Is Thailand A Paradise For Involuntary Celebates?

drronnie

The Thai women I mix with certainly dont see anything attractive with the farang misfits wandering around these shores.

For examples of the above take a visit to , the FC in Surin, The Mall Korat, Tesco/Lotus On Nut, try the dining room in the Nana hotel in the morning it resembles some sort of chamber of horrors or a theatre of the absurd.

That's funny, good work rgs2001. biggrin.gif

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Thai women I mix with certainly dont see anything attractive with the farang misfits wandering around these shores.

For examples of the above take a visit to , the FC in Surin, The Mall Korat, Tesco/Lotus On Nut, try the dining room in the Nana hotel in the morning it resembles some sort of chamber of horrors or a theatre of the absurd.

Would a 32 year old, Eurasian with overweight be seen as a misfit?

Would he care what others thought ?

I thought rgs2001's comment was funny, I was imagining the scenarios, of course, I'm sure rgs2001 is himself a man with a body like a Greek god and very handsome. smile.gif

Edited by MrsMills

Would he care what others thought ?

I thought rgs2001's comment was funny, I was imagining the scenarios, of course, I'm sure rgs2001 is himself a man with a body like a Greek god and very handsome. smile.gif

Apparently Drronnie cares very much as he started the topic.

Yeah most of them would give Quasimodo a run for his money in an ugly <deleted> competition.

If you cant attract a woman at home why will you be able to attract one here?

That is a lazy perspective to take. It simply isn't true as a generalization.

It isn't about attracting "a woman." It is about attracting the right woman. There are many younger men who are coming to Thailand today because they can't find women in the West who are interested in marriage and starting a family. Talk about kids with a 25 year old farang woman, and more often than not you get the look like you have just asked her to stick her head in a blender. It is hard for many intelligent, well groomed under 30 men, to meet someone in their early 20's interested in marriage and family.

Now, Thailand has its own set of problems, but generally if you meet a woman here, it is still highly likely that she will be open to the idea of family, even at the cost of her "career". I will admit it's changing for sure. This was much more likely a decade ago, and the window to experience this is closing fast as Thais become more Westernized.

But to say that everyone who comes to Thailand looking for love is Quasimodo is simply refusing to recognize the very real problems of meeting quality women in the diseased culture that Farangland has created.

There was an article I remember reading that most women in their 30's who are still single and searching regret not having settled for someone who was "almost" right earlier in her life. Now that she is ready, the good men have dried up. My take on that is all those men who were dumped for being "almost, but not quite," fled to Thailand where they were viewed as the catch of a lifetime.

Edited by gregb

Finding a companion is not wholly dependent upon appearances. Sure, it you look like Brad Pitt rather than Danny Devito, you might have an easier time with a larger pool of prospective friends. But the Devitos of the world can find partners, too.

While in the Marines, I had a member of my platoon who was a pretty good-looking guy. OK, not pretty good-lucking, but dam_n handsome. In the US, he never had a date as he was too shy. But when getting ready to go to the Philippines, the other Marines kept telling him that Filipinas love Americans, are "easy to get," etc. What this did was give him the confidence to try and find a woman there, and of course he was successful. And that gave him further confidence. (And when we returned to the US, he took this new-found confidence with women there and ended up with a pretty active social life.)

So if a person is in "involuntary celibacy," well, any change of venue might help. If coming to Thailand gives him/her the confidence to go out and seek companionship, then he/she will probably be successful.

You pretty much nailed it, Bonobo. Confidence is the key, and without it the women tend to back off as well. But, there is a HUGE difference between confident and being pushy. I've seen some pretty homely looking guys who were chick magnets. But those guys had confidence and a lot of charm. I had a good friend (died just recently) who was quite homely and without a great physique, but he always had the most gorgeous women hanging around him.

i'm quite the contradiction then. i loved women in the west as they seemed to see past my skin colour and generally were of similar means and social standing. i find women here that would fit that spec too hard to find and i'm happy to abstain while here.

