Dvd Player

cusper

Evening,

just wonder if any tech head! :D has some knowledge on dvd player problems.

I've got a Panasonic dvd/video machine 2/1.

What's happening is the discs are freezing and only after much button pushing

and some language :o it continues......then stops again.

I've cleaned it,supposedly, but to no avail.

I will take it for a service but before I do I would like an idea of what could be causing the problem.

It was fine about a month ago and has gone downhill since.

Any sensible answers would be appreciated.

I doubt that we can come up with any sensible answers but:

1. Still picture or the dvd stops spinning?

2. Push buttons where? On unit or remote? If remote can you hide it and unit run OK? Sometimes remotes get liquid in them and send signals when they should be sleeping.

If the unit itself is stopping there may be some slight adjustment out mechanically rather than electronic problem.

Will probably take a lot more language to get to fixed if an intermittent problem.

hi'

I had some problem reading dvd+rw and some dvd+r ... suspect :o

cleaned it, no better and now does accept only dvd-r and vcd ... the cell is out of order, so I bought another one, an H&B with divx all codecs and all nice things we can find by now, for a 45 euros on the net :D

when it comes to the dvd player's cell .. buy another one :D

francois

Hi Cusper,

My guess would be, assuming they are cheapo copies, is that your suppliers disc quality is getting worse, I have been experiencing similar 'freezing' more than normal in the last 3 months from my usual supplier of cheapo DVDs. I find the worst ones come from China (Plus they tend to be DVD5). All I can do is return them in hope of a decent replacement copy. On the other hand if you get 'freezing' on originals then it's time for the service guys to have a look!

Thairish

Thanks for the replies.

First of all the discs are a mix. Though the LOTR extended discs are made for the Thai market from Mapong (scorpion) company.

The button pushing is done on the remote and as I said its slowly gone down hill. The VCR component works fine, so I don't think its a Remote problem.

The machine was bought legit....nice try.

Like I said I have it under warranty I just want to try and narrow where the problem lies.

Lop, u mentioned mechanically? could u define that?

In fact the first time this began was when it was put on pause, and then wouldn't unpause........this was on the LOTR discs, which I don't think are copies.

Now its happening on all discs since. It plays fine ,all the menu options work and then it freezes, so it seems to be after the machine heats up?

When you say mechanical do u mean the Lasers or something else?

I do appreciate ur replies....Cusper

If it stops spinning the disc and not want to start there could be a sensor not picking up the disc or such. I have a cd drive in my computer that sometimes takes a hit to the side to get it running when stopped. At any rate if not caused by spurious remote control signals it will need medical attention as really nothing you could do except void warranty unless you were extremely lucky.