A Place More Funny Than Hotel Gateway Phayao

Jahil

My wife and myself will arrive Monday evening from Europe because my father in law is in ICU section of RAM hospital since a few days.

I booked one night in Gateway hotel but I do not like it at all.

Has anyone an idea about a nice place to stay next to Phayao with some serious internet connection???

Thanks for your help.

I've been 'stuck' in Phayao a couple of times and altho I like the ambiance of the little town on the lake, good food and nice boardwalk......I couldn't find any decent acomodation. One night in a sleazy hotel on a back street and another night in a guesthouse that could have been quite nice, except that it only had one shared bathroom for 7 or 8 guest rooms and the walls were paper thin.......woke up by a family of 10 next door.

Hopefully someone can post of alternatives......

The Win Hotel in the centre of Phayao is the best place to stay now (IMO)...

It's brand new, has air-con and internet connections and is not too expensive. You can get a basic room for 250 baht a night, or a larger room with air-con and internet for ~600/700 baht a night.

The hotel is bang in the centre of Phayao, just down a small Soi opposite the back of the department store. It's a big, bright yellow building, so you 'shouldn't' be able to miss it. The Gateway is a little tired now and there isn't much more choice around Phayao really.

Hope this helps!?

I am in Phayao regularly as my gf lives east of Dokkamthai. Very little in the way of accomodations and next to nothing for farang entertainment. Other than the waterfront bars. A beautiful location for a small city and tons of potential. There's room for a golf course and a resort. A bowling alley is a good idea and a couple of bars that cater to farang clientele.

Phayao Grandroom Hotel, located right behind Phayao Ram Hospital is very inexpensive, has AC, wireless internet (get the room right above the desk if it is available for maximum connectivity), very comfortable beds. I stay there for almost a month in January of 09 in preparation for a wedding. I was very satisfied. It is only a short walk (be careful crossing the highway) from downtown markets and such. ett

• 5 months later...

Dear Mistephenso

We will travel from Chiang Mai to Phayao and intend to stay in the The Win Hotel. As we are a group I would like to make a reservation.

Unfortunately I could not find (I googled: may be I did something not right) the Win Hotel.

Do you have any contact details of the Win Hotel?

Any contact information ist mostly welcome.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Robert

It's brand new, has air-con and internet connections and is not too expensive. You can get a basic room for 250 baht a night, or a larger room with air-con and internet for ~600/700 baht a night.

The hotel is bang in the centre of Phayao, just down a small Soi opposite the back of the department store. It's a big, bright yellow building, so you 'shouldn't' be able to miss it. The Gateway is a little tired now and there isn't much more choice around Phayao really.

Hope this helps!?

Dear Mistephenso

We will travel from Chiang Mai to Phayao and intend to stay in the The Win Hotel. As we are a group I would like to make a reservation.

Unfortunately I could not find (I googled: may be I did something not right) the Win Hotel.

Do you have any contact details of the Win Hotel?

Any contact information ist mostly welcome.

Thank you very much.

Best regards,

Robert

Hope this helps!?

Hi Robert,

Sorry, I've only just seen your reply...

I had a look around on the internet (searching in Thai too) and you are correct, the hotel does not publish its number anywhere?? They are not even registered with the Thai 'Directory Enquiries' for reasons unknown to me. There are advertising boards in Phayao with the number, but that's not much help for anyone outside of Phayao!

Anyway, their number is:

+66(0)54-480333

If you want to see some pictures, you can check them out here: Win Hotel pics

Have fun on your travels...!

• 7 months later...

Just stayed in this place after reading this post and thought folks might be interested in an update. The Win is clean, well-located and very good value for money. Good showers, plenty of off-street parking also. Wireless internet is unreliable but that's about the only negative.

Would happily stay here again.