WikiLeaks website again offline after company cuts DNS service

News_Editor

• Replies 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My understanding is that he will accede to being questioned, just not in Sweden.

The alleged crime was allegedly committed in Sweden. Of course they want to question him there.

If I were him, and if he is not guilty of the sex crimes, I would be a lot more worried about what might happen in England, rather than Sweden. The USA and England are much closer allies. :ermm:

As I understand it, the second charges were made

and the demand for questioning done while he was still in Sweden,

he knew this, and then he decided to leave.

I also believe that comes from his own mouth.

Hr received permission to leave the country as the charges was dropped a second time, before a politician entered the mix...

While Assange is enjoying the free luxurious accommodations being provided him he should consider calling Tiger Woods. He could find out what it costs to deal with one angry Swedish woman.

Assange is dealing with two angry Swedish women so he could simply double the grief factor. :D

As I understand it, the second charges were made

and the demand for questioning done while he was still in Sweden,

he knew this, and then he decided to leave.

I also believe that comes from his own mouth.

Obviously, you're ill informed and your believe is incorrect.

Assange's Lawyer contacted the Prosecutor early October (Assange was still in Sweden after the 2 girls filed their allegations second half of August) and asked if his client was needed for questioning; the answer was: NO.

When he informed the Prosecutor that his client intended to travel abroad and asked if that was allowed, the answer was: no problem.

*** คริสมาสต์มีความสุข * Merry Christmas * Bon Natal *גליקלעך ניטל * Bon Nadal * Frohe Weihnachten * Joyeux Noël * God jul * חג מולד שמח * Zalig Kerstmis * Buon Natale * 圣诞快乐 * Navidad Feliz * счастливое рождество * Natal Feliz * ハッピークリスマス * Nollaig Shona * Selamat Natal * Glædelig Jul * Hyvää Joulua * Καλά Χριστούγεννα * 메리 크리스마스 * Wesołych Świąt ***

:jap:

LaoPo

Edited by LaoPo

While Assange is enjoying the free luxurious accommodations being provided him he should consider calling Tiger Woods. He could find out what it costs to deal with one angry Swedish woman.

Assange is dealing with two angry Swedish women so he could simply double the grief factor. :D

:D :D :D

I never thought of that, well done.

• 2 weeks later...
8 Smears and Misconceptions About WikiLeaks Spread By the Media

1. Fearmongering that WikiLeaks revelations will result in deaths. So far there's no evidence that WikiLeaks' revelations have cost lives. In fact, right before the cables were released, Pentagon officials admitted there were no documented instances of people being killed because of information exposed by WikiLeaks' previous document releases (and unlike the diplomatic cables, the Afghanistan files were unredacted).

That's not to say that the exposure of secret government files can't somehow lead to someone, somewhere, someday, being hurt. But that's a pretty high bar to set, especially by a government engaged in multiple military operations -- many of them secret -- that lead to untold civilian casualties.

Continued: http://www.alternet.org/story/149369/

That's not to say that the exposure of secret government files can't somehow lead to someone, somewhere, someday, being hurt.

In other words, without the spin, they easily could result in deaths. :whistling:

The same as our lying Governments causing the deaths of so many...but nobody talks nor cares anymore except the parents and loved ones. :(

That's why WikiLeaks should continue to expose the lies by our Governments who are now bringing the weak argument of "possible" casualties.

What about the ones THEY caused ?

LaoPo

That's not to say that the exposure of secret government files can't somehow lead to someone, somewhere, someday, being hurt.

In other words, without the spin, they easily could result in deaths. :whistling:

As oppose to the governments actions that we know DO cause deaths of innocents.

But ofcourse you prefer that.

From SFGate:

"The Worldwide pursuit of Wikileaks Editor-In-Chief Julian Assange because of both a rape charge in Sweden and his release of now hundreds of thousands of classified documents, is due to a detail that must be reviewed.

According to The Raw Story and Crikey, Swedish prosecutors charge that while Mr. Assange did have consensual sex with his two accusers, he allegedly did not use a condom, which, according to The Herald Sun, is against Swedish law.

Apparently having consensual sex in Sweden without a condom is punishable by a term of imprisonment of a minimum of two years for rape. That is the basis for a reinstitution of rape charges against WikiLeaks figurehead Julian Assange that is destined to make Sweden and its justice system the laughing stock of the world and dramatically damage its reputation as a model of modernity....

They had a discussion and decided it would be OK to share the living space, then went out together for dinner.

When they got back they had sexual relations, but there was a problem with the condom - it had split.