With the Western woman I think you will find that they still believe that you guys are all hung like donkeys :-)

Well, in my experience, that stereotype has proven true. ;)

Loz, you're a teacher right? If women are not a reason to be in Thailand, are you not tempted to teach in a country that pays significantly more? I mean, I don't hear people say that teaching in Thailand is better than elsewhere, in fact I often hear the opposite, so I wonder why you pick this country?

maybe , he feels so,oooo important , in a third world country .

like many farangs who think, they are the best thing that has happened to thailand .

i include myself

LOL :jap: :jap: .

i'm quite the contradiction then. i loved women in the west as they seemed to see past my skin colour and generally were of similar means and social standing. i find women here that would fit that spec too hard to find and i'm happy to abstain while here.

With the Western woman I think you will find that they still believe that you guys are all hung like donkeys :-)

Well, in my experience, that stereotype has proven true. ;)

Lucky you :D

Yeah most of them would give Quasimodo a run for his money in an ugly <deleted> competition.

A Thai persons idea of attractive is not the same as a western persons.

The idea of beauty/ugly is very much related to the society you were brought up in.

In Thailand the over-riding factor in deciding beauty appears to be whiteness of skin.

Person with white skin = beautiful

Person with dark skin = ugly

Guess what, we westerners seem to mostly have white skin = beautiful/handsome

I don’t agree with that.

Worldwide the perception is that fair skin equates with wealth.

For example the West is wealthy and the East is poor, so anyone who originates from France must be wealthier then someone from India in the narrow minded viewpoints of many. It`s all to do with status symbols and stereotyping.

Even among the Thais the fairer skinned nationals of Chinese ancestry are inclined to be more prominent than the darker skinned country folk that are more likely to be poor farmers or in the peasantry. So those of Chinese appearance maybe more acceptable in middle and upper class circles.

Of course there are dark skinned people who are just as equal to fair people in status, but over many hundreds of years, the belief that race equals class and fair skin equals higher status is something that has been ingrained into societies, and as the wise man says; old beliefs and bigotries die hard.

Pensioner's expensive affair He fell in love with a Thai girl – and lost all his money

This is the story of Grandpa Hans-Werner (71), who fell in love with a Thai beauty and lost €20,000. Hans-Werner is from Paderborm North Rhine-Westphalia in Germany and used to worked as an accountant. When he finally retired he wanted to enjoy life.

But then his partner (65) died and the elderly man found comfort in the dainty Kim*.

The Thai girl was working in a brothel, and also posed naked online – plus she was considered an expert in erotic massage. One session with her cost €100.

Grandpa Hans-Werner was happy to cough up the cash, because the paid-for sex turned into love – or so he believed. He said: “She stayed the night at my place, we hatched plans for the future.”

Then, one day, Kim wanted his savings. “She begged me through tears: ‘My mother and siblings in Thailand desperately need help.’”

Love-stricken Hans-Werner gave her €8,000, and took out a loan for €12,000. “She wanted to pay it back in instalments.” But she didn’t.

And it got worse: All of a sudden, the Thai girl didn’t want to see the pensioner anymore. “When I wanted to bring her flowers, she slammed the door.”

Today Hans-Werner has recognised that his feelings were exploited: “I want my money back. She signed a loan note. If necessary, I’ll sue.”

*Name changed

See original article here:

http://www.bild.de/BILD/news/bild-english/world-news/2010/07/15/pensioner-expensive-affair/he-fell-in-love-with-thai-girl-then-lost-all-his-money.html

Pensioner's expensive affair He fell in love with a Thai girl – and lost all his money

This is the story of Grandpa Hans-Werner (71), who fell in love with a Thai beauty and lost €20,000. Hans-Werner is from Paderborm North Rhine-Westphalia in Germany and used to worked as an accountant. When he finally retired he wanted to enjoy life.

