I have a 3 day hall pass from T.G.

Here is my questions:

Cititel or ?

Slippery senoritas or ?

Best Health club?

If you have any recent first hand advice please Pm

Thanks in advance for

SBACM :o

I've been checking hotels in Penang and thinking of staying at Hotel Continental. Is it better to book online (for 80.50 nett) or should I just go there when I arrive without any reservations?

Any other suggestions welcome...

Thanks

I've been checking hotels in Penang and thinking of staying at Hotel Continental. Is it better to book online (for 80.50 nett) or should I just go there when I arrive without any reservations?

I would either book online or call the hotel directly and make a reservation (+60.4.263.6388). Why take a chance on showing up and having the hotel be full for some reason?

The only time I ever experienced a shortage of hotel rooms in Georgetown was during the three days at the end of Muslim fasting and even then was able to find - although the day previously some had to travel to beach area to find an empty room. But if I were arriving on a late flight I would probably want to book in advance anyhow.

The only time I ever experienced a shortage of hotel rooms in Georgetown was during the three days at the end of Muslim fasting

Another problem period for accomodation in Malaysia is during school holidays. Transportation can also be a pain at these times. I wouldn't imagine that the backpacker-type places along Chulia Street would be much of a problem (i.e. competition with Malay travelers), but more upscale places like the Cititel are apt to fill up.

Any other suggestions welcome...

Thanks

If you're staying on Jl Chulia the Hong Ping Hotel above the Coco Island restaurant/pub is decent value at 273-B, Chulia Street, Tel 604-2625243, http://www.penangnet.com/hongping/ The rooms have TVs and aircon and walls that go all the way to the ceiling.

Edited by fxm88

The rooms have TVs and aircon and walls that go all the way to the ceiling.

Walls that go all the way to the ceiling?? :o Amazing! Can't imagine what the cheaper hotels are like....

Totally off topic, but reminds me of a silly crank call....

Caller: Hello... Is Mr. Wall at home?

Victim: No.

Caller: Is Mrs. Wall at home?

Caller: Are any of the Walls there?

Caller: Then? what is holding up your roof????

The rooms have TVs and aircon and walls that go all the way to the ceiling.

Walls that go all the way to the ceiling?? :o Amazing! Can't imagine what the cheaper hotels are like....

Totally off topic, but reminds me of a silly crank call....

Caller: Hello... Is Mr. Wall at home?

Caller: Is Mrs. Wall at home?

Caller: Are any of the Walls there?

Caller: Then? what is holding up your roof????

There are still some rooms in older style chineese hotels that have about a 4 inch gap between some of the interier walls and the ceilings in fan rooms. The idea is that the air will circulate around the building instead of just inside the room. This was quite common in tropical areas before the days of air con.

There are still some rooms in older style chineese hotels that have about a 4 inch gap between some of the interier walls and the ceilings in fan rooms. The idea is that the air will circulate around the building instead of just inside the room. This was quite common in tropical areas before the days of air con.

Never quite as romantic when its the bathroom wall that doesnt reach the ceiling though. :D

:o