Sports In Chiang Rai

nickjam

Hi All

Does anyone have info on organised fun sport in Chiang Rai? I know David runs a footie team and Dave, if you're reading this I'd like to challenge your guys to a 7 a side match against CRIS staff. Are there any runs up here like 10ks or cross country adventure races? I'd like to propose some indoor cricket and I think my school would let us use the facility. That would need 12 able participants of which I could gather up about 5-6. If there is no existing 10k I might look into organising one and would welcome thoughts and ideas from members of the community.

I'm hoping to start an inter school sports conference for small CR schools and whilst I'm going to contact all the schools in the future, I'd be happy to hear any input from other teachers in CR. I'm thinking badminton, footie and basketball at U13 and U11. It will start tentatively this year and hopefully grow into a proper league next year..

Cheers

Nick

p.s. my last post was about a pet shop in CR. Should anyone be interested I found a great one. Take a right at the Adidas T junction and its a couple of hundred yards on the left (where they sell lots of paint, strimmers etc)

Don't know what CRIS stands for, is the the new Christian thumpers school in Chiang Rai run by Korean christians..

If it is then I doubt you will get many schools in Chiang Rai interested especially after your boss insulted most of them on this forum