Bars Open On Dec. 5?

toenail

Some years they are open, some years they are closed. So I put that question to a Thai who was the manager of a bar which I visited last week.

The answer:

The bars will not be required to close this year. Our bar will not close. The King wants all to be happy and enjoy on his birthday this year.

My interpretation, 50/50!

You always can't trust managers! :whistling:

Edited by BB1950

For some reason this year, instead of waiting until the evening of the 4th, the cops already brought the notices around several days ago telling the bars that they CAN open this year on December 5th. So party on... :partytime2:

I am advised that here in Bangkok, alcohol will not be sold from 6pm, Fri 3rd to some unknown point on Sunday due to local elections, 7-11 have withdrawn sales at Fri eve. A Thai friend told me that these local elections were being held in several parts of the country and so it would be a 'dry' weekend in many places, I am advised that Soi Cowboy will not be serving beer, so what about Pattaya? will one be able to legally buy a drink there and not upset the democratic process?

Update to my earlier post: I've now heard from several ladies working in GoGo bars that they have been told by their eminent employers to take Sunday off. Whether this is due to their bosses' kind hearts, or a closure letter from the police, I have no idea.

So it all seems up in the air again when I was stupid enough to think that - for once - sanity had prevailed in the Extreme City. :crazy:

Edited by Guderian

I am confused

My wife just rang the "Big Boss" at Bsnglamung licencing and was told that he had been instructed by BKK Police "... all bars MUST close at midnight Saturday 4/12 and reopen Midnight Sunday 5/12. He understands that the BIB will be out in force and that they are very serious this year.... He is supplying staff to assist in surveilence and that hotel/Bar/restaraunts can not serve alcohol...."

<deleted> !!! I will probably only cater to bona fide guests & "friends"

Would appreciate any informed responses

Happy Birthday everyone

"By coincidence" .... just got brought a drink at my bar by a Major who came to "let me know" no alcohol after midnight but restaraunts are OK to open!!

He was off to watch Thailand v Malaysia.

I am getting better at reading between the lines

For some reason this year, instead of waiting until the evening of the 4th, the cops already brought the notices around several days ago telling the bars that they CAN open this year on December 5th. So party on... :partytime2:

"So sorry... typing error should read CAN NOT so now can I have "tea money"

Just been to Chaiyapruek 2 in Jomtien to watch the football - police came this afternoon and said no drinks tonight and tomorrow - 4/5 Dec Most places are empty.

Blues Factory reports they are open - Walking Street must be in a different country. TIT

Wasn't there anounced by the government that for royal celebrations the bar didn't have to close anymore.

Did you see the announcement? If so where?

Has there ever been an announcement to this effect?

TIT

Wasn't there anounced by the government that for royal celebrations the bar didn't have to close anymore.

Did you see the announcement? If so where?

Has there ever been an announcement to this effect?

TIT

Yes I saw the announcement and I am sure that I read it on this forum but I can't be ar*ed to go look it up.

the 2 lovejoys and robin plus lots of others in jontiem closed

cars outside shenanigans and they usually open no matter what

that open bar at bottom of chaiyapruek / beach road will be open also dont know about 7 / 11's but traffic awful now jontiem end.

got up at 6 go temple yawn so kip now then dwinkies aft sess. with usual suspects ha ha

Just been to Chaiyapruek 2 in Jomtien to watch the football - police came this afternoon and said no drinks tonight and tomorrow - 4/5 Dec Most places are empty.

Blues Factory reports they are open - Walking Street must be in a different country. TIT

Blues Factory was open last night as was the whole of Walking st with no shutdowns, Tonight however we are closed.

:)

It will be a bit chaotic if they do come round at 12 and close everywhere.

An absolute nightmare, chaotic, dangerous, volatile etc etc etc. :)

Why did you say @ 15:34

"We will be closed." ?

I meant sunday not saturday, i've decided to close tonight no matter what.

:)

Edited by Blues Factory