Health Check Up In Issan?

nellyp

At 47 I am way overdue for a medical, I want a full check including cancer checks (including skin...I have a few bumpy moles), liver, kidney, and heart. I have no idea if this is possible around Sisaket, or if I should travel to a better known hospital to a better known hospital with a good rep (anybody had any treatment around here?). Also does anybody have any ideas about the cost of such a medical. I have looked in the medical forum but am confused as the prices seem to go from 2,500 up to 20,000.

Any info greatly appreciated

if it's not too far for you, the International Hospital in Mukdahan has this service, My friend went there on Friday and it cost him only 1,000 baht. Japanese Doctor who speaks excellent English I understand..

I think it's about 3 hours to mukdahan from Sisaket so not too far, cost seems very good too. Do you know what kid of tests your friend had done and how long it took for the results. Also do they have their own lab or do they send specimens away. Sorry about these other questions and I understand it is not you that went through the prodedures. I just want as much info as I can get

Cheers for the fast reply

Neil

Any General Hospital can do your Annual Medical Check up. Tell them what you want, Some have package deals,or induvidual itemized. I had mine done last week in Buriram, no EKG, cost me 750.-

SiSaKit or Surin should be able to do. They all have their own lab.

Good Luck and Good Health

Any General Hospital can do your Annual Medical Check up. Tell them what you want, Some have package deals,or induvidual itemized. I had mine done last week in Buriram, no EKG, cost me 750.-

SiSaKit or Surin should be able to do. They all have their own lab.

Good Luck and Good Health

Would they be able to check my moles for skin cancer too? as I'm a bit worried about it.

Cheers

Neil

I had a medical check up in Rajavej Hospital in Ubon last week, and payed Baht 2500,- for a package, which included: chest X-ray, EKG, Ultrasound,- blood and urin test, doctors fee, and a full written report in both Thai and English sent to me by registered mail, which I received yesterday.

The 2 private hospitals in Ubon (Rajavej and Ubonrak) both do various packages. Sapphasit Government hospital also, but is very crowded, and for that reason I choose one of the private ones.

Ubon also have a hospital, specializing in cancer treatment, but you probably can get your skin checked in one of the others.

Edited by bergen

if it's not too far for you, the International Hospital in Mukdahan has this service, My friend went there on Friday and it cost him only 1,000 baht. Japanese Doctor who speaks excellent English I understand..

I think it's about 3 hours to mukdahan from Sisaket so not too far, cost seems very good too. Do you know what kid of tests your friend had done and how long it took for the results. Also do they have their own lab or do they send specimens away. Sorry about these other questions and I understand it is not you that went through the prodedures. I just want as much info as I can get

Cheers for the fast reply

Neil

I think Udon sounds a better deal and closer for you too. Mukdahan did all those tests listed and results within an hour. I think it's known as part of the Dr. Hahn(?) Group but I cannot find the web-site I previously used. Tel. no is 042 633301

I had a medical check up in Rajavej Hospital in Ubon last week, and payed Baht 2500,- for a package, which included: chest X-ray, EKG, Ultrasound,- blood and urin test, doctors fee, and a full written report in both Thai and English sent to me by registered mail, which I received yesterday.

The 2 private hospitals in Ubon (Rajavej and Ubonrak) both do various packages. Sapphasit Government hospital also, but is very crowded, and for that reason I choose one of the private ones.

Ubon also have a hospital, specializing in cancer treatment, but you probably can get your skin checked in one of the others.

I had the same check up at Rajavet a couple of months ago - very good value, well satisfied. I have heard good comments regarding the cancer centre in Ubon too, and know a few Thais who have been treated there.

Elwood

i have been to the private hospital in Sisaket to get some prices. it's 2,800 for the same package as in Ubon, obviously I have no idea if it is any good. I like the idea of the report being in English so I will check on that in Sisaket. I can't make up my mind about the ECG as I thnk all is well there. It costs 250 per mole for removal and 1000 for each one to be sent for a biopse. Does anyone know if I need all moles removed sent for a biopse or is it just one?.

I have A friend who is A surgeon.He lives in Khon Kaen.Pm me i'll ask him for A doctor there that he would recommend.

Hi i am looking at getting all the tests done in khon kaen do you or your doctor friend have a recommendation for a hospital offering this service in khon kaen.

thanks nev

The university hospital in KK (Srinakarin?) has an excellent rep as being the best in Issan. And being a govt hospital it should be reasonably priced.

Thanks mate i will check out this place when i go too KK next week.