Getting Out To The Football At 700 Year Stadium

ctrunfree

Thinking of going out to watch the football at 700 year stadium on Saturday but have never been out there before. What's the best way of getting out there from town (don't have own wheels), and do you need to buy a ticket in advance?

Even better, if there's a group of Thavisa people going out as a group and don't mind an extra tagging along I'd be keen to do that.

Hi mate, if your talking about the Chiang Mai Vs Phicit game its been put back a week until the 11th due to this weekend being the Kings birthday. If your still in Chiang Mai and want to go to the game on the 11th a group of us meet at the Red Lion Pub on the night bizzare a couple of hours before the game for a few beers. Theres always room in a car for a lift up to the ground and back. The more the merrier. Hope to see you on the 11th about 4pm, there is also a chiang mai fc thread on thai visa in this forum with all the latest updates and banter etc. Here is the Link

Edited by thaimiller

Hi mate, if your talking about the Chiang Mai Vs Phicit game its been put back a week until the 11th due to this weekend being the Kings birthday. If your still in Chiang Mai and want to go to the game on the 11th a group of us meet at the Red Lion Pub on the night bizzare a couple of hours before the game for a few beers. Theres always room in a car for a lift up to the ground and back. The more the merrier. Hope to see you on the 11th about 4pm, there is also a chiang mai fc thread on thai visa in this forum with all the latest updates and banter etc. Here is the Link

Hi, and thanks for the tip about the postponement. A pregame drink sounds excellent. (Although I'm an Aussie by birth, i've still got aunts in Hoyland Common and Kimberworth!)

Hi, and thanks for the tip about the postponement. A pregame drink sounds excellent. (Although I'm an Aussie by birth, i've still got aunts in Hoyland Common and Kimberworth!)

Ah, I've just noticed this clashes with the Thaivisa Xmas party (wonder why the Football League didn't think of that?). Might have to be the game on 18 December, if that's still on schedule.

There's a very good chance we may know some of your family then as both Thaimiller and myself are from Rotherham. I know Kimberworth quite well and have quite a bit of family myself up that side of town.

I also know Hoyland as well, I've friends / ex work mates up there and played rugby up there many moons ago.

Small world eh? lol

Ah, I've just noticed this clashes with the Thaivisa Xmas party (wonder why the Football League didn't think of that?). Might have to be the game on 18 December, if that's still on schedule.

The home game on the 18th is now Xmas day( all the games have gone back by a week) which should be fun, regarding the 11th the game finishes at 7.45 so plenty of time to get to the thai visa party, both myself and Mr Clough will be going there straight form the game. I know Kimberworth very well, I used to live a couple of mile away when I was back in the UK.

..... regarding the 11th the game finishes at 7.45 so plenty of time to get to the thai visa party, both myself and Mr Clough will be going there straight form the game.

Hello Play-mates,

That sounds like a good day out. Red Lion for pre-match banter and Happy Hour drinks, a good game of footy followed by free food and drinks at the ThaiVisa xmas party at The Olde Bell. If you're going to write a song about it may I suggest a title .... Perfect Day.

Edited by Ticketyboo

..... regarding the 11th the game finishes at 7.45 so plenty of time to get to the thai visa party, both myself and Mr Clough will be going there straight form the game.

Hello Play-mates,

That sounds like a good day out. Red Lion for pre-match banter and Happy Hour drinks, a good game of footy followed by free food and drinks at the ThaiVisa xmas party at The Olde Bell. If you're going to write a song about it may I suggest a title .... Perfect Day.

It could well be the title as we could also be celebrating promotion as well that day! :bow:

There's a very good chance we may know some of your family then as both Thaimiller and myself are from Rotherham. I know Kimberworth quite well and have quite a bit of family myself up that side of town.

I also know Hoyland as well, I've friends / ex work mates up there and played rugby up there many moons ago.

Small world eh? lol

Know the family? Given the number of my aunts, uncles and cousins poking about in that neck of the woods you probably ARE family...

Drinks + football+ Thaivisa party sounds very attractive!!

just out of interest, how many Pints do you knock back at the "Night Bizarre" before u ride your car to the Stadium ? :whistling:

just out of interest, how many Pints do you knock back at the "Night Bizarre" before u ride your car to the Stadium ? :whistling:

not that it is anything to do with you, I usually have 2 pints of heineken with a meal and a few soda's. And I usually drive the car there as riding on top of it would be very stupid as someone would have to push and my passengers are usually too pissed from the 16 pints they have drunk in the pub. Hope this answers your question Mr. Policeman wannabe.

Edited by thaimiller

Gee officer Dibble, I usually have around 3-4 pints but I'm a passenger. Hope I'm not over the limit to spectate :cheesy:

:burp:

Gee officer Dibble, I usually have around 3-4 pints but I'm a passenger. Hope I'm not over the limit to spectate :cheesy:

At my stage of life, I'm less worried about how many pints I take in than I am about where and when I'll need to let them out!

Royal Chiang Mai Utd? which shirt is that?

I just noticed the club shop is across the road from where I'm staying...but I doubt they have my size...

They do a 3xl size but its only probably a xl in western sizes.

Edited by thaimiller