pants down. Several posts with a fact and now that you have been shown up as being WRONG. You post

["It is either that you do not like to be proven wrong or simply do not grasp the original concept

I have some metal works in my shoulder and every time i pass the security i buzz. In any other country including Philippines, they always ask me to show the scars and touch my shoulder, while in Thailand they always giggle like little girls and let me go."]

What are you talking about? did you just wake up? try to catch up

Once you have woken up, please enlighten me what are the facts

Edited by kuffki

Kuffki

What are you talking about? did you just wake up? try to catch up

Once you have woken up, please enlighten me what are the facts

snapback.pngkuffki, on 2010-11-27 11:47, said:

Those are your facts not mine. Unless you are talking about one of your toy guns.

Although I do not doubt that someone eventually will come up with a firearm that is undetectable, the attacks to date have emphasized explosives and sharp objects such as the infamous boxcutters of 9/11. Apparently, the boxcutters passed through either the metal detectors and baggage screening on that fateful day. I have often inadvertently carried through objects that were prohibited amd I'm sure some of you have too. Has anyone seen the new stun devices? Some are made to look like harmless flashlights, others are built like pagers. How is anyone supposed to identify those things?

The Runt stun gun uses new cutting edge micro-technology to deliver a disabling 11 milliamps carried by high voltage.There are three voltage levels so you can pick your attackers poison. You can carry the Runt stun gun in your hand or pocket. If you would like to wear it like a pager it comes with a free heavy duty nylon belt loop holster. Three lithium batteries are also included at no charge so your stun gun will be ready to use when you receive it. This unit is perfect for women of all ages, and works for men as well. Order the Runt today for virtually invisible protection. Available in 2.5, 3.5 & 4.5 Million Volts.<BR class=clearBoth>

In the words of Thailand's leading airport screener Somchai Boratsong; Nice...............

Although I do not doubt that someone eventually will come up with a firearm that is undetectable, the attacks to date have emphasized explosives and sharp objects such as the infamous boxcutters of 9/11. Apparently, the boxcutters passed through either the metal detectors and baggage screening on that fateful day. I have often inadvertently carried through objects that were prohibited amd I'm sure some of you have too. Has anyone seen the new stun devices? Some are made to look like harmless flashlights, others are built like pagers. How is anyone supposed to identify those things?

The Runt stun gun uses new cutting edge micro-technology to deliver a disabling 11 milliamps carried by high voltage.There are three voltage levels so you can pick your attackers poison. You can carry the Runt stun gun in your hand or pocket. If you would like to wear it like a pager it comes with a free heavy duty nylon belt loop holster. Three lithium batteries are also included at no charge so your stun gun will be ready to use when you receive it. This unit is perfect for women of all ages, and works for men as well. Order the Runt today for virtually invisible protection. Available in 2.5, 3.5 & 4.5 Million Volts.<BR class=clearBoth>

In the words of Thailand's leading airport screener Somchai Boratsong; Nice...............

The box cutters used by the 9/11 terrorists were not smuggled in for the simple reason that box cutters and small knives were not forbidden to be carried on planes.

Also, as you may be aware of, cockpit doors were not armored, heck, they even didn't had locks.

A 9/11 style plot won't happen again, the cat is out of the bag so to speak. Before then the paradigm for airplane hijacking was to comply with the hijackers, hear their demands, take a detour, do negotiations, etc, etc. Now any hijacking is assumed to be with the purpose of bringing the plane down on a target, no negotiations. The change in attitude didn't take long at all, as soon as the people in United Airlines flight 93 knew about the fate of the other planes they fought back. Unfortunately the hijackers were already in the cockpit and in control of the airplane, in the fight they put the plane in a dive and crashed it.

Now that airlines came with the revolutionary idea of installing locks on the cockpit doors all that a knife wielding terrorist can aspire to accomplish would be to perhaps kill one or two passengers and injure a few others before being beaten to a pulp by the rest.

Of course the sensible solutions to the problem don't seem to be enough (lock the bloody cockpit doors and don't allow knives on planes) so a good kneejerk seems to be in order.

Kuffki, I know better than to argue with made up arguments so I won't

Travelling by plane isn't really a human right, is it?

People do have a choice.

That’s true. We could always build a raft or hire a hot air balloon.

But really, the way I see things is that airport security is caught between a rock and a hard place.

If something gets through the system and the worst happens, the airlines get kicked in the arse for it. If instead airport security decides to do a thorough job they are accused of being over zealous and then everyone complains. They are in a no win situation.

One way around the problem of full body scans would be to have two tier system in operation. One for females only and completely staffed by females and a duplicate system for males, although if anyone is desperate enough to want to see me naked, they are welcome.

Personally I would prefer to arrive at the airport early go through the security system knowing that I have a better chance of making it in one piece to my destination.

If everyone was really serious, you would be scared at how ineffectual all the present security garbage really is. Go figure - you go on board with a cell phone intact. You have C4 in a toothpaste tube in the hold. Suicide is the only option and you trigger the explosive etc on takeoff, over the city of on landing - get real ..... taking off belts, idiots asking us to throw away our bottles of water. Yeah right!!! rolleyes.gif

Kuffki, I know better than to argue with made up arguments so I won't

A handheld firearm designed to be easily concealed from observers along most of the electromagnetic spectrum.Projectiles is combination of boron and epoxy, with the propellant ignited by piezoelectrics.

