Is It Possible To Extend 15 Day Land Border Ve Stamp?

Is it possible to extend the 15 day land border visa exempt stamp? My current visa finishes on December 7 but I'm not scheduled to fly out until December 25. If I do a border run I get 15 days but that still leaves me with 3 days of no visa. Is it possible to extend the stamp for 7 days?

• 3 weeks later...

I was able to extend the visa and I also had to get a new passport as my old one was full. The Canadian embassy gave me my old passport back but didn't transfer the visa to the new one.

Can I take my old passport to the border and show them the visa or do I need to transfer it to the new passport? If I have to transfer the visa where in BKK do I do that?

You go to the same place you obtained the extension of stay. Only your old passport number and current extension of stay will be entered into the new passport. Have copies of data pages of both and entry/extension stamps as well as departure card. No charge but will take a few minutes. If you wait until airport it might be OK but then again you could miss your flight; best to do at immigration office.