WikiLeaks alleged Russia bribed Bout witnesses

webfact

I was responding the other poster that intimated his lawyer was not trustworthy. I've never met the guy nor am I ever likely to meet him. Assange has a very very well respected barrister on his way to assist. Geoffrey Robertson.

I know you were...;)

Note: Is it correct that both Mr. Mark Stephens and Mr Geoffrey Robertson are his barristers/solicitors/lawyers ?

* http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mark_Stephens_%28solicitor%29

* http://www.geoffreyrobertson.com/practice.htm

LaoPo

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't know about Stevens. I hear on the news today that Robertson is on his way over from Australia. I don't know if it will do him much good on the extradition though. I think it's a given that he will end up in Sweden, the fun starts after he gets there. I don't expect that bit to last too long.

I don't know about Stevens. I hear on the news today that Robertson is on his way over from Australia. I don't know if it will do him much good on the extradition though. I think it's a given that he will end up in Sweden, the fun starts after he gets there. I don't expect that bit to last too long.

Julian Assange's Solicitor Mark Stephens on BBC television: BBC 1 London 5th December 2010

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pWp8LS2Ioqo

LaoPo

Maybe his lawyer isn't trustworthy but our foreign minister also raised that concern. Not that I'd trust him either. :D

Why would anybody say Assange's lawyer in London is dishonest and not trustworthy?

No one said that. What was said is that his lawyer is "about as honest and trustworthy as Thaksin's is". Are you saying that Thaksin's lawyer is "dishonest and not trustworthy'? Dangerous and not very gentleman-like. :rolleyes:

Maybe his lawyer isn't trustworthy but our foreign minister also raised that concern. Not that I'd trust him either. :D

Why would anybody say Assange's lawyer in London is dishonest and not trustworthy?

No one said that. What was said is that his lawyer is "about as honest and trustworthy as Thaksin's is". Are you saying that Thaksin's lawyer is "dishonest and not trustworthy'? Dangerous and not very gentleman-like. :rolleyes:

Seems to be quite your forte doesn't it. Imply something then when questioned on it, you deny you said it. Good politician, talk a lot but say nothing.

Why don't you tell us what you meant then.

Edited by Wallaby

You'd have to say that his lawyer is doing what any other defence lawyer would do..act in the best interests of his client.Wouldn't go down that path of questioning an individuals integrity neither(especially the law fraternity)..that's unless you have adequate evidence to back it up.!After analysing much of what was said in the BBC interview,I think everyone has to ask themselves did Julian Assange deserve to go on' Interpols most wanted list'..having never actually been charged yet for any crime?...According to his lawyer the Swedish prosecuter just wants to interveiw him before deciding if charges are forthcoming..read into that what you want and draw your own conclusion!Again at the core of all of this is the question has Assange actually committed any crime at all by releasing 216 of the 250,000 documents so far?The Americans seem to think so..but careful study of their statutes say otherwise,hence new laws will be introduced and passed 'el pronto' to protect their intelligence gathering regime!John Pilger today branded it 'criminolising journalism' if Assange is charged!

Edited by sydneyjed

No one said that. What was said is that his lawyer is "about as honest and trustworthy as Thaksin's is".

You most certainly gave the impression that Assange's Lawyer is not honest and trustworthy.

LaoPo