M-M-M-M-Uesli...

Soulwy

Some people like muesli for breakfast, others like it...any time of the day wub.gif I went to different supermarkets and health stores and tried several brands. But in this house a 500 gram of muesli doesn't last very long, so what I have on my list for this week is to find muesli and dried fruit in bulk and compose a custom made amuse-me-muesli.

I found this article about muesli & thailand

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:kvRocIjvq_EJ:www.aimforawesome.com/body-mind-issues/create-your-own-breakfast-of-champions/+muesli+thailand&cd=9&hl=nl&ct=clnk

I'll look for dried fruits & nuts at Warorot, for muesli I'll have a look at the Makro just as the article mentioned.

Any other suggestions are more than welcomeani.gif !

When you can tell us anything that has to do with muesli/granola...please share!

-Y-o-g-h-u-r-t

So far I found yogurt in 1/2 liter (in a white cup with blue letters, around 55 baht) and 1 liter home made yoghurt at Eden Health Store for 145 baht.

Are these the only options for larger amounts of yoghurt?

I'm also partial to the oaty goodness. I used to make my own but got lazy shopping around for bits.

Makro have their own museli now (1kg bag) and it's better + cheaper than Hanne. Might be worth checking out. I have my museli with a load of fresh fruit, so don't like it with too many bits already in it. I usually water mine down with a couple of bags of plain oats.

Guano

I add dried fruit that I buy at the fresh market where Suthep rd. meets 121, it's on the corner kind of hidden inside but takes up the whole corner. Also I like the prunes at the market in Bosang, 300 bht a kilo (also hidden inside behind the clothes stores on the corner of 1006 at Bosang cntr.). For the nuts I buy cashews bulk at Makro uncooked and roast them. I serve it with soy milk, homemade when we feel like making it, or with goat's milk yogurt made in Hang Dong. Drizzled with honey (the real stuff, not diluted with cane sugar that is often sold as pure in the markets in old bottles), Chiang Mai Pure Honey is good and they let you taste the different kinds in their store near the Night Bazaar, I'm currently using the wild flower. My girlfriends kids love it and ask for "falang food" all the time!

Prices can vary of course. But my last purchase was at Yok - cheaper than Macro at that time.

Yok also have large bags of oats,very competitive price. Som wil say it reduces cholestrol,mix it up with your muesli some banana,mango and papaya and your in business. T Max tea bags from raming tea are also consideraby cheaper than Lipton without any noticable difference in quality

I'm a Muslix fan too and I've decided to come out of the closet thanks to this post! I've noted some great suggestions. As for me, I combine the Hahne muslix with instant oatmeal and I add a bit of cinnamon (which I buy at Warorot) along with banana and raisin. I usually just add boiling water and a little bit of Carnation milk.

I'm also partial to the oaty goodness. I used to make my own but got lazy shopping around for bits.

Makro have their own museli now (1kg bag) and it's better + cheaper than Hanne. Might be worth checking out. I have my museli with a load of fresh fruit, so don't like it with too many bits already in it. I usually water mine down with a couple of bags of plain oats.

Guano

The Muesli at Makro is ARO brand, 145 baht for the 1 kg bag.

Guano

Is ARO made by Makro?

Guano

Is ARO made by Makro?

It's their "house brand". Same in Europe; ARO brand products sold at Makro.

Guano

Is ARO made by Makro?

That I don't know. Wandering around in a Makro would lead a person to think so from the availability of all sorts of goods with ARO brand name on them.

Thank for this great post Soulwy I love Muesli and it can get quite expensive for a good brand thanks to this thread I'm going to save for my swimming pool . BTW try with black sesame soy milk .

Haha... biggrin.gif

Black sesame soy milk pure or sweetened?

I usually get the cheap ones may be made by some farang in Chiangmai he calls it granola something it is toasted and pretty good

You mean home made granola at Rimping's for 140baht/ 500 gram? Baked in honey...all natural? One of the best on the shelves.

Edited by Soulwy

I add dried fruit that I buy at the fresh market where Suthep rd. meets 121, it's on the corner kind of hidden inside but takes up the whole corner. Also I like the prunes at the market in Bosang, 300 bht a kilo (also hidden inside behind the clothes stores on the corner of 1006 at Bosang cntr.). For the nuts I buy cashews bulk at Makro uncooked and roast them. I serve it with soy milk, homemade when we feel like making it, or with goat's milk yogurt made in Hang Dong. Drizzled with honey (the real stuff, not diluted with cane sugar that is often sold as pure in the markets in old bottles), Chiang Mai Pure Honey is good and they let you taste the different kinds in their store near the Night Bazaar, I'm currently using the wild flower. My girlfriends kids love it and ask for "falang food" all the time!

I would Love to be a (good eating) friend of yours. :licklips:

I serve it with soy milk, homemade when we feel like making it, or with goat's milk yogurt made in Hang Dong. Drizzled with honey (the real stuff, not diluted with cane sugar that is often sold as pure in the markets in old bottles), Chiang Mai Pure Honey is good and they let you taste the different kinds in their store near the Night Bazaar, I'm currently using the wild flower. My girlfriends kids love it and ask for "falang food" all the time!

Where can one buy this goat's milk yoghurt made in hang dong?

Where can i buy chiang mai pure honey? Where is their store?

Haha I thought they should be because at the time it was the last one on the shelves.  Sometime I soak oats overnight with apple juice and add other fruit bits and yogurt in the morning to make muesli  great!

I usually get the cheap ones may be made by some farang in Chiangmai he calls it granola something it is toasted and pretty good

You mean home made granola at Rimping's for 140baht/ 500 gram? Baked in honey...all natural? One of the best on the shelves.

Prices can vary of course. But my last purchase was at Yok - cheaper than Macro at that time.

What and where is Yok?

Yok International. Wholesalers for caterers but will serve retail customers

Opposite Macro on the super highway

I would Love to be a (good eating) friend of yours. :licklips:

You can be just send $9.99 to ..., but seriously I love to eat out and cook and have ppl. over at home. I'm new to CM and live in San Sai, eat mainly healthy stuff but never late for any kind of dinner!! Have some nice wild venison in the freezer and just finished a glace de viande (demi-glace) to make a nice red wine reduction sauce to serve with it but my Thai family is not to interested in Classical French cuisine. I'd be up for a supper club or just a casual feed!

I serve it with soy milk, homemade when we feel like making it, or with goat's milk yogurt made in Hang Dong. Drizzled with honey (the real stuff, not diluted with cane sugar that is often sold as pure in the markets in old bottles), Chiang Mai Pure Honey is good and they let you taste the different kinds in their store near the Night Bazaar, I'm currently using the wild flower. My girlfriends kids love it and ask for "falang food" all the time!

Where can one buy this goat's milk yoghurt made in hang dong?

Where can i buy chiang mai pure honey? Where is their store?

Goat yogurt at Dacheeso factory in Hang Dong and Chiang Mai Pure Honey down the street from night market (st. name other poster posted, new and confused about names and directions but I find em'!!)

Inspired. Today I found and easier brew, albeit now facing extinction, with the buy out by BigC. Carrefour has a home brand 750g (25% Fruit) on special for 120Bht, and a 750g Chocolate Muesli at 99Bht. Combined with a few extra hand fulls of raisins from Makro and a bit of dried Mango (I like fruity) and there is near 2kg for 200-250 odd Baht. Yeah I know purist will shudder at the Chocolate, but what can I say, I was raised on CocoPops not Cornflakes.....lol I think I will bolster it with the Corn Flakes though as well. Loved the storage idea, have stolen that for sure. Cheers

Oz