She seemed to think that he had done this deliberately but he insisted that it was an accident.

Also, neither woman complained to police, but approached them for advice, a technique in Sweden enabling citizens to avoid just punishment for making false complaints, and bragged about what's described as "their conquest."

I have to wonder if (how much) these two farang women were paid to belatedly become vengeful bitches, and by whom?

Seems Julian was woefully unprepared for casual sex. I'd thought he was smarter than that.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/abraham/detail?entry_id=78430

From SFGate:

"The Worldwide pursuit of Wikileaks Editor-In-Chief Julian Assange because of both a rape charge in Sweden and his release of now hundreds of thousands of classified documents, is due to a detail that must be reviewed.

http://www.sfgate.co...?entry_id=78430

Why you post an old BLOG article with old "alleged news" is a mystery to me. :blink:

There are hundreds of articles, every single day and worldwide, about WikiLeaks and Assange but this article contains nothing new.

LaoPo

Wikileaks is not in Thailand.It is an information source within the internet. NOT Thailand.Furthermore, It can only be accessed and read by those people who choose to open it up to read it. :whistling:

Wikileaks should not be allowed in Thailand. Try google "wikileaks thailand" and you will know why. I hope ICT shut it down forever.

Julian Assange is not the villian here. He is merely the messenger. " Don't shoot the messenger"

The US Gov is the problem and its apparent inability to control its sensitive information and thier people whom have access to it. :angry:

From SFGate:

http://www.sfgate.co...?entry_id=78430

Why you post an old BLOG article with old "alleged news" is a mystery to me. :blink:

There are hundreds of articles, every single day and worldwide, about WikiLeaks and Assange but this article contains nothing new.

LaoPo

It's an oldie, but a goodie! :D

As oppose to the governments actions...

So, two wrongs make a right all of a sudden? All the justifications in the world do not excuse Wikileaks purposely putting all those lives in danger. :bah:

So, two wrongs make a right all of a sudden? All the justifications in the world do not excuse Wikileaks purposely putting all those lives in danger. :bah:

Again, it isn't nearly the same thing.

Your argument is currently in line with that if someone traveled back to the hour before 9/11 he should not tell any security guards as they might shoot the hijackers and/or there is a chance some passenger might get hurt.

The very remote chance of someone getting hurt cannot be used as an excuse as to why a governments actions of actually doing hurt cannot be exposed.

The chances of people being hurt due to those documents being on the Internet are not "remote" in any way.

Leaked U.S. Intel documents listed the names and villages of Afghan collaboratorsand the Taliban is starting to retaliate.

After WikiLeaks published a trove of U.S. intelligence documentssome of which listed the names and villages of Afghans who had been secretly cooperating with the American militaryit didn't take long for the Taliban to react. A spokesman for the group quickly threatened to "punish" any Afghan listed as having "collaborated" with the U.S. and the Kabul authorities against the growing Taliban insurgency. In recent days, the Taliban has demonstrated how seriously those threats should be considered. Late last week, just four days after the documents were published, death threats began arriving at the homes of key tribal elders in southern Afghanistan. And over the weekend one tribal elder, Khalifa Abdullah, who the Taliban believed had been in close contact with the Americans, was taken from his home in Monar village, in Kandahar province's embattled Arghandab district, and executed by insurgent gunmen.

http://www.newsweek....-wikileaks.html

Edited by Ulysses G.

I think I read somewhere that a scandinavian newspaper has the complete leaks now, and are starting to publish them. I believe they published something about a US/German satellite and the leaks relate to the French being frozen out of getting in on it.

I'm sure the head honcho of that paper will soon be in a bit of strife.

Edited by Wallaby

The chances of people being hurt due to those documents being on the Internet are not "remote" in any way.

Leaked U.S. Intel documents listed the names and villages of Afghan collaborators—and the Taliban is starting to retaliate.

After WikiLeaks published a trove of U.S. intelligence documents—some of which listed the names and villages of Afghans who had been secretly cooperating with the American military—it didn't take long for the Taliban to react. A spokesman for the group quickly threatened to "punish" any Afghan listed as having "collaborated" with the U.S. and the Kabul authorities against the growing Taliban insurgency. In recent days, the Taliban has demonstrated how seriously those threats should be considered. Late last week, just four days after the documents were published, death threats began arriving at the homes of key tribal elders in southern Afghanistan. And over the weekend one tribal elder, Khalifa Abdullah, who the Taliban believed had been in close contact with the Americans, was taken from his home in Monar village, in Kandahar province's embattled Arghandab district, and executed by insurgent gunmen.

