Ratthapark Wilairot Injured In Streetbike Crash

Mr.Poko

Moto2 World Championship racer Ratthapark Wilairot, the only Thai racer in the series, is in the intensive care unit of Bangkok's Bamrungrad Hospital after suffering head injuries in a streetbike crash near his home in Chon Buri, Thailand, on Monday.

Wilairot was a passenger on a motorcycle ridden by his friend, who died at the scene, at the time of the accident. According to the Bangkok Post, the racer is out of danger but is still unconscious.

Source: http://www.motorcycle.in.th/article.php/Ratthapark-Wilairot-Injured-In-Crash

May he have a speedy and full recovery! D*mn those drunk and reckless car drivers!

Someone said they are all drunk and you are invisible as advice to stay out of harms way.

Wishing Khun Wilairot a full and speedy recovery.

There is no mention of alcohol or drunk drivers in this accident...

Wonder if he was wearing a helmet...

Great headline from our very credible and un-sensationalized news sponsor, The Nation.

On today's paper, it reads "FATAL Bike Crash" for this injured guy who, in the same article, says "showed signs of recovery".

:lol:

That's because his friend, who appears to have been riding the bike died in the accident. Now is that funny?

I didn't notice that and I stand corrected. I apologize. :ermm:

Amazingly though... aside from the FATAL Crash on headline, the "dead friend" seems to be given tiny importance as it is only mentioned in passing... and in the middle of the 6th paragraph of the article.

The major earlier paragraphs seem to be mostly on reassuring the public that the 'star' is recovering and not to worry 'coz he'll probably be able to return to racing <_< , without mention of that unlucky friend. :ermm:

May he have a speedy and full recovery! D*mn those drunk and reckless car drivers!

Someone said they are all drunk and you are invisible as advice to stay out of harms way.

Sage advise for all bikers. But in this case, it was likely literally true since the accident happened at around 3:00am if memory serves. I read that more than half of all Thailand road accidents involve motorcycles, and about half of those happen at night. The blood alcohol content of the rider wasn't mentioned...

Do yourself & yours a favor and minimize your riding after dark, but certainly never after last call at the bars.