But then his partner (65) died and the elderly man found comfort in the dainty Kim*.

The Thai girl was working in a brothel, and also posed naked online – plus she was considered an expert in erotic massage. One session with her cost €100.

Grandpa Hans-Werner was happy to cough up the cash, because the paid-for sex turned into love – or so he believed. He said: "She stayed the night at my place, we hatched plans for the future."

Then, one day, Kim wanted his savings. "She begged me through tears: 'My mother and siblings in Thailand desperately need help.'"

Love-stricken Hans-Werner gave her €8,000, and took out a loan for €12,000. "She wanted to pay it back in instalments." But she didn't.

And it got worse: All of a sudden, the Thai girl didn't want to see the pensioner anymore. "When I wanted to bring her flowers, she slammed the door."

Today Hans-Werner has recognised that his feelings were exploited: "I want my money back. She signed a loan note. If necessary, I'll sue."

*Name changed

See original article here:

http://www.bild.de/B...-his-money.html

It could have been any local woman (years younger).

Sorry, no sympathy. He was stupid and deserved what he got - well and truly ripped off :lol:.

Good luck to him trying to sue......

Sex in Thailand is readily available in/from ????

taxi and motorcycle drivers?

colonic spas?

boxing training camps?

7/11s?

Really???

Maybe I ought to try out that advice next time I'm down visiting the Immigration Bureau at Chaeng Wattana.... What could go wrong with that??? whistling.gif

Readily available: Malls, universities, shops, markets, buses, trains, airplanes, taxi and motorcycle taxi drivers, hospitals, beaches, waterfalls, optometrists offices, skin clinics, clinic clinics, weight loss centers, colonic spas, boxing training camps, concerts, government offices, auto dealerships, real estate firms, tire shops, restaurants and food stands, and of course the usual places, massage, Karaoke places, 7/11's and the others.

A Thai persons idea of attractive is not the same as a western persons.

The idea of beauty/ugly is very much related to the society you were brought up in.

In Thailand the over-riding factor in deciding beauty appears to be whiteness of skin.

Person with white skin = beautiful

Person with dark skin = ugly

Guess what, we westerners seem to mostly have white skin = beautiful/handsome

I don’t agree with that.

Worldwide the perception is that fair skin equates with wealth.

For example the West is wealthy and the East is poor, so anyone who originates from France must be wealthier then someone from India in the narrow minded viewpoints of many. It`s all to do with status symbols and stereotyping.

Even among the Thais the fairer skinned nationals of Chinese ancestry are inclined to be more prominent than the darker skinned country folk that are more likely to be poor farmers or in the peasantry. So those of Chinese appearance maybe more acceptable in middle and upper class circles.

Of course there are dark skinned people who are just as equal to fair people in status, but over many hundreds of years, the belief that race equals class and fair skin equals higher status is something that has been ingrained into societies, and as the wise man says; old beliefs and bigotries die hard.

I think you are missing the point of this thread. It is not about the skin of the face. This thread is about celebates. Chinese and Japanese and Thai men don't have a pink ones. Thai ladies like see chompoo. But don't take my word for it ask them.

You chose to go to Thailand and work for a pittance amongst people that are preduijice against you, why ?

He lost all his money ???

E20k is nothing, they must be having a joke, I lost E700k to my former UK wife, no sexy massage, no big newspaper headlines about that for some reason! Oh I know, it's a bit of Thai bashing by the western press ........ again.

At 71 making plans for the future is choosing a nice pine box IMHO.

Edited by sarahsbloke

You chose to go to Thailand and work for a pittance amongst people that are preduijice against you, why ?

I can't speak for LOZ because I have never met him but I have two black teacher friends. One man is ordinary and he is not treated any better or worse than anybody else. Just a run of the mill person and run of the mill teacher.