Although such a weapon could possibly be reloaded, firing projectiles from the already-used launcher could overstress the ceramic body, causing it to explode. (Much like making a shell of clay around an air bubble, and attempting to bake it in a kiln.)

The talk of "ceramic gun" also referred to as plastic sometime started back in 1995, over the years they have perfected the technology.http://www.straightdope.com/columns/read/1202/is-it-possible-to-make-an-undetectable-nonmetal-gun

In 2002, such a gun was a made(http://www.highbeam....1-91489878.html) however after 2002 there is no mention if such a gun anywhere, until 2005-2006 when all plastic guns were found with metal barrel (as per 2 articles i had provided earlier).

However you will also note that when only a metal tube is showing up on xray in your hand luggage, it will not ring any bells, nor will your bag be opened to be checked(usually) because all they see is a small metal tube, which could easily be a pen.

"Ceramic gun" ie ceramic barrel with plastic is an existing product however it is not sold nor advertised to the public for obvious reasons.

I am sorry i can not provide you with a link to a shop that sells them, but not because i do not want too, but because it is not sold to the public, but all evidence shows that such a gun does exist and technology for making is in place and has been tested

The only downside to this product is that it can only be fired once for reasons explained in the beginning of this post

Edited by kuffki

Travelling by plane isn't really a human right, is it?

People do have a choice.

That's true. We could always build a raft or hire a hot air balloon.

But really, the way I see things is that airport security is caught between a rock and a hard place.

If something gets through the system and the worst happens, the airlines get kicked in the arse for it. If instead airport security decides to do a thorough job they are accused of being over zealous and then everyone complains. They are in a no win situation.

One way around the problem of full body scans would be to have two tier system in operation. One for females only and completely staffed by females and a duplicate system for males, although if anyone is desperate enough to want to see me naked, they are welcome.

Personally I would prefer to arrive at the airport early go through the security system knowing that I have a better chance of making it in one piece to my destination.

Not to rain on your parade.

But if they did not have security checks you would still have a better chance of getting to your destination on a plane than you have in your car. Why people worry so much over the event with the least chance of happening and in the same breath sanction the status quo on the event with the biggest chance of happening is beyond me. And I suspect them.

Threads like this just serve to feed paranoia.

If you insist on feeling better do strict security checks on the people who believe it is OK to bomb others because they are not a member of there religion or there particular sect or they want land giving to them. Checking people such as my self and you will do them no good. :D

Interestingly enough when I came back from the states in Sept. it was not until I flew from Bangkok to Chiang Mai that my tooth paste was taking. B)

Body Scanner Operator Caught Masturbating at Colorado Airport

August 4th, 2010

by Hugh Muzzbe, The Daily Squib

DENVER - USA - A full body scanner operator was caught masturbating during a scanning session by airport staff late Tuesday.

Airport officials at Denver International airport were on high alert yesterday when a full body scanner operator was caught masturbating in his booth as a team of High School netball players went through the scanner.

"The young ladies were going through the scanner one by one, and every time one went through, this guys face was getting redder and redder. His hand was moving and then he started sweating. He was then seen doing his 'O' face. That's when the security dragged him out of his booth and cuffed him. He had his pants round his ankles and everybody was really disgusted," Jeb Rather, a passenger on a flight to New York told CBS news... (Rest of story here)

Body Scanner Operator Caught Masturbating at Colorado Airport

August 4th, 2010

by Hugh Muzzbe, The Daily Squib

DENVER - USA - A full body scanner operator was caught masturbating during a scanning session by airport staff late Tuesday.

Airport officials at Denver International airport were on high alert yesterday when a full body scanner operator was caught masturbating in his booth as a team of High School netball players went through the scanner.

"The young ladies were going through the scanner one by one, and every time one went through, this guys face was getting redder and redder. His hand was moving and then he started sweating. He was then seen doing his 'O' face. That's when the security dragged him out of his booth and cuffed him. He had his pants round his ankles and everybody was really disgusted," Jeb Rather, a passenger on a flight to New York told CBS news... (Rest of story here)

You are aware that's a parody piece, right?

What gets up my nose is the Thai eagerness to confiscate any and all liquids and gels, whether in small containers or small amounts in used toothpaste tubes and the like.

I assume this is to do with the hydrogen peroxide nonsense from a few years back.

Hydrogen peroxide on it's own is not dangerous - it's the best thing for removing scabs from healing wounds, it is antiseptic and a mild solvent for many items.

Mixed with acetone it produces crystals of one of these acronym explosives TATP and mixed with hexamethylenetetramine it produces HMTD. Both have to be refined after the base is produced, a mild acid wash to take out the alkali contaminants and then assembled and packed for use. This is next to impossible to do on an aircraft, and the guys who were involved in the UK fiasco had no idea of what to do. It was all a show, just to panic the airlines and governments of the world. In that it was very effective.

But there is no need whatsoever for confiscation of liquids, of removal of shoes, of genital-groping thugs in the US and a dozen other stupid actions put on by 'airline security' to show that they are 'protecting' you. All this is is an inconvenience to the travelling public engineered by lazy management who reckon the more messing about with your boarding procedure there is - the less noise you will make about real security.

It costs just a few louts on minimum wage, rather than thinking up (almost) foolproof methods of ensuring real safety.