Christmas Dinner Buffet

rickthailand

I think the hotels and restaurants are just getting over Thanksgiving and are getting ready to advertise their Christmas menu which will probably be out early December. Last year went to Buomissimo and it was excellent but its now closed. Waiting to see if Holiday Inn are doing something again this year as an alternative

I would imagine any of the places that gave a good Thanksgiving, will also do a good Christmas dinner (but not all do buffets).

Check out the Thanksgiving threads.

The septics might do a good Thanksgiving uptheos but i'm not sure that they could cook a real english xmas dinner ;):D.

Holiday Inn, best value by a mile for us.

Do they 'English' xmas lunch?

English American Japanese etc. :)

Last year spoiled for choice, beef,turkey,lamb,chicken, Yorkshire puds etc etc.

The lunch is 1530฿ per head but if you pay before 20th it is 1200฿ per head.

(Gulps)

Ok!!!

David

Includes all drinks?

(Gulps)

Ok!!!

David

Includes all drinks?

Yes!- tea coffee and some fruit juices. :)

The first time I went to Xmas dinner there it was called the Westin Hotel and it cost 500 baht - the regular buffet was 150 - if I remember correctly). At that time, it had amazing Western food that you could not get elsewhere in Chiang Mai.

How time flies.

My mother in law booked 4 of us in for the Olde Bell - can't recall their price so will have to dig out the menu, thinks its 3 courses - but seemed to have all I want for a british christmas lunch hope they have plenty of classic festive tunes going throughout the day :)

I would imagine any of the places that gave a good Thanksgiving, will also do a good Christmas dinner (but not all do buffets).

Check out the Thanksgiving threads.

The septics might do a good Thanksgiving uptheos but i'm not sure that they could cook a real english xmas dinner ;):D.

You're probably right mate. I came across this on the net and it's from an American website. It's listed as a "Traditional English Christmas Dinner". I know they have maple syrup on their sausage and bacon with pancakes, but this is a bit much.

Brussels with maple syrup???? bah.gif

Edited by uptheos

It is a website for "gourmet" food. They always feel necessary to innovate. Brussels sprouts with maple syrup does sound disgusting though. velmo8.gif

Actually, the menu doesn't sound bad at all until the Brussels part. I can't stand them at the best of times, but I can't imagine them with maple syrup.......how to get them down? huh.gif

It is a website for "gourmet" food. They always feel necessary to innovate. Brussels sprouts with maple syrup does sound disgusting though. velmo8.gif

Actually, the menu doesn't sound bad at all until the Brussels part. I can't stand them at the best of times, but I can't imagine them with maple syrup.......how to get them down? huh.gif

My catering consultant, a Ms Mary Poppins, reliably informs me that "a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down", so perhaps the same might apply to Brussels Sprouts too ? :rolleyes:

My catering consultant, a Ms Mary Poppins, reliably informs me that "a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down", so perhaps the same might apply to Brussels Sprouts too ? :rolleyes:

The frogs are correct on one thing, the Brit's have never been known for their culinary delights. I prefer ketchup on my sprouts.:lol:

The frogs are correct on one thing, the Brit's have never been known for their culinary delights. I prefer ketchup on my sprouts.:lol:

Hey squire, we don't have maple syrup on anything, it's an American website trying to invent a British Xmas dinner. smile.gif