Carb For Sr 400 Yamaha Or Somebody Nice To Buy It!

Roachiebkk

Hi,

Well nearly a year passed since leaving the shores of Thailand. I still have my Yamaha SR 400 for sale in Bangkok but unfortunately you get these 'bargain-hounds' who naturally think because you are leaving or have left Thailand that they can smartly pick up some super bargain. Well not the situation with me I'm proud to say. Anyway my friend who is using the bike and who is supervising the sale of it had told me that the carby on the SR needs replacing, there is some crack in the casing. We need to find someone who might have some old parts laying around for SR's. One person comes to mind, a guy called Mr X, who also runs a leather shop stand in Central Pinklao from time to time but I don't have his contact details.

Case for Mikuni BST34 carburettor

So, what I'm asking are these questions.........

Does anybody want to buy my well loved beautiful SR 400 kitted out like a classic Velocette?

Does anybody know where I can pick up some cheap secondhand parts especially a carby casing?

Does anybody know Mr X, the SR King?

or

Does anyone know details of the Bangkok SR 400 bike club?

Thanks in advance

Roachie

hi roachie, sorry cant help about the carb. But do your SR have a green book? And how much u want for it? Thanks

By they way nearly all and quite cheap motorcycle spare parts u can get on Worachat market, not far from Democracy monument.

Edited by Hili

hi roachie, sorry cant help about the carb. But do your SR have a green book? And how much u want for it? Thanks

laugh.giflaugh.gif

but unfortunately you get these 'bargain-hounds' who naturally think because you are leaving or have left Thailand that they can smartly pick up some super bargain.

laugh.giflaugh.gif

but unfortunately you get these 'bargain-hounds' who naturally think because you are leaving or have left Thailand that they can smartly pick up some super bargain.

I like SRs and SRs with green book are quite rare as u maybe know. Me no bargain-hounter....

There are quite a few places you can go/look.

A good shop is thaigigabike.com in Bkk, I can give you the address, but don't have it with me right now.

Or you could check these websites: http://www.thaiscooter.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=98&page=1&order=desc...lots of second hand parts

or

http://www.srthailand.com/forums/index.php (some English speaking members too) with classifieds section

You're saying the book is from Pitsanulok, but I think its Pratchinburi (at least thats what my wife said when I was interested in buying it a few months back). Pratchinburi is the preferred place to register the bikes, as it's still possible...somehow...

Bangkok books are more rare. There is a Thai guy is is very knowledgable and who claims he can get 100%clean books for 60.000Bht, registered in Bkk. He's done it before for a couple of Harleys, but not on a SR so far.

I ordered mine at gigabike just last Sunday and it should be ready by Christmas, unless it 's a Thai-time calculation...Had I known your bike was still for sale, I would have probably gone for it. Oh well...

Ray in Chiang Mai was looking for an SR...try to contact him

http://classifieds.thaivisa.com/automotives-vehicles/motorcycles/wanted-yam-sr-400-500-75553.html

good luck

post-47052-0-15106000-1291285532_thumb.j

laugh.giflaugh.gif

I like SRs and SRs with green book are quite rare as u maybe know. Me no bargain-hounter....

It's an SR, it has a GREEN BOOK and it's even a Green Book for an SR!!!!!!!

Sorry cannot help you with a Mikuni BST34, but maybe I can help in the form of a brand new Mikuni VM34 (Round Slide VM Series) carburettor - the Mikuni VM34 is officially for the Suzuki TM400 and it's on stock in Thailand.

"This will fit and function on the SR400? They are both original thumpers and the same general configuration, so it seems likely as long as the carbie is set up properly... can you PM me with details about price, etc.?"

Are we meant to guess the price then ? :blink:

How do you expect to sell it without telling us ? :o

60k, Green Book (even an SR 400 Green Book!) I'll get the guy who is taking care of it in BKK to update the tv.com ad. In the meantime anyone can pm me.

Cheers from chilly Istanbul

Sorry cannot help you with a Mikuni BST34, but maybe I can help in the form of a brand new Mikuni VM34 (Round Slide VM Series) carburettor - the Mikuni VM34 is officially for the Suzuki TM400 and it's on stock in Thailand.

"This will fit and function on the SR400? They are both original thumpers and the same general configuration, so it seems likely as long as the carbie is set up properly... can you PM me with details about price, etc.?"

The only problem I can see is the connection, the Mikuni VM34 Round Slide has a slide connection of 40mm diameter. The price is about 3,300 Baht (including tax) new in box and 1-year warranty.

• 1 month later...

Hi

I think the best thing would be to post your queries on srthailand.com. There are a few guys who can speak English too and I'm sure they could help you out.

Problem: to post you need to register and the website asks you a couple of questions to which you have to answer in Thai. (my wife did it for me)

Solution: You can send me whatever you want to post and I'll post it for you. Make sure to add your email, so they can contact you directly.