The other is a superstar. He is a great teacher and he does many extracurricular activities that appeal to the Thais. Football, drums, sings, dances. He assists with the marching band even the school ping pong team. The drums really get the kids and even the teachers going. John can really play the drums.

He is a happy guy.

Because of his skin color he stands out and is easy to pick out in a crowd. He happens to have made a very positive impression on the community and now he is a local celebrity. His facility with languages is nothing short of awesome. He picked up Thai in less than a year. I eat lunch with him a couple of times a week because he is a chick magnet and some of it rubs off on me, I'm a shy guy.

Sex in Thailand is readily available in/from ????

taxi and motorcycle drivers?

colonic spas?

boxing training camps?

7/11s?

Really???

Maybe I ought to try out that advice next time I'm down visiting the Immigration Bureau at Chaeng Wattana.... What could go wrong with that??? whistling.gif

Readily available: Malls, universities, shops, markets, buses, trains, airplanes, taxi and motorcycle taxi drivers, hospitals, beaches, waterfalls, optometrists offices, skin clinics, clinic clinics, weight loss centers, colonic spas, boxing training camps, concerts, government offices, auto dealerships, real estate firms, tire shops, restaurants and food stands, and of course the usual places, massage, Karaoke places, 7/11's and the others.

A few taxi and motorcycle drivers are female. In my experience a few of those are open for alternative methods of transportation.

Spas? Sure no problem. Colonic spas are not low ticket items. Once you are there the lady attendants know you have the means to afford a good time.

Boxing training camps. Yes, indubitably yes and the ladies are in superb condition. There is one large luxury hotel in Thailand that specializes in this. They have an expensive plush side to the hotel and another economy training camp side with rather spartan accommodations.

7/11 ladies or gay guys. This can't be news to anyone living in Thailand.

I have only asked out one lady from immigration and it was only for lunch, nothing more developed. I have had a lot better luck with the girls from the mayors office.

I gave lectures for a while to government workers along the Eastern seaboard. They were a fun crowd. It was easy to sort the ones who wanted to play. They were wearing skin tight skirts and tight blouses. Avoid the women with sensible shoes and baggy fitting clothes. When you can see the panty line in the skirt and she is not wearing granny panties that is a good start. Leave the whiskey in the box in your briefcase. Then you only have to flash the box and wink towards the end of the meeting,

& why do you think that is Mark ??

Why do you think it is a "more varied & readily avaiblable menu " ??

Generalizing Thai women as being gold diggers is definitely incorrect. It is true that women search for a secure provider for building a family and I see nothing wrong with that. It happens in all countries.

Thus I must state that many Western - Thai marriages are happy marriages with wonderful children.

Maybe I missed something but I see nothing in the quote you quoted that has anything to do with gold diggers or marriage. Enlighten me please.

I was replying to M. Singh. Sorry I quoted the wrong post.

& what relevence has my question to Mark got to do with you reply to or did you quote the wrong Post there too ??

I only asked him why he thought what he did, i didn't generalize anyone..

& also in what you must state, it may well be many, but i'm dam_n sure it isn't the majority where " happy marriages " are concerned..

But i guess it depends on what people define as happy &, considering the Thread that we're in & the typ of Person teh overall Thread is talkign about, i'd also be pretty sure that the definition is grossly different to mine & that may also include yours judging by what you wrote..

Agreed. I've often thought same.

Agreed. I've often thought same.

Do you all spend a lot of time at the Nana hotel breakfast? I doubt if one can reasonably call it a chamber of horrors unless it has been personally observed. Or perhaps you are just stereotyping something you read in novels. Get out and see the world. It may be different than you imagine.

Just a random thought here .....

But what sort of social misfit stays at the Nana Hotel?

Surely if you are staying there (or eating breakfast there) it sort of indicates what you are doing and what sort of person you are.

(you are either a working girl or using the services of a working girl)

I've only spent a couple of nights in BKK (on the way to somewhere else) and have never been to any of the naughty places, only read stories.

Edited by sarahsbloke