Perhaps Afghan authorities could ask for extradition then, don't see how the US govt could use an Afghan being killed in his own country as grounds for any charges.

Almlid stresses that Aftenposten will apply the same publishing guidelines for articles based on the newly obtained documents as it does for all of its other stories.

This means that it will edit stuff out based on ethical principles, in order to protect people's privacy or security, and that it will only publish the stories it considers newsworthy. The journalistic role of WikiLeaks has been criticized in the past because it dumps raw documents, regardless of whether they are significant to the general public or not. The efficiency of it's harm minimization process has also been questioned.

Interesting. The writer also insinuates that someone inside WikiLeaks provided them with the material without Assange's permission.

Edited by Ulysses G.

I am a US Air Force Intelligence Veteran of the War in Afghanistan and, I support Wikileaks.

January 4, 2010

excerpts:

During my service I held a Top Secret security clearance and worked as an Afghan-Pashto linguist; my duties included consuming and producing a large number of intelligence reports. After reading many of the Iraq/Afghan/Cablegate logs I am compelled to inform my fellow citizens that I saw nothing in these logs that could endanger our troops or public servants.

<snip>

For too long, bastards (using Julian Assange's definition) have been able to use America's good reputation as a cover for their misdeeds. These days, it seems that powerful interests wield more influence in Washington than the whole of the American electorate. These interests see the American people as nothing more than sheep to be fleeced and so they use their influence to make it easier for us to be held down. I support Wikileaks because I want to see these insidious influences exposed. My hope is that the 21st Century will be one of liberty and transparency, not of greater secrecy and slavish submission to authority.

Complete article from:

http://current.com/n...htm?xid=RSSfeed

LaoPo

Almlid stresses that Aftenposten will apply the same publishing guidelines for articles based on the newly obtained documents as it does for all of its other stories.

This means that it will edit stuff out based on ethical principles, in order to protect people's privacy or security, and that it will only publish the stories it considers newsworthy. The journalistic role of WikiLeaks has been criticized in the past because it dumps raw documents, regardless of whether they are significant to the general public or not. The efficiency of it's harm minimization process has also been questioned.

Interesting. The writer also insinuates that someone inside WikiLeaks provided them with the material without Assange's permission.

Could well be, I have no idea, haven't heard or read too much about it. But I think for a newspaper to have all those documents would be like a kid in a candy shop and too much temptation not to publish them, or most of them anyway.

I'm still waiting on the UFO's though. :D

UG, can you specify "all those lives in danger. " ?

Nice generalisation, do you have any specifics ??

Leaked U.S. Intel documents listed the names and villages of Afghan collaborators—and the Taliban is starting to retaliate.

After WikiLeaks published a trove of U.S. intelligence documents—some of which listed the names and villages of Afghans who had been secretly cooperating with the American military—it didn't take long for the Taliban to react. A spokesman for the group quickly threatened to "punish" any Afghan listed as having "collaborated" with the U.S. and the Kabul authorities against the growing Taliban insurgency. In recent days, the Taliban has demonstrated how seriously those threats should be considered. Late last week, just four days after the documents were published, death threats began arriving at the homes of key tribal elders in southern Afghanistan. And over the weekend one tribal elder, Khalifa Abdullah, who the Taliban believed had been in close contact with the Americans, was taken from his home in Monar village, in Kandahar province's embattled Arghandab district, and executed by insurgent gunmen.

Any evidence of how "unremote" they are ?

I am a US Air Force Intelligence Veteran of the War in Afghanistan and, I support Wikileaks.

January 4, 2010

excerpts:

During my service I held a Top Secret security clearance and worked as an Afghan-Pashto linguist; my duties included consuming and producing a large number of intelligence reports. After reading many of the Iraq/Afghan/Cablegate logs I am compelled to inform my fellow citizens that I saw nothing in these logs that could endanger our troops or public servants.

<snip>

For too long, bastards (using Julian Assange's definition) have been able to use America's good reputation as a cover for their misdeeds. These days, it seems that powerful interests wield more influence in Washington than the whole of the American electorate. These interests see the American people as nothing more than sheep to be fleeced and so they use their influence to make it easier for us to be held down. I support Wikileaks because I want to see these insidious influences exposed. My hope is that the 21st Century will be one of liberty and transparency, not of greater secrecy and slavish submission to authority.

Complete article from:

http://current.com/n...htm?xid=RSSfeed

LaoPo

If you were who you say you were than you are a nobber for even mentioning it in a public forum. :ph34r: And I also support wikileaks. B)

Edited by coma