Honda Eco-Car Prototype Unveiled

The new Honda "Brio" eco-car protoype unveiled at the 2010 Thailand Motor Expo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xC38_QacBc

hondabrioprototype1.jpg

hondabrioprototype2.jpg

hondabrioprototype3.jpg

This prototype was said to be very close to the final production spec, and it would appear to be the case.

Sales start March 2011.

Some key points:

* 5L/100km (20km/l) fuel efficiency.

* 3610mm long, 1680mm wide, 1475mm high

* Based on "man maximum, machine minimum" concept

* Starting prices under 500,000 Baht (as mandated by the eco-car scheme)

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

Update: Pricing is targeted to start from 400,000 Baht according to Honda Thailand.

yepp 399k baht

very nice eco car, a bit of Civic II rear styling, to bad they didnt keep the Alfa rear door handles as previously presented, but I guess these doorhandles are more easy to find for granny :)

any news on production and sales start?

are there any more details on specifications available at the show? I'm curious if they also use the same stop/start technomogy to get their 20 km/l as in the march. It looks like a nice car, nicer than the march too. I can see this cutting even further into the sales of the jazz.

are there any more details on specifications available at the show? I'm curious if they also use the same stop/start technomogy to get their 20 km/l as in the march. It looks like a nice car, nicer than the march too. I can see this cutting even further into the sales of the jazz.

No, still not even a statement on what engine it will have..

And yes, that's Honda's conundrum - how to keep this from eating into sales of Jazz and City, seeing as many customers buy those models for no other reason than they're the cheapest way to own a new Honda. Same dilemma for Toyota when/if they do an eco-car. Toyota pulled out of the program on the basis that they didn't have an export market for one (and the domestic market alone couldn't support it), but there's no doubt that cannibalizing their own sales was a big part of their decision.No such fear for Nissan of course, because no-one buys the Tiida anyway ;)

Edited by MoonRiverOasis